Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Re: The pre-lobby quitting is out of control.

May 28, 2013
We're not talking about TK kick-outs here, btw. Like, actual game removals for no reason.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 41 of 51 (1,605 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

May 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It's not like we're not complaining about that NOW, dude.

Also, your idea would suck unless you never experienced the ND-approved No-Reason-Kick (patent pending).

Look, I know that my idea may not be the smartest and most fool proof idea but Im sure that for Uncharted 4 it can be expanded upon. The removal of stats might make many players get bored of the game quickly, not because they can't noobstomp in parties but because of the leaderboards many players (Including myself) try to set goals for themselves. 

Many times I have said that "Ok Im going to try and get to this position on the leaderboard, today I want to beat this person on the win leaderboard". Coop players like I have said before are probably proud of how many crushings and hards they have beaten. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 42 of 51 (1,526 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

May 28, 2013
blood@:

not probably

ITS A FACT !!!!

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 43 of 51 (1,515 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

May 28, 2013
:smileywink:

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 44 of 51 (1,468 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
959 posts

May 28, 2013

Mabye, but only maaaybe it has something to do that Uncharted never had a proper mercenary playlist.

I could be wrong and my 1ooo+ quits only became of my stats and NOT because the game is pile of **bleep** if playing as lonewolf.

This whole thing getting really really old guys.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 45 of 51 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

May 28, 2013
Anyway, game's pretty old, so the fix would be on the next game anyway.

As long as we don't do quit penalties. The game's bad enough as it is, so why punish players who get the kickglitch with even more BS to deal with.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 46 of 51 (1,145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

May 28, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I don't know how you can really fix this, seeing as how even if ND does manage to fix all the ways of quitting out of the pre-lobby if someone wanted to quit badly, they can always rely on sign-out,pulling out cord, or quitting the game...

You can't blame ND on this one, as it is the players caring too much about their stats or not wanting a challenge.

sure you can, people are **bleep**, and as a developer you should prevent the **bleep** from being **bleep**, so what they can do:

- have no leaderboards and statistics, like in the Uncharted 2 good old days

- give a loss and a few deaths as a penalty for quitting, now when you quit before voting you don't even get a loss, just give those guys a loss and 5 deaths for free, that would teach them (of course this would be annoying when getting kicked out of matches, party splitted or spinning ring, but whatever, you shouldn't care about statistics)

I think the statistics on your profile are the biggest problem, because you didn't have those in Uncharted 2, and I did not see anyone quit in UC2 before the match started, well, maybe also a reason is that Uncharted 3 is meant to attract the CoD-crowd, so we have 10 year old kids now that quit for their statistics...

Message 47 of 51 (838 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

May 28, 2013
^ I'm fine with the quit penalties here.

I mean, jesus, if I get kicked out for no reason, the last thing I'd want is to have to wait for x minutes because **bleep** me.
Message 48 of 51 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

May 28, 2013
This game isn't getting another patch. FACT. All the problems it has and any future problems just have to be dealt with by getting a gallon of ice cream and eating till you hate yourself more than the game.
Message 49 of 51 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5876 posts

May 28, 2013

Honestly, the only reason someone should get punished in-game is for using any form of glitch that gives them an unfair advantage.

Anything else is fair game, whether it's using the UBER HAX0R cheap weapons, to pubstomping in a party, to quitting in a lobby... You really shouldn't get punished since that's is how the  person chooses to play, I mean would I care if the penalty is given, not likely, but it will add up considering the amount of times I quit before game or at the very beginning. With things like school, invites, real life stuffz , getting kicked, etc. it will be unfair quite a bit. Quitting is entirely up to the player(well besides the random disconnects) and there upon not ND's responsibility to punish them for simply...quitting the game.

I will agree on that, they do need to fix matchmaking quite a bit. Here's to hoping they have this settled in TLOU MP and later on in the UC4 MP that may come. If the matchmaking is fixed and has properly balanced teams, then people may quit waaay less unless they have a legit reason in doing so.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Message 50 of 51 (256 Views)
0 Likes