Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

Did anyone read past the title? This is what I get for wr...

Apr 19, 2011

Did anyone read past the title? This is what I get for writing more than three sentences in the OP XD

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 10 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Wait, so all those polls, labs, and 20 page threads about...

Apr 19, 2011
Wait, so all those polls, labs, and 20 page threads about every change isn't a strong enough voice?
Message 11 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5918 posts

tripleWRECK is still recovering from going into cardiac a...

Apr 19, 2011

starkraven wrote:

I wish it were possible to get tripleWRECK's opinion on the MP reveal. I disagreed with him on things but he was a great voice in the Uncharted Community.

tripleWRECK is still recovering from going into cardiac arrest after viewing the MP reveal. :smileytongue:

Message 12 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

No because most of the population who play the game don't...

Apr 19, 2011

BHK3 wrote:
Wait, so all those polls, labs, and 20 page threads about every change isn't a strong enough voice?

No because most of the population who play the game don't come to the forums to vote or comment. The voice on the forums is just a loud minority.

Message 13 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

I think his point is that Naughty Dog has always encourag...

Apr 19, 2011

Treasure_Bearer wrote:

The community has plenty of voice.  But this isn't a democracy, excepting in the $ you vote with.

Don't like the way things are?   Don't buy the game.  Sure, you can make the "I bought it I want it to be better" argument, but it's like trying to change your boyfriend, 'so he can be better.'   It ain't yours to mess with.  You bought a stake in it.  That's all.   Be glad the system allows change.  Oh, I remember when we all wanted Atari to change ET for the 2600, into a super game... they buried it in the desert, instead.  Literally.

ND has demonstrated a pretty strong propensity to do what they want, and claim customer desire.  They've also claimed "that's the way things are in these games" to defend some points, and "this is unique and unprecedented" to defend others.

It's their game, and they're making some proportion of decisions based solely on money, at some point.  Some may well be creative decisions, some may be personal "wow" factors.

The voices stated on this private forum are loud, and they don't have to let any criticism stand, but they do.   Frankly, if this was my game?  I'd have mods delete anything critical.

I think his point is that Naughty Dog has always encouraged suggestions, and claimed to value our feedback, yet we have received very little (if any) demonstration of as much. I have always been under the impression that ND just kinda does what they deem worthy, and we're always expected to follow along with our heads bowed. As is evident by 1.05 and the resulting months, raising the level cap, spawns, playlist changes, etc. Sure, they can read our posts here, but I haven't been under the impression it often amounted to anything.

Uncharted 3's details have essentially confirmed my suspicions, and while I'm not furious or anything, I am personally a little disappointed.

And an in-game poll would give a much wider glimpse of the community's opinions, rather than just what is concentrated, say, on this forum.

And before anyone accuses me of as much; I am not saying that they should drop what they're doing every time a complaint surfaces, and accomodate our every whim. Not at all. I'm simply pointing out that asking for suggestions and feedback is fairly irrelevant if nothing ever comes of it. You can only feign being receptive for so long without actually acting on it before we start to notice, and that's what it feels like from my perspective. I'm probably just being cynical here, but I have literally stuck by this game since release, and have been posting almost every single day since this forum was first created. I think I'm entitled to a little bit of skepticism.

Anyway, I agree with the OP. I would like to see a bit more communication (and perhaps changes, if necessary) between ND and the community, this time around, rather than just a few periodic replies on the forum/in the blog, here and there.

Message 14 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

So you're gonna call the hardcore a miniority? At this po...

Apr 19, 2011

PeteX19 wrote:

BHK3 wrote:

No because most of the population who play the game don't come to the forums to vote or comment. The voice on the forums is just a loud minority.

So you're gonna call the hardcore a miniority? At this point, I doubt the people playing U2 are casual players. I rather have ND listen to us, the people who have played for a very long time. ND is trying to reach for a demographic that isn't there, the casual players. Every game that has tryed that has failed, the COD players are too busy playing COD to go anywhere else.

Message 15 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

Voting has nothing to do with the hardcore or casual deba...

Apr 19, 2011

BHK3 wrote:

PeteX19 wrote:

BHK3 wrote:

So you're gonna call the hardcore a miniority? At this point, I doubt the people playing U2 are casual players. I rather have ND listen to us, the people who have played for a very long time. ND is trying to reach for a demographic that isn't there, the casual players. Every game that has tryed that has failed, the COD players are too busy playing COD to go anywhere else.

Voting has nothing to do with the hardcore or casual debate. I'm sure there are players who have more hours than ours combined and have never been on the forums. Everyone has a right to vote who spends time playing this game as they are all part of the UC online community.

ND are using all the RPG elements that has kept people hooked to RPGs and COD for years and I'm all for it. Pack in some heroin which gets injected in to their system for each level they make for all I care XD

ND is a business first and foremost and the casual market is where the money is so it's daft not to put all your efforts in to catering for them. The best we can hope for is a classic mode of what UC2 should be right now but I wont start commenting on a game which I haven't even played yet.

Message 16 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

The problem with democracy is that everyone gets the righ...

Apr 19, 2011
The problem with democracy is that everyone gets the right to voice their opinion, which includes some of the idiots on here. I don't want idiots deciding this game's fate.
Message 18 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Although I don't know any game implementing such an optio...

Apr 19, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

And an in-game poll would give a much wider glimpse of the community's opinions, rather than just what is concentrated, say, on this forum.

Although I don't know any game implementing such an option, yes, it would be useful.

Everyone should be able to vote with ease, not everybody has a PC or a desire to visit this forum (and of course there should be countermeasures for alt accounts).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 19 of 19 (54 Views)
0 Likes