Nov 02 2013
By: mat1995ps Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

They really did something to the G-MAL...

22 replies 709 views Edited Nov 2, 2013

Hi.First of all , i´m not going to complain about the recoil,they changed the recoil for the greater good.My point here is that they changed something about sensivity or Aim Assist.When i´m scoped and there is a mid-close target( i´m not saying extremely close ones that you can blindfire),the AA will be so strong that i can´t aim at them and if the target starts strafing i´m really dead because the AA will be soooo strong that i can´t scroll my aiming.

I´m sure that G-MAL 1.17 was smoother when scoped in(in terms of AA and sensivity).I still remember that i ALWAYS was scoped to kill someone(i have to agree that extremely close situations sometimes i wasn´t able to aim but all of the other ranges worked fine ).I know there´s a limit to scope in because if you scope too close it is really worse than not scoping but like i said,a MID- close range is really very hard to aim now.They changed the recoil for better but i can´t even scroll the aim now due to the extreme AA.I´ve tried changing sensivity but it is the same thing, i still won´t scroll my aiming(when changing sensivity appears that AA is gone) in mid-close targets(scoped in).G-MAL is intended to be mid-long-very long ranges but i didn´t have any problem aiming in close or mid close ranges.Extremely close targets i have to say that it was worse to aim the G-MAL(scoping in ).This is all about scoped in, i´m a G-MAL user a for a long time and i really know the gun strong and weak points and i also know the limit to scope in.Like i said this is all about scoped in.I´m very used to the gun.

What do you guys think? Thanks

Message 1 of 23 (709 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Re: They really did something to the G-MAL...

Nov 2, 2013

If only we had the option to turn off AA like in BF3. 

Message 2 of 23 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Nov 2, 2013

This would make it harder.I´ve tried more matches with higher sensivities but it´s the same bad AA.Yes the gun is really dead now Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 23 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Is it dead? I'm constantly finding everyone now using it- maybe I've got tunnel vision, I'm understanding that what you're implying is that it's actually not fun for you anymore. Seems like a lot of people are having fun with it moreso. I personally just don't really have fun with it. I think the FAL is much more fun, challenging and rewarding than the G-MAL overall, basically making the weapon not worth the trouble, but I get why people like it. It's really sticky (always through its life) and you can spray bullets downfield incredibly far! It's an excellent support weapon not dissimilar to the FAL.
Message 4 of 23 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Recoil was the only thing touched on the G-MAL in 1.18.

Message 5 of 23 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Nov 8, 2013
I find the AK the most effective weapon before and after the latest patch.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 6 of 23 (494 Views)
Fender Bender
3243 posts

Nov 8, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I find the AK the most effective weapon before and after the latest patch.
I share the same sentiment & I use the E3 AK & I find the gun to be great without the accuracy mod, I just love watching the M9 blindfire rushers slow to a crawl as they try to steam roll me.
Also I must say i've found a new liking for the FAL before the patch I couldn't use it, now I can actually hold my own with it.
Message 7 of 23 (484 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I don't know why.. I've actually played a lot with the AK tonight and steamrolled M9 users. AWESOME!

I love how the AK is equal to the M9 now and not totally outclassed. Maybe it's just me making up for how bad it is or maybe it is really a more level playing field now.

The G-MAL is so balanced that it's unreal. That thing is in the perfect sweet spot now.

Message 8 of 23 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Nov 8, 2013

i really don't notice a difference with the current g-mal, maybe it's just because i haven't played that much uncharted lately (playing ac4 now), but the only thing i've noticed is more people using it ... is it just a mind game? ND said that it's better now, then people start to jump the bandwagon? i wouldn't say that my average game has increased or changed at all from before the patch o.O

Message 9 of 23 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Nov 8, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

i really don't notice a difference with the current g-mal, maybe it's just because i haven't played that much uncharted lately (playing ac4 now), but the only thing i've noticed is more people using it ... is it just a mind game? ND said that it's better now, then people start to jump the bandwagon? i wouldn't say that my average game has increased or changed at all from before the patch o.O

It isn't a mind game. I used it a lot previously too and did really badly. the FAL-SS is in the same boat. I did really badly with that previously.

The AK is kind of a mind game. It's not improved but other things around it got worse or better.

My average game hasn't changed either. Well my scores haven't improved. But my weapon choices have changed. I was exclusively M9 using before. Now I wont use it. AK/FAL/G-MAL

Message 10 of 23 (458 Views)
0 Likes