Fender Bender
3542 posts

Re: This is how REAL lagswitching looks like...

Apr 10, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Removing the Dragon Sniper would be a shame since it's the weapon that requires the most skill to use (I suck with it).

I think the FAL needs more skill, but we all have our opinions.

Do you feel me?

Message 71 of 107 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13775 posts

Apr 10, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Dragon's fine, don't know how this became a discussion attacking the weapon since it clearly isn't the problem... it is good for letting people snipe whenever they want instead of having to race for it in the map with someone else and ultimately losing it by either running out of ammo or dying, having it in your loadout lets you play that way the whole time. Still don't see how bad lagswitching is in this game since I barely see people do it in the first place. And I played MGO so I know how bad it can get...this game is nothing like that.

The game is different for everyone, we don't all get matched to the same people.

I happen to have a pool full of lagswitchers in about a 1 in 20 ratio of players.

and that's unfortunate, ND should try coming with a solution for that, if possible, instead of punishing everybody in the game by removing a gun.

It doesn't punish everyone though, it punishes a minority who use it.

Mostly everyone else is using the M9.

I'm still more for banning everyone's consoles who is found to be cheating, but I still don't ever see that happening as they still buy games and fund Sony.

Message 72 of 107 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I suck with both of them so maybe you're right. At least I'm not entirely useless with the FAL-SS though.

Message 73 of 107 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6252 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Dragon's fine, don't know how this became a discussion attacking the weapon since it clearly isn't the problem... it is good for letting people snipe whenever they want instead of having to race for it in the map with someone else and ultimately losing it by either running out of ammo or dying, having it in your loadout lets you play that way the whole time. Still don't see how bad lagswitching is in this game since I barely see people do it in the first place. And I played MGO so I know how bad it can get...this game is nothing like that.

The game is different for everyone, we don't all get matched to the same people.

I happen to have a pool full of lagswitchers in about a 1 in 20 ratio of players.

and that's unfortunate, ND should try coming with a solution for that, if possible, instead of punishing everybody in the game by removing a gun.

It doesn't punish everyone though, it punishes a minority who use it.

Mostly everyone else is using the M9.

I'm still more for banning everyone's consoles who is found to be cheating, but I still don't ever see that happening as they still buy games and fund Sony.

Do you assume everyone who uses it lagswitches now? I know quite a few people, including myself who use it every now and then and even use it as their main weapon. I'm sure someone like Stunt as well wouldn't really like this since it's his main loadout according to him.

Completely changing the game isn't the answer, you brought up this possibility and I'm telling you that it is probably the worst thing that can be done about this problem. It doesn't matter if 1 person uses it in the whole game, it is still not a good idea.

photo Sniper.png
Message 74 of 107 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10174 posts

Apr 10, 2013
What the holy hell, Aure. Is EVERYONE using the Drag a lagswitcher? If so, everyone with an M9 is a moron who can't aim, everyone with a GMAL is a tryhard, everyone with a FAL is pretentioud and everyone with the KAL or the AK shouldn't even play this game.

This is the exact crap I had to put up with HC dying. "hC is dead" no it wasn't. It was more alive than Classic and Elim combined, goddamn it. I'm not having something taken from me just because it's "cool" with them that they remove something I use.

If they remove the Drag, I'm using M9 (Chloe, RoF+RS) with Marlowe's Para, Thrusting each kill and sending hatemail EVEN if I win.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 75 of 107 (222 Views)
Fender Bender
2508 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
What the holy hell, Aure. Is EVERYONE using the Drag a lagswitcher? If so, everyone with an M9 is a moron who can't aim, everyone with a GMAL is a tryhard, everyone with a FAL is pretentioud and everyone with the KAL or the AK shouldn't even play this game.

This is the exact crap I had to put up with HC dying. "hC is dead" no it wasn't. It was more alive than Classic and Elim combined, goddamn it. I'm not having something taken from me just because it's "cool" with them that they remove something I use.

If they remove the Drag, I'm using M9 (Chloe, RoF+RS) with Marlowe's Para, Thrusting each kill and sending hatemail EVEN if I win.

And this is what I said long ago, REPEATEDLY-----

Everyone whines and cries that things need nerfed until their game play style is the next of kin.

When some thing is over powered when its doing exactly what it is suppose to you have to ask " why don't the other shine where they are suppose to".

The first time I used the fal, and the para I knew why they did what they did. I also had a friend with a mod controller who couldn't use it on U3, well at least like he did on U2.

He should have been banned long ago for using it, and it was VERY easy to know he was using one.

Nope, they never touched him. He used it from level 20 some thing to lvl 80. Almost a year and a half of play time with it and nothing ever was done.

What they did  do was punish everyone else.

Solution, you get console banned for cheating period.

Wont happen though, because if your banned you wont be spending money on micro transactions.

(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 76 of 107 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13775 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Wasn't my words, If you check what I said I never even said that.

My exact words were. "It doesn't punish everyone though, it punishes a minority who use it."

There are some in that minority that lagswitch. As proven throughout this thread.

I didn't suggest nor imply that everyone using it is cheating. I will however laugh because sometime in December of 2011 I said people would find a way to abuse the Dragon due to it's damage module...

I really didn't want to be right about that, but I could see it coming a mile off.

They could apply some nerfs to it which may help. Remove headshot abilities, all damage would take two shots. Maybe that would be enough time to get them removed from games for freezing. Nerfing it however even though it could work, it's quite silly at this stage of the game.

Plus it's not really the same as Hardcore's removal. This is mostly just me and not everyone so the chances of it happening are very slim, on the brightside we know ND don't like fixing the game.

Message 77 of 107 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 10, 2013

This whole removing of the Dragon argument is stupid.

It's a vital weapon in the game and one of, if not the most balanced weapon in the game why punish the entire community AGAIN because of a few no life stats freak.

Personally without the Dragon Co-op would get destroyed & that's my main mode to play with friends.

ND should simply if possible find a way to kick the cheater from the games for the drop in their internet data.

If they can't do that they need to start banning their consoles for 3 months & set up a  proper report infastructure for their game.

Message 78 of 107 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13775 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

It's a vital weapon in the game and one of, if not the most balanced weapon in the game why punish the entire community AGAIN because of a few no life stats freak.

Personally without the Dragon Co-op would get destroyed & that's my main mode to play with friends.

ND should simply if possible find a way to kick the cheater from the games for the drop in their internet data.

If they can't do that they need to start banning their consoles for 3 months & set up a  proper report infastructure for their game.

No one said anything about removing it from co-op.

But balanced? One shot headshot kill? No other weapon has that capacity from the loadout. Far from balanced. It's the most unbalanced thing in the game, If it is the most balanced then every other weapon is unbalanced and should be brought up to par with it.

If it was vital you'd see more of them, the majority wont agree that it's needed.

The last thing is even sillier than removing it, Banning people. even though would be the best solution is not financially viable for Sony. You ban all the cheaters consoles and then they can't buy from PSN. It impacts Sony heavily.

Message 79 of 107 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

No one said anything about removing it from co-op.

But balanced? One shot headshot kill? No other weapon has that capacity from the loadout. Far from balanced. It's the most unbalanced thing in the game, If it is the most balanced then every other weapon is unbalanced and should be brought up to par with it.

If it was vital you'd see more of them, the majority wont agree that it's needed.

The last thing is even sillier than removing it, Banning people. even though would be the best solution is not financially viable for Sony. You ban all the cheaters consoles and then they can't buy from PSN. It impacts Sony heavily.

umm if someone get shot in the head from a sniper they should die, the gun is balanced in my opinion it takes skill to use so it's not like anyone can pick it up abuse it, the weapon also put the player using it at a disadvantage.

UC3 weapons loadout is already lacking in variety losing the dragon would just make this game turrn into a bigger blindfire mess, it would also severly ruin Maps like Museum, Yemen, Highrise, City of Brass for example.

i'm sure all the cheaters don't make up even 1% off the PS3 community.

Message 80 of 107 (162 Views)
0 Likes