Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: The real reason NaughtyDog is not saying anything about an upcoming Patch

Mar 8, 2013
But you can be a company and look out for the fans and actually respond to some of the issues that the fans have problems with.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 11 of 36 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 8, 2013

They don't even play their own game and that says a lot about how much they "care".

I'd love to invite a ND dev to my party and let him see by himself how often do we experience technical issues (party splits, no XP/cash glitch, random disconnections). He could even use a PS3 dev kit and check the debug output to figure out which code section needs bug fixes.

But they already got our money, so they don't have any incentive to care... that's why I have advised my friends to rent TLOU. The only power that consumers have in democracy/capitalism is their vote/wallet. So, vote with your dollar/euro/pound/yen wisely!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 36 (352 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Peso?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 13 of 36 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

I have to admit...

Tomb Raider... despite not being all that, it sure does have better balance less bugs, shame about the gameplay...

Still.. Even though it's not better from a gameplay point of view. The non issues and balancing cancel that out and make it better.

I'd rather be on that than Uncharted.

Well done ND, you finally lost one customer.

Message 14 of 36 (271 Views)
Sackboy
504 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 9, 2013

I too am disturbed by their complete silence. A buddy of mine said to me: at this point they've finished with screwing us over, and now they just wanted to get an entire new pool of players to con. He's pretty on point, since F2P came out they haven't fixed any of the issues that were present then and have popped up since. For instance the Dead Body Glitch, even though they said was fixed, is actually not fixed at all. I ran into it a couple of times this week.

The tournament system proves their devotion to this game stopped being about caring for the community some time ago. I'm sure they've lost quite a few potential customers for TLoU, and rightly so.

Cutter
Message 15 of 36 (256 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I have to admit...

Tomb Raider... despite not being all that, it sure does have better balance less bugs, shame about the gameplay...

Still.. Even though it's not better from a gameplay point of view. The non issues and balancing cancel that out and make it better.

So you'd rather have bad gameplay and good balance with no lag than good gameplay with lag and bad balancing?

I dont get it...

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 16 of 36 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I honestly think we've come to a point that these technical issues with the game can't be fixed, at least not with recoding a big portion of the game.  There's no way to fix lag issues (which seems to be a lot less), random disconnects, party splits etc.  It seems like the game engine was flawed from the begining and the only way they could fix these problems is to rebuild the core.

Just my opinion.  I'm happy with the game even though it's just a casual MP

Message 17 of 36 (230 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I have to admit...

So you'd rather have bad gameplay and good balance with no lag than good gameplay with lag and bad balancing?

I dont get it...

I'd rather have a game that doesn't make me wait 40 minutes to get a match,

I'd rather a game that doesn't make me feel like I'm being robbed of kills continuously

I'd rather a game that doesn't continuously get on my nerves due to how poorly it's been handled.

I didn't say the gameplay was particularly bad either. it's just not on the same fluid level as Uncharted. Small price to pay though, Tomb Raider can still be fixed, ND will never fix Uncharted. Ever. Even if they don't fix it,

I'd prefer balance and something where my skills feel like they are rewarded rather than feeling like I should be throwing my PS3 from the stairs due to how badly I'm getting robbed of what I deserve, Thats Uncharted 3

Plus, as for the lag, Uncharted 3's lag is game breaking. No.. Wait. It's game ending. It's just completely unplayable at times.

Anyway I'll move along.

You'll just get a new tournament tier brought to you by the same money hungry greedy people.

Message 18 of 36 (229 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Mar 9, 2013
How's Tomb Raider singleplayer? Honestly no matter how good multiplayer is, if the singleplayer sucks, I'm not buying it.

I mean, look at CoD. Do they even do anything new?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 19 of 36 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1263 posts

Mar 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
How's Tomb Raider singleplayer? Honestly no matter how good multiplayer is, if the singleplayer sucks, I'm not buying it.

I mean, look at CoD. Do they even do anything new?

I've heard the Single Player is quite good, but the MP is a bit bland.

Message 20 of 36 (201 Views)
0 Likes