Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10073 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013
If we're removing the Dragon, remove the M9 to balance guns.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 61 of 107 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
4825 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Personally I would remove the Dragon Sniper from loadouts, buff it up and make it a power weapon on select maps.

 

Although it stems from a "I don't want power weapons as loadout weapons" philosophy since I want power weapons to be ... well power weapons.

 

Also very off-topic from lag switching. Doesn't matter which weapon they use. They will still effectively do it.

Message 62 of 107 (266 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

buff the Dragon? What does it need? If anything, this is like the only gun in the whole game that was perfectly balanced upon release date.

 

The solution being presented about removing the dragon is crazy. You are basically removing a tool, instead of the actual problem.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 63 of 107 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10073 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

tack129 wrote:

Personally I would remove the Dragon Sniper from loadouts, buff it up and make it a power weapon on select maps.

 

Although it stems from a "I don't want power weapons as loadout weapons" philosophy since I want power weapons to be ... well power weapons.

 

Also very off-topic from lag switching. Doesn't matter which weapon they use. They will still effectively do it.


So then it kills the T-Bolt?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 64 of 107 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
4825 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

buff the Dragon? What does it need? If anything, this is like the only gun in the whole game that was perfectly balanced upon release date.

 

The solution being presented about removing the dragon is crazy. You are basically removing a tool, instead of the actual problem.


Of course it isn't the solution but I would have much rather prefer it to be a power weapon than a loadout weapon. Heck I would consider it a buff if they make the aimming similar to UC2 where you don't end up bringing the scope of the gun but rather the small reticle when you press L1. To go into scope you press L3 and so on. Damage could stay the same or be slightly increased.

This is of course an idea if they do a UC4. Personally I think it's too late to suggest things such as this for UC3 as the teams will want to focus on TLoU, labs and maybe their PS4 project.

 

If anything the solution should be a way to report cheating incidents such as this directly to PSN. At the moment you have to do that through in-game reporting systems which doesn't serve direct consequences towards the offending. Years ago there used to be a way to do such a thing but that is now gone (as far as I'm aware)

There should be a way to report people such as either a website or a report feature on PSN. For website you could specify which game and you could even submit evidence such as a youtube video or some other form, even a picture would be ok.

Message 65 of 107 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13430 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

tack129 wrote:

Personally I would remove the Dragon Sniper from loadouts, buff it up and make it a power weapon on select maps.

 

Although it stems from a "I don't want power weapons as loadout weapons" philosophy since I want power weapons to be ... well power weapons.

 

Also very off-topic from lag switching. Doesn't matter which weapon they use. They will still effectively do it.


I totally agree with this, but the effective part, I've seen people using G-MAL's and FAL-SS's while lagswitching and getting removed from games because they have to delay the lag even further to get the kill.

 

It could become an issue with the KAL and M9 though. Those two weapons still kill faster than the others,

 

The Dragon doesn't have to be better than the T-BOLT, you could simply remove scope, Go back to how it was in U2 but still keep the current damage model it has, this makes the T-BOLT a better choice for those wanting cheap easy kills and the Dragon a choice for those not wanting that horrible scope it has.



Message 66 of 107 (198 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

Dragon's fine, don't know how this became a discussion attacking the weapon since it clearly isn't the problem... it is good for letting people snipe whenever they want instead of having to race for it in the map with someone else and ultimately losing it by either running out of ammo or dying, having it in your loadout lets you play that way the whole time. Still don't see how bad lagswitching is in this game since I barely see people do it in the first place. And I played MGO so I know how bad it can get...this game is nothing like that.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 67 of 107 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13430 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Dragon's fine, don't know how this became a discussion attacking the weapon since it clearly isn't the problem... it is good for letting people snipe whenever they want instead of having to race for it in the map with someone else and ultimately losing it by either running out of ammo or dying, having it in your loadout lets you play that way the whole time. Still don't see how bad lagswitching is in this game since I barely see people do it in the first place. And I played MGO so I know how bad it can get...this game is nothing like that.


The game is different for everyone, we don't all get matched to the same people.

 

I happen to have a pool full of lagswitchers in about a 1 in 20 ratio of players.



Message 68 of 107 (189 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5878 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Dragon's fine, don't know how this became a discussion attacking the weapon since it clearly isn't the problem... it is good for letting people snipe whenever they want instead of having to race for it in the map with someone else and ultimately losing it by either running out of ammo or dying, having it in your loadout lets you play that way the whole time. Still don't see how bad lagswitching is in this game since I barely see people do it in the first place. And I played MGO so I know how bad it can get...this game is nothing like that.


The game is different for everyone, we don't all get matched to the same people.

 

I happen to have a pool full of lagswitchers in about a 1 in 20 ratio of players.


and that's unfortunate, ND should try coming with a solution for that, if possible, instead of punishing everybody in the game by removing a gun.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 69 of 107 (177 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

Removing the Dragon Sniper would be a shame since it's the weapon that requires the most skill to use (I suck with it).

Message 70 of 107 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes