Sackboy
593 posts

Re: This must be what gay people felt when they saw the lines at Chik Fil A

Aug 8, 2012
You would be, yeah. Which is why you set your aim before you ever even think about shooting.

You might think that this is a bad thing, because now you have to remember which shoulder you're aiming over, but it's really not. First off, it takes a quick tap of the L1 button to find out which shoulder you're aiming over. Second, the alternative is that every single area where you need to aim over your left shoulder is off limits because there's no way to permanently set it to the left.
Message 11 of 22 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2230 posts

Re: Issues that need a fix

Aug 8, 2012

i agree with you on all points. Im playing MGS4 now and it has a TON of options. Camera speed, remembering shoulder, ect, ect. Uncharted lags way behind in "shooter" options,

And yes, TDM in Round 5...my god.  I hate Multi Marked Man too. TO was obviously RUSHED (no surprise, as the rest of the game was), all of NDs love went into TDM. and now DM modes have tourneys, and TO and Plunder dont. What a joke.

I do think this patch is excellent though, but i have little interest in this game. they just keep stringing us along. gets old

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 12 of 22 (250 Views)
Sackboy
593 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2012

I think ND has severe management problems, but you're right, this patch seems like it was a success. So good job to them on that.

You're right about MGS4, too. That's the game I used to play online, and that game had third person shooting done just about perfectly. So if anybody who doesn't think the shoulder default is a big deal wants to go play MGS4, compare the shooting mechanics to UC3, and then come back here and say it isn't a big deal, I'd be quite interested in that. MGS4 is much smoother.

You know what the difference between MGS4's aiming system and UC3's aiming system is? MGS4 has a few more options, and when you enter aim mode, the camera goes to whatever shoulder you were aiming over last. In UC3 the camera goes to the right shoulder every single time when you enter aim mode no matter what and you've got pretty much no tweaking options. That's all! So if MGS4/MGO is much better (shooting mechanics wise), and that's the only difference, then maybe, juuuuuust maaaaaaaaaybe it really is a big deal.

God dammit I hate being so right and still being ignored by ND. Smiley Indifferent

As for the team objective, it's just a bad mode in it's current state. And that sucks, because minus DM and Marked man it's my favorite mode. I wish they could insert a mini plunder and an elimination in their place. That plus a fixed aiming mode would get me to play this game. Not paid customization options and new characters.

I'm stoned and rambling, sorry about that.

Message 13 of 22 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Aug 8, 2012

Actually no, because ND has terrible management and they'd do something stupid like not having you respawn at the beginning of the elimination and it would totally ruin it and then I'd be mad at them again.

Message 14 of 22 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Aug 8, 2012
That or they'd release the aim mode fix for a cost. I can see the ad already.

"Wanna play with an aim mode that isn't a **bleep**ed up pile of **bleep**? For just $4.99, you can!"

Smiley Indifferent

Yes, this was a cheap bump
Message 15 of 22 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Re: The "the Team Objective fix sucks and so does the aim mode" thread.

Aug 8, 2012

EnnTea wrote:

One minute? I've had sex that's lasted longer than that.

Kudos for getting me to laugh.

=First in the world to 100% Fat Princess=

Message 16 of 22 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Aug 8, 2012

EnnTea wrote:

"Wanna play with an aim mode that isn't a **bleep**ed up pile of **bleep**? For just $4.99, you can!"

Smiley Indifferent

Why would they even want to listen to someone who has been such a **bleep** about the whole thing? You have already been told no and have just been a whiny little snot about the whole thing. Give it up!

Message 17 of 22 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Aug 8, 2012

UrWrongImWhite wrote:

EnnTea wrote:

Smiley Indifferent

Why would they even want to listen to someone who has been such a **bleep** about the whole thing?

Because they're in the business of making shooting games, they're doing it wrong, and I'm telling them how to do it right.

Message 18 of 22 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2230 posts

Aug 8, 2012
EnnTea:

I'm stoned and rambling, sorry about that.

You seem like my kind of guy.

I dont know what else to say, besides ND obviously doesnt think "shooter" options are a big deal, even though every other game does. And its because of NDs lack of interest in such options, that this community has little interest in such options. Its like a "you dont miss what you've never had" type situation.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 19 of 22 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 11, 2012

Cheap bump yay =o

P.S. "You don't miss what you've never had" is exactly the reason why this community doesn't realize how stupid UC3's aim mode is. :/

Message 20 of 22 (142 Views)
0 Likes