Wastelander
650 posts

Re: The pre-lobby quitting is out of control.

May 28, 2013

StardustSpeedway wrote:

As the title says, this trend is becoming more and more common by each passing day. It's an exploit that needs to be fixed immediately. I see it every time I'm a lone wolf and every time I party up. Matchmaking takes ages as it is, and with this, it makes the wait even longer. Worst is when I'm partied up and we get another party that leaves during the matchmaking lobby; guess what happens? My party gets split because there isn't enough players on the other team to "balance" it out. Chances are, if a party gets paired up against another party, one of them will be guaranteed to do this to avoid facing other good players. It's a cowardly move.

Asking for something to get fixed at this point in the game is almost laughable, but please consider fixing this exploit or at least look into it, Naughty Dog. 

What about when a bunch of friends come across a bunch of RoF scrubs who play with the most OP and cheapest things such as Paid Boosters, Stat Hats and QB? Why should ND remove it?

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 11 of 51 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 28, 2013
ita understandable from a lonewolfs POV playing against a super party coz yould not even get the slightest chance to do anytbing. it wont be a competetive game and wheres the fun in that?
Message 12 of 51 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

May 28, 2013

I dont understand why people even bother leaving in the lobby since as soon as the it locks and you leave due to whatever reason you will get a loss. I mean I know that its not fun to play against to play against a party of five that use every cheap tactic under the sun but really, why bother quitting?

Its unbelievable how much quitting still takes place in this game just because players find a party of 2-5 that are not idiots.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 13 of 51 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
@Blood Time constraints.

I think a fix to most quitting is removing stats. Stats don't do anything besides shoving your accomplishments in someone's face. If you REALLY need stats to inflate your ego, I guess we can keep the stat card.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 14 of 51 (343 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

[ Edited ]
May 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Blood Time constraints.

I think a fix to most quitting is removing stats. Stats don't do anything besides shoving your accomplishments in someone's face. If you REALLY need stats to inflate your ego, I guess we can keep the stat card.

Cant really remove stats since stats are a part of all Multiplayer games. From Black Ops 2 to Starcraft they all have some kind of stats card or page that players can use to showoff. Thats what stats are for mainly, to show others how good of a player you are. Thing is, most people dont quit in Uncharted because of their stats, just because they come up against players that can give them a challange.

Just last week it was my party of 3 up against a party of 4. Our party had 2 fifth legacy 75s and one 1st legacy 75. The other party raged at us, accusing us of being stat freaks, power weapon hogs, dedicating out lives to Uncharted etc. As soon as the match started they all left.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 15 of 51 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
@Blood "challenge" isn't having a 5-minute noobstomp at the recieving end. That's no challenge. There's no challenge whatsoever, because they're getting dominated anyway. Just because the other team wants a free win the losing team will stay.

As for stats, that's not true. IIRC the 007 game doesn't have stats. They don't make the MP world go round, it only encourages being huge knobs (which all of us in the forum generally are, myself too). If you wanted to show how much of a good player you are, then show it DURING the game, not before.

I've said that removing stats fixes only half the quitting problem. I was going to suggest a quit penalty but the game has a lot of bugs (eg getting kicked out for no reason) and that most people do have lives to tend to (eg real life called).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 51 (334 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 28, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I often play in a party of 5 with my clan. And we're none of what you just described. I know you're right about a lot of others, but there are some legit parties out there. We don't have any requirements for our clan (kdr/win-loss/etc). So not everyone is crazy good, although most happen to be above average. But we will take anyone, if they are good team players and will stick with us and have our backs.

Just thought I would add that lol.

Plus we actually look forward to playing other PO5.!  

on topic - Can you blame them? It's really ND's fault by putting in a leaderboard into a non competitive game recipe for disaster.

Message 17 of 51 (328 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Blood "challenge" isn't having a 5-minute noobstomp at the recieving end. That's no challenge. There's no challenge whatsoever, because they're getting dominated anyway. Just because the other team wants a free win the losing team will stay.

As for stats, that's not true. IIRC the 007 game doesn't have stats. They don't make the MP world go round, it only encourages being huge knobs (which all of us in the forum generally are, myself too). If you wanted to show how much of a good player you are, then show it DURING the game, not before.

I've said that removing stats fixes only half the quitting problem. I was going to suggest a quit penalty but the game has a lot of bugs (eg getting kicked out for no reason) and that most people do have lives to tend to (eg real life called).

Agreed the leaderboard has corrupted the community, the Tournament should have a leader board & nothing else at this stage since it's the only thing the player can't technically manipulate since it resets weekly.

Message 18 of 51 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 28, 2013
having a stat card doesnt make a difference when going a against a super party. once youve had ur first game with them youl know how good/bad they are
Message 19 of 51 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 28, 2013
i play as a lonewolf 99% of the time. i dont understand why ppl party up everytime they play and utterly dominate every match. wheres the fun there when theres no challenge?
Message 20 of 51 (317 Views)
0 Likes