Last Guardian
11295 posts

Re: The pre-lobby quitting is out of control.

May 28, 2013
Not really, not many people know about this trick. Sure, i see it happening here and there but it's not like when the game came out. Back then it was like a disease...
Message 21 of 51 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
@Zidane I can agree with tournament stats. I mean, duh, that's what a tournament is FOR.
Stats everywhere, no. I didn't play a game just so some **bleep** with an overinflated ego rubs his stats on my face. I don't care if you play with this and that, or you beat this and that. Tell it to someone who cares.

As for parties, most if not all MP games are built for social stuff. Parties are also social stuff.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 22 of 51 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2359 posts

May 28, 2013
If there were no stat cards or leaderboards, there would also be less parties, don't get me wrong, you'd still end up facing some, but not the type that are annoying as hell.

There's two types of parties, the type that parties up with fun, unquie players for a really entertaining experience. Then there's the type that go after the KDR/WLR **bleep** and use every exploit, gun of the month and cheap tactic they can get a hold of. Both will usually win, but the first can still be fun to face when lonewolfing.
Pepsi
Message 23 of 51 (679 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

May 28, 2013
this trick is useful in coop

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 24 of 51 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

May 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Blood "challenge" isn't having a 5-minute noobstomp at the recieving end. That's no challenge. There's no challenge whatsoever, because they're getting dominated anyway. Just because the other team wants a free win the losing team will stay.

As for stats, that's not true. IIRC the 007 game doesn't have stats. They don't make the MP world go round, it only encourages being huge knobs (which all of us in the forum generally are, myself too). If you wanted to show how much of a good player you are, then show it DURING the game, not before.

I've said that removing stats fixes only half the quitting problem. I was going to suggest a quit penalty but the game has a lot of bugs (eg getting kicked out for no reason) and that most people do have lives to tend to (eg real life called).

I did not necessarily mean a noobstomp, I meant when both teams seem to have decent players and one side just leaves. Noob stomping occurs since the matchmaking is broken but when players leave just because there is another 1 or 2 good players on the other side then that is just cheap.

Also if all stats and leaderboards were removed altogether, would there even be a reason to play competitive anymore? Hell im sure Coop players that have over 1000 crushings would like to show that off.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 25 of 51 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

May 28, 2013
blood@:

i dont understand your last sentence Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 51 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

May 28, 2013

bunshing wrote:
blood@:

i dont understand your last sentence Smiley Sad

What I ment to say is, there are players that have worked hard to obtain their coop stats, it wont be too fair to just take that away no would it?

Message 27 of 51 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

May 28, 2013
ah ok

yea. I'll loose my 2439 crunshing? no, i really dont want

my friend kit has over 4500, imagine him if it happens Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 51 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 28, 2013
@Blood then what exactly do you propose to solve quitting? We can't do quit penalties because of the reasons I've already stated, and you don't agree to stat removal.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 29 of 51 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

May 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Blood then what exactly do you propose to solve quitting? We can't do quit penalties because of the reasons I've already stated, and you don't agree to stat removal.

The only thing I can think of is something similar to what Black Ops 2 does. Repeated leaving of matches (You must actually click leave game not just get connection errors etc) will put you on probation. On probation you are unable to play games for a set amount of time.

I guess if someone was to leave 5-10 matches then they should be put on probation, just to limit quitting a little bit.

Message 30 of 51 (312 Views)
0 Likes