Aug 07 2012
By: EnnTea Sackboy 551 posts
Accepted Solution

The "the Team Objective fix sucks and so does the aim mode" thread.

[ Edited ]
21 replies 689 views Edited Aug 8, 2012

A little bit of shock, mixed with a little bit of outrage, mixed with a whoooooole lot of disappointment.

By the way, that first line makes a lot more sense if you look at what the old title was.

Naughty Dog, of every third person shooter on the market, your game has the worst third person aiming mode by a wide margin. Why hasn't this been fixed yet? All you have to do is add an option so that the camera no longer defaults to the right shoulder every time you enter aim mode. As far as fixes go, that should be about as easy as it gets.

But I've been **bleep** about this for over a year, and they've been too incompet.....uh, busy, to fix it the entire time. What I really, really, really don't understand is why ND actually went through with Team Objective "fix" that literally nobody likes. Deathmatch is NOT an objective game mode. It isn't. Neither is marked man, but I'll let that one slide. Why in the world would a non objective game mode be included in a game called Team Objective? Worse yet, why would it be the tie breaker in a game called Team Objective?

If your goal is to see which team is better at objective game modes, I can guarantee you that playing Deathmatch is not the way to do it. That'd be like if they played basketball games for the MLB playoffs. But it gets worse. One minute? I've had sex that's lasted longer than that. What the hell are you doing, ND? One minute does not give a round of deathmatch a long enough time to stabilize and it just turns into whoever got a lucky kill or two based on health and position at the start of the round. That's our new tie breaker for team objective. 

Message 1 of 22 (689 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

Re: This must be what gay people felt when they saw the lines at Chik Fil A

Aug 7, 2012

I like your idea about the shoulder switching thing, maybe one day ND will address that.

As far as the Team Obj thing goes, maybe ND, for whatever reason, is unable to create new objectives for the mode and add them in. Moving TDM to round 5 may have been the best they could do with the mode, even though I agree with you that it should be taken out.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 2 of 22 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4857 posts

Aug 7, 2012

harrisj16 wrote:

I like your idea about the shoulder switching thing, maybe one day ND will address that.

He's been complaining about the issue since the Subway beta. In October of 2011 to be precise.

It's just so low on the priority list because ... well people just don't care about it enough.

Message 3 of 22 (634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2012

EnnTea wrote:

One minute? I've had sex that's lasted longer than that. 

Too easy.

Nonetheless, I can understand your frustrations.

Critique =/= Hate
Message 4 of 22 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Aug 7, 2012

tack129 wrote:

harrisj16 wrote:

He's been complaining about the issue since the Subway beta. In October of 2011 to be precise.

It's just so low on the priority list because ... well people just don't care about it enough.

Since June of 2011, actually.

Just because people don't know what's best for them doesn't mean you shouldn't fix an obvious mistake.

Message 5 of 22 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Aug 7, 2012
I find the title of this thread ironic, given your... affectionate nickname for monkeybutler100.
Message 6 of 22 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Aug 7, 2012

Wait a sec, did they have your idea of shoulder switching on UC2? I can't remember....

Message 7 of 22 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Aug 8, 2012
I can't believe they edited the topic title. That was the wittiest thing that anybody has ever posted on this forum :[
Message 8 of 22 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Aug 8, 2012

IchigoKurimu wrote:

Wait a sec, did they have your idea of shoulder switching on UC2? I can't remember....

They tried to implement a system that automatically selected the left or right shoulder for you.

They're over thinking it. When you make a manual change to your aim, that change should remain until you change it back. Under no circumstance should the game change my shoulder from left to right for me, and that's what it does right now every single time.

Message 9 of 22 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Aug 8, 2012

EnnTea wrote:

IchigoKurimu wrote:

They tried to implement a system that automatically selected the left or right shoulder for you.

They're over thinking it. When you make a manual change to your aim, that change should remain until you change it back. Under no circumstance should the game change my shoulder from left to right for me, and that's what it does right now every single time.

Although, if you had that, when you're standing in cover behind a wall and you press L1, wouldn't you be aiming at the wall your standing against if that's the last shoulder you aimed with?

Message 10 of 22 (472 Views)
0 Likes