Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 9, 2013
Aw hell no. I already had HC removed. I'm not losing the goddamn Dragon.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 51 of 107 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14380 posts

Apr 9, 2013

It's a great idea.

Anything that stops people cheating is great. The more people who see it used, the more people who will try to do the same thing.

How do you think the out of map geometric glitches get around? They are seen through playing or on youtube, thus leading to people doing them.

This Dragon, headshot, freeze thing will get more and more common in time. Better to cut it off before every match has one of these people in it.

There is however option 2, however very unlikely to happen, have someone who will actually ban these players and works everyday checking through received cinema files.

Option 1 is unfortunately the most reasonable option. There isn't much they could do to the coding of the game to make lagswitchers get kicked, they would have to basically start again from what ND keep saying about changing in game code.

Option 3 would be to have no separate hitbox for the head, but I really don't like that idea, hell I don't even like how everything isn't separated already.

But I'd take option 3, as I said, anything to prevent cheating is good.

Message 52 of 107 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2016

Message 53 of 107 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7268 posts

Apr 9, 2013

It isn't a great idea... this basically means punish everybody because some people break the rules. I honestly hardly run into these kinds of players anyway, probably saw 1 in my entire time playing UC3 so it isn't to severe to call for getting rid of the weapon entirely out of loadouts.

Besides, trying to do that lagswitching isn't easy as you got to have some knowledge about it, most people who will try it will probably just get disconnected from the game if they try to do it.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 54 of 107 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14380 posts

Apr 9, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

It isn't a great idea... this basically means punish everybody because some people break the rules. I honestly hardly run into these kinds of players anyway, probably saw 1 in my entire time playing UC3 so it isn't to severe to call for getting rid of the weapon entirely out of loadouts.

Besides, trying to do that lagswitching isn't easy as you got to have some knowledge about it, most people who will try it will probably just get disconnected from the game if they try to do it.

The knowledge is all over the internet, It's not hard to find.

I've seen a lot more than just one. I've seen way over 100's of people doing it.

It wont even punish everybody, like you said to me in another thread, hardly anyone uses the Dragon, it is used by a minority and by cheaters.

I'm actually more in favor of console bans actually, but I just can't believe for a second that Sony would do that. A ban from the network impacts sales. Smiley Sad

Message 55 of 107 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7268 posts

Apr 9, 2013

and you said to me in that thread that the Dragon is the only other gun used besides the M9... Smiley Indifferent I never said it isn't rarely used, I think I was just argueing against how much praise you gave it. Most guns had a drop in use over the M9 anyway. And like I said, the answer isn't to punish everybody just because of a handful... I mean I use the dragon and won't want it to be literally taken out the game for this. Besides people will probably be able to do it with other weapons too, this is just the easiest one. The tau kills in 2 headshots, I'm sure even the G-mal can pull it off as well... want those removed too?

No matter how you look at it, it will punish people. It isn't even something wrong with the gun in the first place...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 56 of 107 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14380 posts

Apr 9, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

and you said to me in that thread that the Dragon is the only other gun used besides the M9... Smiley Indifferent I never said it isn't rarely used, I think I was just argueing against how much praise you gave it. Most guns had a drop in use over the M9 anyway. And like I said, the answer isn't to punish everybody just because of a handful... I mean I use the dragon and won't want it to be literally taken out the game for this. Besides people will probably be able to do it with other weapons too, this is just the easiest one. The tau kills in 2 headshots, I'm sure even the G-mal can pull it off as well... want those removed too?

No matter how you look at it, it will punish people. It isn't even something wrong with the gun in the first place...

G-MAL wont be a problem, Thing can't be aimed the recoil would ruin anyones headshot attempts. By the time the next burst appears the game would be back to normal again, Already seen G-MAL users trying the lagswitch. Didn't work. Like I've said I've seen an absolute crap load of lagswitchers on Uncharted. More cheaters than even a PC game which is absolutely horrifying considering how easy it is to cheat on a PC.

The only other effective thing I've seen is using a lagswitch for pulldowns and kick offs. Oh and wack and roll, the roll stuff should be removed and should never have existed, the pull down stuff is effective but silly, they die because those places for pulldowns and kickoffs are usually in rather exposed areas.

Tau would need removal too I'd imagine, but I honestly haven't seen anyone using that with a lagswitch, Hell I must have only seen about 9 people using it.. Period since November 2011.

My view is that it is something wrong with the gun, one shot kill, so people abuse it, it's a balance oversight when no other weapon has anything to combat that model, that is why people are doing it in the first place.

I mean. Lets be real here, if someone wants to win, they are going to use the dragon and either buy a premade lagswitch device or look it up on youtube or something. It'll take about 3 hours to make one. Even better it'll take about 3 minutes to buy one.

But okay, if the Dragon is pandering to cheaters, which you admit it is easy to use for a cheater. Then maybe it really does need that nerf. It's out of place with the damage model on the other weapons. Always has been. Now it's getting exploited and all I can really do is sit back and laugh at ND and everyone who thought it was ever okay.

Message 57 of 107 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Icarus_prime wrote:

Just to give a better exposure of this clarification that the lagswitch he's using is CONFIRMED shown in this video here by my good friend of mine, Ryan:

I played all 3 matches in this video and this guy was a nightmare! We were shocked he got 2 headshots in the same second. I remember Ryan and Leafblower saying "what?? 2 in the same time?". It was crazy.

it was always "scary" to be in open spaces because we knew a headshot was coming from somewhere. And every single time we killed him, 2 secons later we were dead too. That was so disgusting!! I'm glad Ryan recorded this so we can exposed this guy, even though I don't know if it's going to help since he can create another account Smiley Sad

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 58 of 107 (302 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I dont see how the Dragon should be removed because a handfull of players are using lag switches, I mean most of the players in this game use an M9,  do we really want to remove the weapon of choice for some great snipers?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 59 of 107 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Here's a cinema from over a year ago of a guy lag switching.  this one was extra special.   we were playing a full team, a clan nobody's ever heard of before we ran into in matchmaking.   They were getting destroyed and the lagswitcher had just gotten an unlucky.   They were all using mics and and we could hear in proximity chat his team mates telling him to use his lag switch so they would have a chance.  He obliged.   It was hilarious.  We could hear them coordinating strategy as a team around his lag switch. lol.  They were giving him directions on when to hit his switch/what to do so they could move as a team to take positions.  LOLOLOL

luckily this guy really sucked bad (as noted by the unlucky he had already gotten before even using his lagswitch) and the rest of his team were trash. lol. he appeared to not even know how to really use the lag switch effectively....more defensively than anything.    how the **bleep** do you cooridinate your entire team's strategy around a lag switch, allowing a guy to become invisible and kill people at will and still lose?

Edit: removed profanity

U--J 

Message 60 of 107 (289 Views)
0 Likes