Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5568 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 17, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Customization here is pretty good since the update. The games mentioned above have customization as a main component in the game, whereas here it is more of a bonus.


I really don't think it's good enough.I'd actually rate Uncharted 3 as one of the worst customizable games I've experienced.

 

Theme Park is an insult, I love Theme Park sure. But it was made in like 1995 or some crap.When your getting owned by a game made in 1995 in 2011/2013 you know your game sucks.

 

Sims surpasses it and so does Home, Home isn't a game, it's a social application.

 

I said this elsewhere too, the custom characters, WHY do they have no hair pieces? Come to even mention it why can't Drake have a Mohawk? Why can't Flynn have Longer hair?, why can't we make Lazarevic into a Mosher? Most importantly, for entertainment purposes we should be able to make Elena and Chloe bald and run around G.I Jane'ing it up.

 

The possibilities are endless with customization, everyone is being far too generous on the topic with ND. That is just one of the 100's of things that is wrong with ND's take on it.


Those would be ridiculous... This isn't a Barbie dress-up game. Most shooters don't even offer customization out of *pick this skin or that skin* You got to remember that this is still a shooter game, obviously character customization should be an afterthought and anything for it should be a bonus.

 

Comparing this to the sims and similar games is pretty dumb. I can go to the Sims and say the fighting in that game sucks because all I do is click on another sim and click "fight with"... so boring. But I don't because thats not what the sims is about, whereas inversely Uncharted 3 isn't about the customization. Yet we get a decent amount of customization in the game for a game that really doesn't even need it.

 

In short, Uncharted 3 could be very playable if there was ZERO customization, yet we have it, therefore it is a good bonus in the game.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 39 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13216 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Customization here is pretty good since the update. The games mentioned above have customization as a main component in the game, whereas here it is more of a bonus.


I really don't think it's good enough.I'd actually rate Uncharted 3 as one of the worst customizable games I've experienced.

 

Theme Park is an insult, I love Theme Park sure. But it was made in like 1995 or some crap.When your getting owned by a game made in 1995 in 2011/2013 you know your game sucks.

 

Sims surpasses it and so does Home, Home isn't a game, it's a social application.

 

I said this elsewhere too, the custom characters, WHY do they have no hair pieces? Come to even mention it why can't Drake have a Mohawk? Why can't Flynn have Longer hair?, why can't we make Lazarevic into a Mosher? Most importantly, for entertainment purposes we should be able to make Elena and Chloe bald and run around G.I Jane'ing it up.

 

The possibilities are endless with customization, everyone is being far too generous on the topic with ND. That is just one of the 100's of things that is wrong with ND's take on it.


Those would be ridiculous... This isn't a Barbie dress-up game. Most shooters don't even offer customization out of *pick this skin or that skin* You got to remember that this is still a shooter game, obviously character customization should be an afterthought and anything for it should be a bonus.

 

Comparing this to the sims and similar games is pretty dumb. I can go to the Sims and say the fighting in that game sucks because all I do is click on another sim and click "fight with"... so boring. But I don't because thats not what the sims is about, whereas inversely Uncharted 3 isn't about the customization. Yet we get a decent amount of customization in the game for a game that really doesn't even need it.

 

In short, Uncharted 3 could be very playable if there was ZERO customization, yet we have it, therefore it is a good bonus in the game.


Theres also the argument of do it properly or don't do it at all.

 

By touting customization as a main feature of the game they created the illusion that it would be a main feature.

 

 

 

There is the proof that it wasn't supposed to be an afterthought. It was supposed to rival the best out there.

 

Plus your argument sucks. Unreal Tournament is totally customizable, Quake is totally customizable, Halo "Not characters" has totally customizable maps. Fighting games have always been generic garbage. Call of Duty is even far more customizable offering customized guns, character colors, skin additions and so on. Sorry your argument of it being a shooter is totally irrelivent when other shooters are rivaling the best customization available in simulation gaming. Plus there is a few fighting game that wasn't done lazy. Ready 2 Rumble. You had control over customzation to a heavy degree with a created character. WWE games allow you to change absolutely everything barring characters names, hair (Not on main roster spots), clothes, even has a tool for creating your own layers.

 

Stop defending ND. I'll give away some things and let people win sometimes.

 

This is one thing I will not let anyone win, the customization shouldn't be there it's been done in a very lazy manner.

 

Key note, I have no problem with customization, I have a problem with every single way it's been executed, pay to customize, bad customization parts, lack of color, (Last patch did almost nothing), Even though I want hair pieces I could understand it not being on main characters, but the custom characters should have it at the very least, No custom female (Totally lazy),

 

All colors should apply to all characters, Custom characters should be in female and male variety with every possible modifcation to them available, clothing, hair and so on. the concept of a custom do it yourself character is often to create a representation of yourself.

 

Everyone is apparently bald and a cutter lookalike on here though.

 

Bottom line is. I'm right on this. I'm usually wrong and fighting a losing battle. The only way I can fight a losing battle here is if I get horded out by the ND fanboys. I'll fight you all if I really have to, I will not conceed this. It's lazy, it's poor. I'm even being kind now because I simply cannot find the words to describe how badly it was executed. I'm willing to understand that maybe doing hair pieces for the main characters would be unfitting to the game, the rest of it previously expained I'm not willing to understand or give way on.

 

Do it right or don't do it at all. The customization bonus in the game is absolutely pointless and a waste of resources, done right it would be a good addition. But look at how you do customize, it's not an addition to benefit you or any Uncharted player. It's for micro transactions. It's a cash grab. The people like you who think it's good are setting us up for a lifetime of this micro transaction asthetics BS.

 

Note: I do not have an issue with customization, I have an issue with every angle ND have taken on it.

 

There is being greedy, which is fine, wanting more is good.

 

Milking something,... Not good.

 

It's okay that the game is a broken mess, because you all are wearing some stupid looking item that you paid for.
 

I get it, I really do.... :smileyfrustrated:

 



Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 39 (186 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5568 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 17, 2013

I'm the person who will never bash a game that includes aspects from other genres into their game, as long as the game and its core elements are there and working(Yea I have no problem with blindfire and melee) I see that anything else added on adds bonuses to the game regardless of how good it is. The emblem system leaves something to be desired and the colors are fun. I never said the customization was top notch and the best out there, I just said it was good enough for this game.

 

I personally wouldn't even care if there was 1 Drake skin and 1 Talbot skin and that was it, the game would still play exactly the same that it does now, and customization does not affect this game at all as far as the actual gameplay goes. I can play as a pink Drake 1 match and a brown Marlowe with a ugly mask the next, it will not change the game at all for me. Hence why the fact that it has this customization in the game, is a good bonus for the game.

 

I will never attack a game for what it doesn't have in comparison to another, thats just petty. If you put in Uncharted and expect to make a beautiful looking and creative character then yea you will be disappointed...good thing that isn't the main goal the developers wanted for the game then yea this would have been a sad game for customization.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 39 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9886 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 17, 2013
Can I add that Tekken has what UC3 needs: a color palette on every single differently-colored pant of the article of clothing (meaning, Steve's shoes can be colored, along with second shoe color, soles and laces.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 39 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 17, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Customization here is pretty good since the update. The games mentioned above have customization as a main component in the game, whereas here it is more of a bonus.


I really don't think it's good enough.I'd actually rate Uncharted 3 as one of the worst customizable games I've experienced.

 

Theme Park is an insult, I love Theme Park sure. But it was made in like 1995 or some crap.When your getting owned by a game made in 1995 in 2011/2013 you know your game sucks.

 

Sims surpasses it and so does Home, Home isn't a game, it's a social application.

 

I said this elsewhere too, the custom characters, WHY do they have no hair pieces? Come to even mention it why can't Drake have a Mohawk? Why can't Flynn have Longer hair?, why can't we make Lazarevic into a Mosher? Most importantly, for entertainment purposes we should be able to make Elena and Chloe bald and run around G.I Jane'ing it up.

 

The possibilities are endless with customization, everyone is being far too generous on the topic with ND. That is just one of the 100's of things that is wrong with ND's take on it.


Those would be ridiculous... This isn't a Barbie dress-up game. Most shooters don't even offer customization out of *pick this skin or that skin* You got to remember that this is still a shooter game, obviously character customization should be an afterthought and anything for it should be a bonus.

 

Comparing this to the sims and similar games is pretty dumb. I can go to the Sims and say the fighting in that game sucks because all I do is click on another sim and click "fight with"... so boring. But I don't because thats not what the sims is about, whereas inversely Uncharted 3 isn't about the customization. Yet we get a decent amount of customization in the game for a game that really doesn't even need it.

 

In short, Uncharted 3 could be very playable if there was ZERO customization, yet we have it, therefore it is a good bonus in the game.


Theres also the argument of do it properly or don't do it at all.

 

By touting customization as a main feature of the game they created the illusion that it would be a main feature.

 

 

 

There is the proof that it wasn't supposed to be an afterthought. It was supposed to rival the best out there.

 

Plus your argument sucks. Unreal Tournament is totally customizable, Quake is totally customizable, Halo "Not characters" has totally customizable maps. Fighting games have always been generic garbage. Call of Duty is even far more customizable offering customized guns, character colors, skin additions and so on. Sorry your argument of it being a shooter is totally irrelivent when other shooters are rivaling the best customization available in simulation gaming. Plus there is a few fighting game that wasn't done lazy. Ready 2 Rumble. You had control over customzation to a heavy degree with a created character. WWE games allow you to change absolutely everything barring characters names, hair (Not on main roster spots), clothes, even has a tool for creating your own layers.

 

Stop defending ND. I'll give away some things and let people win sometimes.

 

This is one thing I will not let anyone win, the customization shouldn't be there it's been done in a very lazy manner.

 

Key note, I have no problem with customization, I have a problem with every single way it's been executed, pay to customize, bad customization parts, lack of color, (Last patch did almost nothing), Even though I want hair pieces I could understand it not being on main characters, but the custom characters should have it at the very least, No custom female (Totally lazy),

 

All colors should apply to all characters, Custom characters should be in female and male variety with every possible modifcation to them available, clothing, hair and so on. the concept of a custom do it yourself character is often to create a representation of yourself.

 

Everyone is apparently bald and a cutter lookalike on here though.

 

Bottom line is. I'm right on this. I'm usually wrong and fighting a losing battle. The only way I can fight a losing battle here is if I get horded out by the ND fanboys. I'll fight you all if I really have to, I will not conceed this. It's lazy, it's poor. I'm even being kind now because I simply cannot find the words to describe how badly it was executed. I'm willing to understand that maybe doing hair pieces for the main characters would be unfitting to the game, the rest of it previously expained I'm not willing to understand or give way on.

 

Do it right or don't do it at all. The customization bonus in the game is absolutely pointless and a waste of resources, done right it would be a good addition. But look at how you do customize, it's not an addition to benefit you or any Uncharted player. It's for micro transactions. It's a cash grab. The people like you who think it's good are setting us up for a lifetime of this micro transaction asthetics BS.

 

Note: I do not have an issue with customization, I have an issue with every angle ND have taken on it.

 

There is being greedy, which is fine, wanting more is good.

 

Milking something,... Not good.

 

It's okay that the game is a broken mess, because you all are wearing some stupid looking item that you paid for.
 

I get it, I really do.... :smileyfrustrated:

 


Well Said!

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 39 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
2127 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 17, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

The mecanich is FINE.

The M9 & Para9 have too much BF compared with the Kal.

If anyone wants to Bf it should be at the total cost of aim(Kal) not be superversatil wit the M9

BF is part of Uncharted...remember FROMTHEHIP back in U2?

 

ND cares about the game. The have fized as many things as they could and even brought new MESH MAP labs

sure they were forced into some strange stupid hat stats but maybe its not theyre whole fault

 

 

 

 


Yep I remember quite well.

IT DOES NOT MAKE GUNS AUTO AIM BETTER WHEN HIP FIRING.

 

It makes bullets within the blind fire reticule fire in a tighter pattern.

See, screen shots http://www.saint-ism.com/2009/12/uncharted-2-booster-comparisons-down-the-irons-vs-from-the-hip/

 

 

http://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/uncharted2_booster_comparison_run_and_gun.jpg

Above without from the hip

 

 

Below with from the hip on.

http://www.saint-ism.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/uncharted2_booster_comparison_blindfire_standing_with_fth.jpg

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 39 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/17/2009
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 18, 2013

@Aureilia

 

My only issue with your post is that your vids don't really show how customization was supposed to be a main feature of U3. Yes, the first one shows off what you can do in the Beta, and the second one shows some combinations, but there are no claims (although in another trailer, I do believe they make claims of 204824123 customizable things, but I'm too lazy to look that up) about super amazing epic customization.

 

I understand your note of the UT and Quake series, but the default customization in those games are poor. You can, what, choose a skin, choose a color for it, and alter a few tidbits like railgun color (Quake) and the color of your name, yeah? For all those skins, maps, and mods, you gotta hunt for your favorite PC game mod site and/or look into altering some console commands for all that customization you really want. U3 can't even compare because it doesn't have a PC port.

 

Your point is valid about Halo games from 3 and up having super customizable maps, but I don't think we can apply that to U3 since a feature like that wasn't expected much (oh, but I would so love a Forge-type editor for U3). Why didn't you want to talk about Halo's character customization, though? I would say the series' Spartan/Elite customization is pretty much like U3's - you choose parts, colors for those parts (they got more than we do...), and choose a male/female model which don't look all that different. They don't use microtransactions for the cooler stuff though, which is fine by me.

 

CoD games are also limited in customizability unless we're talking about PC versions (and exclusing console hacked crap). At the most, you've got a robust emblem editor for Black Ops 1 and 2. Otherwise you've just got gun camos and call signs. Character models are dictated by the guns you're using, (BLOPs 1 is the exception in that your perks dictate appearance) so that's limited as well.

 

The WWE and Ready 2 Rumble points; I can see them, but we're interested in shooters here, yeah?

 

All that said, I disagree that shooters in general have super amounts of customization by default. PC games have the potential but it's the fans that create that content.

 

But I agree with you that ND could have executed customization better. I remember the topics on having a female custom character, Luxis' color topic, really advanced custom game options (like Halo), Wetsuit Elena and Rika, etc. that were created to point out the small amount of customizing we've got here. I don't like the idea of microtransactions either, unless they could be bought with a lot of ingame cash to give them some value.

 

I almost wanted to say that the lack of customization is perhaps due to hardware constraints, but I realized that while ND refuses to fix issues, they're still adding in DLC microtransaction stuff without much of a problem. To me, that says that issue is bunk, but I'm not a skilled programmer yet so I can't say I fully understand what's going on that.

 

At the end of the day though, I think it's too late in the game cycle to care.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 39 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13216 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Lazyboy256 wrote:

@Aureilia

 

My only issue with your post is that your vids don't really show how customization was supposed to be a main feature of U3. Yes, the first one shows off what you can do in the Beta, and the second one shows some combinations, but there are no claims (although in another trailer, I do believe they make claims of 204824123 customizable things, but I'm too lazy to look that up) about super amazing epic customization.

 

I understand your note of the UT and Quake series, but the default customization in those games are poor. You can, what, choose a skin, choose a color for it, and alter a few tidbits like railgun color (Quake) and the color of your name, yeah? For all those skins, maps, and mods, you gotta hunt for your favorite PC game mod site and/or look into altering some console commands for all that customization you really want. U3 can't even compare because it doesn't have a PC port.

 

Your point is valid about Halo games from 3 and up having super customizable maps, but I don't think we can apply that to U3 since a feature like that wasn't expected much (oh, but I would so love a Forge-type editor for U3). Why didn't you want to talk about Halo's character customization, though? I would say the series' Spartan/Elite customization is pretty much like U3's - you choose parts, colors for those parts (they got more than we do...), and choose a male/female model which don't look all that different. They don't use microtransactions for the cooler stuff though, which is fine by me.

 

CoD games are also limited in customizability unless we're talking about PC versions (and exclusing console hacked crap). At the most, you've got a robust emblem editor for Black Ops 1 and 2. Otherwise you've just got gun camos and call signs. Character models are dictated by the guns you're using, (BLOPs 1 is the exception in that your perks dictate appearance) so that's limited as well.

 

The WWE and Ready 2 Rumble points; I can see them, but we're interested in shooters here, yeah?

 

All that said, I disagree that shooters in general have super amounts of customization by default. PC games have the potential but it's the fans that create that content.

 

But I agree with you that ND could have executed customization better. I remember the topics on having a female custom character, Luxis' color topic, really advanced custom game options (like Halo), Wetsuit Elena and Rika, etc. that were created to point out the small amount of customizing we've got here. I don't like the idea of microtransactions either, unless they could be bought with a lot of ingame cash to give them some value.

 

I almost wanted to say that the lack of customization is perhaps due to hardware constraints, but I realized that while ND refuses to fix issues, they're still adding in DLC microtransaction stuff without much of a problem. To me, that says that issue is bunk, but I'm not a skilled programmer yet so I can't say I fully understand what's going on that.

 

At the end of the day though, I think it's too late in the game cycle to care.


I wasn't the first one to bring up fighting games, I just saw it said that they are generally pick your fighter and get on with it, I just felt like correcting that since it wasn't true.

 

Yeah I couldn't find the video for all those customizable claims, so I had to go with the closest two I could find.

 

Quake 3 was redundant when it came to customization, that was a select a character, select from about 5 colors and move on.

 

Quake 4 has a select your color from absolutely any color in the entire world. Only thing it's missing is the hair pieces, once again no custom character so kind of understandable. But on the whole that game is far more customizable than Uncharted, also available on XBOX 360, I couldn't say what the 360 color editor is like but I know what the standard one on the PC is like

 

Unreal Tournament 3 does need some mods,  But Epic fully explained this back in the day While the 360 version lacks this feature, the PS3 version can do whatever you want to do with it, new maps? not a problem, new characters, just go and get them, color changing mods, go get one. Endless possibiities. Maybe requires a bit too much effort, but it's there. Epic were actually the content creators for the color stuff though, it came on day one of release :smileyhappy:

 

There is one other game thats even more linear than Uncharted 3's customization. Gears of War, I don't know about the most recent one, but the ones before it offered no customization at all. but then again.. It's not like they told everyone it would be there either.

 

The Halo customization for parts is better i'd say since they are actually items that fit in the Universe, and you get them through gameplay rather than being forced to either buy them or have nothing, while in most cases in Uncharted 3 you just look like a complete oddjob having those parts on.

 

Oh.. and I fully expect every game to have some sort of Forge for creating new maps out of existing ones. I'm probably expecting too much, but why not? Then again maybe I shouldn't want it from ND. Blocking the maps up wont be done with buildings or walls, it'll be done with giant pieces of cheese or a massive potato, because aside from a Yemen style building, or an actual wall, cheese totally fits in this universe.

 

I'm going to end this with this:

 

Wetsuit Elena, Pinkerton and Rika do not belong in the Uncharted 3 universe. However http://www.naughtydog.com/games/uncharted_animal this does?

 

That is what is wrong with the customization, The whole set of pieces they have there simply do not fit in the universe. I don't get why the people who want those skins don't get them with the universe excuse yet they continue to release stuff that not only looks immensely stupid, it doesn't fit in the universe while the 3 skins actually do. Trust me I'm over the skins by now, but I'm not over the excuse when the whole game looks like it's all ripped from a different game at this point.



Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 39 (112 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9886 posts
 

Re: This must be said. Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Lazyboy256 wrote:

@Aureilia

 

Wetsuit Elena, Pinkerton and Rika do not belong in the Uncharted 3 universe. However http://www.naughtydog.com/games/uncharted_animal this does?

 

 

Well, APPARENTLY stuff from Killzone and Resistance are.

 

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 39 (107 Views)
Reply
0 Likes