Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

Honestly, you guys don't have to worry about the Dragon being removed considering that ND won't do anything such as this. I merely made the suggestion to turn the dragon sniper into a power weapon as an idea for UC4 as I rather there not be any snipers, shotguns, pistoles, MAG-5/Desert Eagle like weapons a weapon loadout choice.

Heck if anything, add a G-MAL AND a FAL as semi-auto guns as well as make the KAL-7 the same quality as the KAL-7 in the Single Player. Heck even add the WWII weapons from UC1 and UC2 such as the machine gun and the pistol.

If anything my other idea should be viewed as an alternative. To be able to submit reports to PSN with regards to cheating whether it's via a website or via PSN itself. If via a website you could be able to submit evidence that the person was cheating. Why aren't we pushing this instead of arguing over a dragon sniper.

Message 81 of 107 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

This whole removing of the Dragon argument is stupid.

It's a vital weapon in the game and one of, if not the most balanced weapon in the game why punish the entire community AGAIN because of a few no life stats freak.

Personally without the Dragon Co-op would get destroyed & that's my main mode to play with friends.

ND should simply if possible find a way to kick the cheater from the games for the drop in their internet data.

If they can't do that they need to start banning their consoles for 3 months & set up a  proper report infastructure for their game.

No one said anything about removing it from co-op.

But balanced? One shot headshot kill? No other weapon has that capacity from the loadout. Far from balanced. It's the most unbalanced thing in the game, If it is the most balanced then every other weapon is unbalanced and should be brought up to par with it.

If it was vital you'd see more of them, the majority wont agree that it's needed.

The last thing is even sillier than removing it, Banning people. even though would be the best solution is not financially viable for Sony. You ban all the cheaters consoles and then they can't buy from PSN. It impacts Sony heavily.

umm if someone get shot in the head from a sniper they should die, the gun is balanced in my opinion it takes skill to use so it's not like anyone can pick it up abuse it, the weapon also put the player using it at a disadvantage.

UC3 weapons loadout is already lacking in variety losing the dragon would just make this game turrn into a bigger blindfire mess, it would also severly ruin Maps like Museum, Yemen, Highrise, City of Brass for example.

i'm sure all the cheaters don't make up even 1% off the PS3 community.

Agreed, if you can earn a headshot with a dragon than you deserve a kill. If the dragon had this one hit kill removed from it then no one would use it. The ability it get a one shot kill to the head is perhaps the dragons biggest strength.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 82 of 107 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13430 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

It's a vital weapon in the game and one of, if not the most balanced weapon in the game why punish the entire community AGAIN because of a few no life stats freak.

Personally without the Dragon Co-op would get destroyed & that's my main mode to play with friends.

ND should simply if possible find a way to kick the cheater from the games for the drop in their internet data.

If they can't do that they need to start banning their consoles for 3 months & set up a  proper report infastructure for their game.

But balanced? One shot headshot kill? No other weapon has that capacity from the loadout. Far from balanced. It's the most unbalanced thing in the game, If it is the most balanced then every other weapon is unbalanced and should be brought up to par with it.

If it was vital you'd see more of them, the majority wont agree that it's needed.

The last thing is even sillier than removing it, Banning people. even though would be the best solution is not financially viable for Sony. You ban all the cheaters consoles and then they can't buy from PSN. It impacts Sony heavily.

umm if someone get shot in the head from a sniper they should die, the gun is balanced in my opinion it takes skill to use so it's not like anyone can pick it up abuse it, the weapon also put the player using it at a disadvantage.

UC3 weapons loadout is already lacking in variety losing the dragon would just make this game turrn into a bigger blindfire mess, it would also severly ruin Maps like Museum, Yemen, Highrise, City of Brass for example.

Agreed, if you can earn a headshot with a dragon than you deserve a kill. If the dragon had this one hit kill removed from it then no one would use it. The ability it get a one shot kill to the head is perhaps the dragons biggest strength.

I seriously cannot understand why people think it's okay to have one weapon that does that versus loads without that strength.

I'm going bald with the amount of hair I've pulled out when people point to a skill factor. It's the easiest weapon to use in the entire game barring the M9.

Either that or I'm awesome, I'm not going to kid myself, I'm not even good at the game which means either everyone here absolutely sucks horribly.. or your all trying to protect your precious weapon.

My only guess can be that we have a lot of dragon users on the board and ND have pandered to how they play the game. I seriously cannot for one second believe any of this is honesty. I don't believe the people here are bad players, I do believe you are protecting your weapon with excuses though.

There is no way that you cannot understand that one shot kill loadout vs 6 upwards for other weapons is a massive imbalance. Don't give me the difficulty thing. If I can do it easily, someone who is pretty bad at video games admittedly. Almost anyone can do it.

Anyway. I'm done here. I can't make people see sense. ND your choices are simple, listen to someone who knows video gaming inside out, or listen to people who only want whats best for them.

Up to you.

Message 83 of 107 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

I seriously cannot understand why people think it's okay to have one weapon that does that versus loads without that strength.

I'm going bald with the amount of hair I've pulled out when people point to a skill factor. It's the easiest weapon to use in the entire game barring the M9.

Either that or I'm awesome, I'm not going to kid myself, I'm not even good at the game which means either everyone here absolutely sucks horribly.. or your all trying to protect your precious weapon.

My only guess can be that we have a lot of dragon users on the board and ND have pandered to how they play the game. I seriously cannot for one second believe any of this is honesty. I don't believe the people here are bad players, I do believe you are protecting your weapon with excuses though.

There is no way that you cannot understand that one shot kill loadout vs 6 upwards for other weapons is a massive imbalance. Don't give me the difficulty thing. If I can do it easily, someone who is pretty bad at video games admittedly. Almost anyone can do it.

Anyway. I'm done here. I can't make people see sense. ND your choices are simple, listen to someone who knows video gaming inside out, or listen to people who only want whats best for them.

Up to you.

The dragon is not even my main weapon, I have seen what players do when something of their's is nerfed or removed, about 15 players on my friends list left Uncharted 3 when the G-Mal was nerfed. There are only a handful of people that use the Dragon as their main loadout weapon, do we really want to nerf or remove that from them? 

If the dragon was removed and these players still wanted to play Uncharted, they would most likely end up using the M9 which wont help the blindfire problem anymore.

The dragon is one of the few weapons that requires alot of skill from the user to be effective, yes it is only effective when aimed. Even though the dragon kills in one shot to the head how often does a player using a dragon actually get a headshot? I only seem to earn mine when they stand still.

Honestly, how often do you see a dragon user in a match? If everyone was using a dragon then I could see it being a problem but that gun might just be the least used weapon next to the Tau or Raffica (Sorry stunt!)

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 84 of 107 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Apr 10, 2013

It is the most balanced loadout gun in the game. Nobody cried for a nerf or buff for that gun ever outside of aim assist(which has to do with aim in general not the gun)

+best gun for long range

+capable of fastest kill time

+strongest gun

-worst gun for close range

-slowest RoF

-least amount of total ammo and smallest clip size

=effectiveness is completely determined on person's aim

Yes that is balance, idk how you can't see that. if it was truly unbalanced and OP, then why isn't everyone running around with it getting tons of kills? Mainly because they aren't good with it since it takes practice to use and even then it just isn't too good to use on a majority of the maps and using the Dragon puts you in a disadvantage more than an advantage, and unless you want to rely on your pistol for some fights, it will get you killed in a heads-on 1v1.

It's bullet damage isn't the only thing to be considered when thinking if the gun is balanced or not. There are plenty more variables to consider in this and this gun is literally the only one that wasn't tweaked since release. (I think the raffica too, but that still needs work)

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 85 of 107 (220 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Up to you.

Oh, I wonder who that person is...:smileyvery-happy:

I wanna see some of this amazing Dragon headsniping. I wanna see you go like 15-3 even on CQC-centric maps like Chateau and Desert Village using only the Dragon (nothing else counts, not even whipping out your pistol). You must get a minimum of  5 headshots per game! Playing against  a full lobby of F2P nubs won't suffice either!

So yes, I'm very curious to see how the Dragon is the easiest gun in the game. I must attain all the U3 knowledge I can. Unless your post was sarcastic...in this case, you got me good :smileytongue:

Message 86 of 107 (207 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Apr 11, 2013
This is BS. It's like you want the Dragon removed because you suck against people using it. You're also selfish, I'm admittedly selfish, and obviously everyone is selfish in some aspects, since if it didn't affect the person they obviously wouldn't care less about the change.

Also if it's the second easiest gun, how come the minority uses it? Because screw my logic?

Screw it. Remove the Dragon, fine. I'm out of this goddamned stubborn-as-hell argument. This game is going to hell either way, and people are REALLY trying hard to have everything I like about the game removed.

@tack it's possible to push anyway once Sony realizes that cheaters ruin sales for other people.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 87 of 107 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13430 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
This is BS. It's like you want the Dragon removed because you suck against people using it. You're also selfish, I'm admittedly selfish, and obviously everyone is selfish in some aspects, since if it didn't affect the person they obviously wouldn't care less about the change.

Also if it's the second easiest gun, how come the minority uses it? Because screw my logic?

Screw it. Remove the Dragon, fine. I'm out of this goddamned stubborn-as-hell argument. This game is going to hell either way, and people are REALLY trying hard to have everything I like about the game removed.

@tack it's possible to push anyway once Sony realizes that cheaters ruin sales for other people.

Actually. Keep the Dragon.

I've done fine without Uncharted for weeks. You need it more than I do.

You are about the only person around here I feel any sympathy for, Because ND shafted us by removing HC.

Ever since that I've played less and less until now it's about once a week, if that. Clearly you would appear to be playing more so the issue doesn't even effect me.

I'm selfish so I shouldn't care and actually despite wanting the best for the game.. It doesn't matter. I've moved on from it... I think I only just noticed I'm really waiting for TLoU and couldn't care less about Uncharted.

Okay, if they did fix the Dragon issues. Who cares? the M9 will run rampant, if they fix the M9 who cares? The KAL will run riot.. If they fix that it'll be all AK's.. and finally leading to that being killed and everyone will be back to the start.

It's broken, no matter what is fixed something else will be broken because the dev team simply have no idea what they are doing with multiplayers. I'm living in hope that TLoU is under a different MP dev team, the one that did Uncharted 3 are clueless. I've worked on game balance before and hell even that worked out better than Uncharted 3 did.

Anyway.. i feel your pain. The removal of HC actually ended my playtime mostly. The game is NOT balanced at all. If anyone denies this your lying. Hardcore felt like the indefinate way Uncharted 3 was balanced. That felt absolutely spot on. Anyone who actually does disagree with this has no idea about balance and should quit posting until they have worked in testing or development.

Did I like HC's health? No. Too high, Was it balanced? Yeah, weapons all felt virtually at a similar level, Hell people may crap all over 1.05 from Uncharted 2 but it was certainly balanced.

I was supposed to be done.. But I actually feel bad for you.. You have been shafted more than me. I got shafted once and more or less gave up. You continued, you need it more than I do.

Message 88 of 107 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Apr 11, 2013

^

the ak, kal, and dragon all have disadvantages, they won't run rampant anytime soon... With the M9 out of the picture(tweaked) people might actually start using different guns. The kal is only useful within like 20 ft, the ak cant handle blindfire battles or long range battles to well, and the dragon is really tricky to use. I don't see your logic where you are able to predict what's going to be overpowered and how the dragon is overpowered as well...

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 89 of 107 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Apr 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

^

the ak, kal, and dragon all have disadvantages, they won't run rampant anytime soon... With the M9 out of the picture(tweaked) people might actually start using different guns. The kal is only useful within like 20 ft, the ak cant handle blindfire battles or long range battles to well, and the dragon is really tricky to use. I don't see your logic where you are able to predict what's going to be overpowered and how the dragon is overpowered as well...

Remember when we said that when we nerfed the FAL and GMAL?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 90 of 107 (107 Views)
0 Likes