This widget could not be displayed.

Re: The yes and nos of uncharted 4

Dec 14, 2013
I kinda like custom skins, you know. It makes me unique. That's also one of the reasons I like GTA.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 11 of 32 (324 Views)
0 Likes

Dec 14, 2013
They make the game less cinematic for me, even though the game hasn't been very cinematic since the Summer Beta.

That said, it doesn't help that they have no hair, I always remember the intros and seeing a bunch of bald guys, I found it hilariously disturbing. Cancer patients? Skin heads? Creepy cult from the future?

I can see how it works in GTA V, you kinda become your character (or place yourself into the GTA world if you based them on your appearance), but I personally don't like this in Uncharted, Drake and the gang don't seem to be the type of people who would say "Hey random strangers, come help us find treasure and kill some bad guys.", so placing myself into the Uncharted universe would feel, really cheesy.

Whatever the case, I'd just prefer characters from the single player. It was rare for me to run into another UDF Elena, Roman or Winter Sully in UC2, so I found them to be pretty unique, and these days there's customization too (even though I kinda suggested they should do away with it, but I'm just sick of half-assed skins).
Pepsi
Message 12 of 32 (319 Views)
0 Likes

Dec 14, 2013

SjShane wrote:
They make the game less cinematic for me, even though the game hasn't been very cinematic since the Summer Beta.

That said, it doesn't help that they have no hair, I always remember the intros and seeing a bunch of bald guys, I found it hilariously disturbing. Cancer patients? Skin heads? Creepy cult from the future?

I can see how it works in GTA V, you kinda become your character (or place yourself into the GTA world if you based them on your appearance), but I personally don't like this in Uncharted, Drake and the gang don't seem to be the type of people who would say "Hey random strangers, come help us find treasure and kill some bad guys.", so placing myself into the Uncharted universe would feel, really cheesy.

Whatever the case, I'd just prefer characters from the single player. It was rare for me to run into another UDF Elena, Roman or Winter Sully in UC2, so I found them to be pretty unique, and these days there's customization too (even though I kinda suggested they should do away with it, but I'm just sick of half-assed skins).

They should keep the Custom Skins, but as you've said, they need to go full-out on them. We should have complete customization control, everything from gender to socks. I'm a huge fan of customization, so I would be extremely disappointed if these characters are removed.

Message 13 of 32 (311 Views)
0 Likes

Dec 14, 2013
More customization for them, yeah. I want that, definitely. GTA uses haircuts too, there's that.

That said, I still think having just the main characters is bland. I don't care if your team is Sully UDF, Sully UC2, Winter Sully, Sully UC3 and Young Sully. They're different in small details but that is just an all-Sully team, and definitely not that unique.

Also, I really don't see how close Dante or Charlie is to Nate. Do they just list everyone as an "old friend"? My custom character is an "old friend", then.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 14 of 32 (306 Views)
0 Likes

Dec 14, 2013

If they are going to keep Fleet Foot.. It needs to be way better balanced either by creating boosters with equal abilities or by nerfing it to the level of the other boosters.

Believe it or not... Fleet Foot isn't on my most not wanted list for Uncharted 4.

Powerplays are on that list...Alone.

Giving people advantages for losing should never ever happen in any game. These kind of concepts are why kids grow up wanting a free easy life.

Message 15 of 32 (299 Views)

Dec 14, 2013
U4 = U2 + U3 climbing mechanics.

Message 16 of 32 (302 Views)
0 Likes

Dec 14, 2013

renatabls wrote:
U4 = U2 + U3 climbing mechanics.

you're joking right? U3 climbing mechanics were horrible, not to mention the delay when you want to aim your pistol while hanging, it's horrible...

Message 17 of 32 (293 Views)

Dec 14, 2013
Most importantly, keep the raffica in the game. Heh
Message 18 of 32 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Dec 14, 2013

To be removed - iBiZa_TwisT. xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 19 of 32 (287 Views)

Dec 14, 2013

anyway, I'm in the mood for making a big list:

YES:

- Uncharted TV (although improve it by making a menu in the settings that I can choose to watch friends uploaded cinema clips instead of community clips)

- Missions (I like missions, although there is sadly no reward for doing them and the countdown clock is ticking when sitting in the lobby, which is stupid, so fix that first, also make the missions more interesting, not just 'win 3 plunder matches', make unique challenges that are fun to do)

- Buddy system (best feature implemented in Uncharted 3's MP, I love the buddy system, the high five needs to be fixed though, it doesn't work when you are standing on slightly higher ground as your buddy, and there is an annoying delay, which was implemented in a patch to combat the airwalk glitch, and guess what, that didn't solve it, so you might as well reverse that patch decision, buddy boosters are great, especially stealth buddy, respawning on buddy is cool too, but it's annoying when an opponent can spawn on his buddy while I'm fighting him, so fix that please)

- Treasure system (although it needs to be improved a lot, make sure hardly any luck is involved, and if you ask me, you can combine the treasure system perfectly with the mission system, make treasures a reward for completing certain challenges, then you have removed the luck, and added a reason to do missions)

- Booster leveling (I think leveling boosters is great, however, what needs fixing, is that players should not be able to play objectives modes to level boosters, players should always play for the objective)

- Coop star (I think you should do more things like that, in Uncharted 2 you got a skin for getting the platinum trophy, it's cool to show off some accomplishments you've achieved in the game via a new skin or in this case, the coop star, I think it's great)

NO:

- Power plays (they are just stupid, skill should be rewarded, and when you are just not good enough you need to get better, what satisfaction is there to be had when the game is helping you to do better, nothing if you ask me)

- Loadouts (Uncharted should be about exploration, you should scavenge the area for better weapons, this will combat camping, because you have to get out there for better weapons, make sure the weapons don't always appear on the same spot and after the same time, to prevent teams to guard an area where the power weapons will respawn)

- Late join (late join is a horrible feature, I'm sick of at the start playing against 5 opponents and at the end of the match against 5 complete different opponents because the whole team quitted, people should be punished for quitting, when you quit, the kills and deaths you got during that match should be added to your statistics, you should get a loss, you should get a quit on your stat card, and you should get a cash penalty, also a time penalty just like in Uncharted 2, quitting should be punished at all times, when I go play a game of chess against my brother I'm not going to say 'you're to good, I'm going to ragequit, see ya...', that's very annoying for your opponent, so quitting should be punished, also if you quit before the match starts, for instance when you come across high levels and you decide to sign out via XMB, that should be punished as well)

- Copied maps from the story (copying maps straight from the story result in bad maps, look at Desert Village, Syria and Chateau, that said, the map design in Uncharted 3's MP is even without being to copied bad, because Airstrip, London Underground, City of Brass aren't exactly good maps either, only Yemen is a great map)

- Offensive or magic kickbacks (no offensive kickbacks like power weapons or quick boom, and no magic smoke bomb or juggernout, or transforming into spiders, I think smoke bomb is ok, if you get to throw a real smoke bomb on the ground, and then are able to run away or shoot back, but magically spawning somewhere else is **bleep**, and I think a real smoke bomb can have a tactical advantage as well, for instance throwing it near your own treasure chest in plunder so that the treasure carrier can safely walk to the chest instead of being attacked by campers all the time, juggernout can for instance be a bullet proof vest, but then you are still vulnerable for headshots, and that is ok, just decrease the required medal count for it a bit)

- Nothing that let you see through walls or avoid being seen through walls (so no call out, no disruption, no cloacked, no gotcha, no ping, no for my buddy, no whatever form of of situational awareness I forgot...)

- Grenade throwbacks (it's to easy and it destroys the purpose of grenades, perhaps turn it into a booster, but I rather see it removed entirely)

- Mods (mods create balance issues, and do nothing to make the gameplay more interesting, so remove all the mods, if they really are to stay, then at least remove mods that make you kill faster or easier, so accuracy and rate of fire should be removed at least)

- Paid boosters (they give a to big advantage to players that have a lot of cash, while I think a system on which you can spend your cash on is a good idea, paid boosters is not, instead let people spend their cash on the missions)

- Legacy system (it's a stupid rip-off of the prestige system, and I fail to see the purpose of it, losing everything you've accomplished is annoying, so remove it completely...)

- Tournament system (I don't really have to explain this, do I, anyway, it should be removed because it adds nothing to the game, the rewards are stupid, it uses the pay to win system, and it's just broken, so get rid of it)

- Paid DLC maps (at first I thought this was impossible, so I was against it, but now that Guerilla Games can pull off free DLC maps in Killzone Shadow Fall, I think Naughty Dog should do that as well)

- Proximity chat and no option to watch the area or opponent's camera (I think that's annoying, especially when I'm about to make a stealthkill and my opponent can hear my headset when I'm close, that should be fixed, you should only be able to hear opponents or being able to talk to opponents when you're dead, also you shouldn't be able to watch where you're opponents are or default camera placements in each map when you're dead, this is especially annoying in elimination where some players contact other teammates via skype and then tell where the opponents are in the map)

Delay when aiming while hanging (traversal should be an important aspect of Uncharted, that's what makes this multiplayer unique, so make sure people make use of it, by improving map design and make sure the climbing works, and it doesn't work good in Uncharted 3 sadly)

Offensive boosters (no fleet foot, no revenge, no beast mode because even that is unfair, you are pretty much forced to use it in plunder, and other offensive boosters I forgot)

- Stats on hats (it's basically pay to win, even though the stats don't do much)

- Customization that doesn't fit in the Uncharted universe (I'm sick of all those horrible circus inspired head items, and I hope they don't make a return in the next Uncharted, also no skins like spyder or skeletons, Djinn, Marco Polo, Ghengis Khan, and others, I have nothing against microtransactions, but at least make quality customization items, and not only hats...)

Online splitscreen (it makes matchmaking harder, so limit it to custom games and coop)

- Sprint (it's unnecessary and it's only in the game to cover up for the bad map design, again Uncharted should be about traversal, not sprint around the map)

Leaderboards and stat cards (players should play for fun, not to brag about a kill/death-ratio, players should be rewarded for playing as a team, so if you are to make leaderboards, make a system that can check how well you play in a team, that's what Uncharted is about, and for those kill/death-ratio freaks, you can still make that for Free-4-All, that mode is meant to be for people that want to show off how good they are at playing alone)

*I probably forgot a lot, but this is it for now Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 32 (283 Views)