Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Re: The fire cap on weapons in Uncharted 3

Dec 25, 2012

Agreed !!

I really don't understand why ND replaced UC2 (ROF cap) with UC3 (input cap). It was working in UC2, and nobody complained about turbo controllers in UC2, while in UC3 it fails horribly in dealing with turbo controllers, along with the infamous "jamming" as a side effect.

I really fail to understand that "adapting" to this broken mechanic is a skill. Players with turbo controllers are not that much, and can easily deal with the input cap with some programming, while legitimate players have to "time" their shots and consider it a skill.

If ND seriously included this jamming as a "feature" for semi-automatics, then I really don't know what to say... Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 18 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Dec 27, 2012

B_Smiley wrote:

Agreed !!

I really don't understand why ND replaced UC2 (ROF cap) with UC3 (input cap). It was working in UC2, and nobody complained about turbo controllers in UC2, while in UC3 it fails horribly in dealing with turbo controllers, along with the infamous "jamming" as a side effect.

I really fail to understand that "adapting" to this broken mechanic is a skill. Players with turbo controllers are not that much, and can easily deal with the input cap with some programming, while legitimate players have to "time" their shots and consider it a skill.

If ND seriously included this jamming as a "feature" for semi-automatics, then I really don't know what to say... Smiley Indifferent

Exactly, I stated before that I don't refer to it as a "fire cap" but as a "mistake" because they can't have intentionally wanted to put such an intense fire cap on a pistol or rifle. I understand me being able to hit it once and miss a shot every now and then, but a few days ago when I actually tried to use the FAL, I hit R1 3 times, I counted and the gun never fired. Now I got a fast trigger finger, but dang. That is just wrong on SO many levels.

I know that this game caters to new players and some is understandable due to the fact that this game is a VERY different genre and a VERY popular game. But this fire cap is insane how newbie friendly it is. I mean, sure if I fire of 10 FAL rounds extremely fast onto 2 players and kill them rapidly it might look dirty, but I'd be fighting intense recoil and if they tried it themselves they'd realize how hard it is.

And of course make the guns something people don't regret using when they get blindfire melee'd after their guns just stops firing 2-3 times.

Message 12 of 18 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
69 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I uploaded a video to show my issue with the input-cap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWN2uqhLkik

sorry for the terrible quality. I didn't realize that the UC3 cinema upload was this bad. Smiley Frustrated

In the first time I used a regular DualShock3 controller, and in the second time I used a "special" controller for my PC games (you can play with gamepads in PC too Smiley Tongue). As you can see, in a lot of occasions the game literally ignored my every other input, and I really didn't tap as fast as I can, while on the second time, the para have a ridiculously fast ROF. It clearly shows that it fails in its job.

So why do we have to develop a "skill" to tolerate a flawed mechanic ?

Now, before you start assuming that I use a turbo controller and labeling me as a cheater, I don't (the DS3 is much more comfortable to use IMO), and if I was, I wouldn't post about it or bother to upload a video to show this flaw.

Message 13 of 18 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I sometimes use FAL, especially if  I use Talbot as a villain. I don't really mind the jamming, because I've learned to use the weapon the "right" way (although I'm still not a pro with it), AKA it doesn't really jam with me.

Message 14 of 18 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

Mar 8, 2013
The jamming is extremely annoying but shoot your first 1or2 shots normally, then shoot the last 3 or 4 as fast as u can for a lightning quick kill. Most will land allowing u to kill many players in succession.
-After landing your 1st shot to their chest, imediately aim to their head on the 2nd shot and fire away. Use fleetfoot to line up your shots to their head quickly and just worry about "landing" your shots. Dont worry much about dodging bullets, only lining up your aim
-Never use fal against foreigners -_- this bs lagg causes u to get insane amounts if hitmarkers with the fal than any other gun its infuriating. Your dot can be in em and know u landed 8 to their chest, but for some reason don't register. Its complete bs. Ive gotten tons of deaths this way when i know i landed all my shots. Save urself the stress
Message 15 of 18 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Mar 8, 2013

I think the reason there is a fire cap is to stop people super spamming a weapon. When I play BOP2 there is a gun called the Chicomb (UC3 G-Mal) that has no fire cap and it can fire extremly fast. 

Its not like this for all weapons though, the Fal and pistols on that game have a very slight fire cap which doesn't punish you too much, on UC3 for both the Para-9 and the Fal the fire cap needs some type of alteration.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 16 of 18 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I think the reason there is a fire cap is to stop people super spamming a weapon. When I play BOP2 there is a gun called the Chicomb (UC3 G-Mal) that has no fire cap and it can fire extremly fast. 

Its not like this for all weapons though, the Fal and pistols on that game have a very slight fire cap which doesn't punish you too much, on UC3 for both the Para-9 and the Fal the fire cap needs some type of alteration.

The Chicomb is an SMG, I believe, it's suppose to have high fire rate. Also it's not over powered in that game at all. Tbh, my most used weapon on my old gamertag was the Tac-45 pistol (1000 kills which is 500 more than my second most kills gun). It is a pistol and I hit the firecap fairly often. But pistols in that game are to good. That awful raffica pistol is a beast. Whack ops 2 is broken, the only balanced thing in that game are assualt rifles and everything else is wrong in it. Not the best example to compare here.

Thanks to whoever bumped the thread. It's not about making the Para or FAL over powered, it's about making it not insanely crippled. Remember for every round fired you've got recoil to deal with. It's not like you're giving hand outs, it won't just make everything easy peasy. The Para might also see less blindfire use if it actually is made where it's worth aiming. I agree there should be a SLIGHT firecap, as it is needed to stop turbo controllers. But ffs, 3 R1 presses and no rounds fired? That is just stupid. And I hate pulling out that Para, only to have my **bleep** handed to me for aiming and not blindfire/Melee-ing. 

Message 17 of 18 (201 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

The Chicomb is an SMG, I believe, it's suppose to have high fire rate. Also it's not over powered in that game at all. Tbh, my most used weapon on my old gamertag was the Tac-45 pistol (1000 kills which is 500 more than my second most kills gun). It is a pistol and I hit the firecap fairly often. But pistols in that game are to good. That awful raffica pistol is a beast. Whack ops 2 is broken, the only balanced thing in that game are assualt rifles and everything else is wrong in it. Not the best example to compare here.

Thanks to whoever bumped the thread. It's not about making the Para or FAL over powered, it's about making it not insanely crippled. Remember for every round fired you've got recoil to deal with. It's not like you're giving hand outs, it won't just make everything easy peasy. The Para might also see less blindfire use if it actually is made where it's worth aiming. I agree there should be a SLIGHT firecap, as it is needed to stop turbo controllers. But ffs, 3 R1 presses and no rounds fired? That is just stupid. And I hate pulling out that Para, only to have my **bleep** handed to me for aiming and not blindfire/Melee-ing. 

The jamming on those guns suck, yeah.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 18 of 18 (193 Views)
0 Likes