May 27 2013
By: StardustSpeedway Hekseville Citizen 219 posts

The pre-lobby quitting is out of control.

50 replies 594 views Edited May 27, 2013

As the title says, this trend is becoming more and more common by each passing day. It's an exploit that needs to be fixed immediately. I see it every time I'm a lone wolf and every time I party up. Matchmaking takes ages as it is, and with this, it makes the wait even longer. Worst is when I'm partied up and we get another party that leaves during the matchmaking lobby; guess what happens? My party gets split because there isn't enough players on the other team to "balance" it out. Chances are, if a party gets paired up against another party, one of them will be guaranteed to do this to avoid facing other good players. It's a cowardly move.

Asking for something to get fixed at this point in the game is almost laughable, but please consider fixing this exploit or at least look into it, Naughty Dog. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 51 (594 Views)
Splicer
32 posts

Re: The pre-lobby quitting is out of control.

May 27, 2013

I don't know how a team that uses the backout glitch has any pride at all.

--------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 51 (580 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5272 posts

May 27, 2013

I don't know how you can really fix this, seeing as how even if ND does manage to fix all the ways of quitting out of the pre-lobby if someone wanted to quit badly, they can always rely on sign-out,pulling out cord, or quitting the game...

You can't blame ND on this one, as it is the players caring too much about their stats or not wanting a challenge.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 51 (577 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

May 27, 2013

I feel bad for the people qutting over the stats. Kudos to this topic. 

Btw you're a good player. c:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 51 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 27, 2013

I use this quite often when I'm up against a large party and it's clear that my own team is going to be weak. I honestly think it's funny that their party gets split up because that's the only way most of these guys are going to get a loss. Playing in an uber party of five is more lame than quitting in the pre-lobby so I don't feel bad about it. It's also worth mentioning that many of these parties are probably going to be trophy boosters that are just trying to find other boosters. You can thank the senseless DLC trophies for that.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 51 (512 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

May 28, 2013
I often play in a party of 5 with my clan. And we're none of what you just described. I know you're right about a lot of others, but there are some legit parties out there. We don't have any requirements for our clan (kdr/win-loss/etc). So not everyone is crazy good, although most happen to be above average. But we will take anyone, if they are good team players and will stick with us and have our backs.

Just thought I would add that lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 51 (507 Views)
Fender Bender
3476 posts

May 28, 2013
I don't necessarily play in an "uber-party" but over the years, we've gotten pretty good. None of us have outstanding stats, but we see people quit in pregame all the time. I've been playing with these guys since Uncharted 2, so I don't feel bad about partying up with them. In fact, I probably wouldn't play U3 at all if it weren't for them. I've tried to move on several times now.

Just stay in the lobby and take your butt kickin like I did back in the day.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 51 (503 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

May 28, 2013
That problem exists on all modes, even co-op, but I won't go into that because it seems obvious how.

I'm just curiousof how exactly can we fix this.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 51 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1853 posts

May 28, 2013
Hah, I was actually just mentioning this in the Leaderboard thread, it's disgusting how often this happens, and I swear it's causing my PS3 to freeze when someone does this.

If stat cards went, I'm sure there would be a huge decrease in the number of people using this exploit, then no one would know what they were up against before the match started.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 51 (487 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

May 28, 2013
i do it only in COOP

i hate playing with noobs and leaving every game. I loose 1h when i dont do this trick

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 51 (471 Views)
0 Likes