Reply
Mar 22 2013
By: HIhi2442 Fender Bender 4237 posts
Offline

To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

24 replies 510 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

I mentioned this in another thread last night. People are so bent on bashing people who play in parties just to stomp on noobs. That is not true, I personally play in parties to hang out, chat with friends and laugh at the BS with them.

Now for the main point I'm making in this thread. If ND was to change the match making to Party vs. Party in all modes, you'd see a lot more boosting and would very rarely have a legit match. The boosting would result in KDR and WLR being more useless than it already is thanks to just about everyone quitting before that patch fixed it.

TL;DR Party vs. Party = easy boosting.



UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 1 of 25 (510 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Online
3686 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

See my point on that thread your referring to.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Why-doesn-t-ND-do-something-abo...

 

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 2 of 25 (505 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Online
3686 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

The nerfing progression on Uncharted 3

Wannnnnna wannnnnnnn

I'm tired of getting owned by parties of qb, bunny shottie, fal, gmal+acc, noobs.

Fixed
I'm tired of getting owned by parties of qb, bunny shottie, fal, gmal+acc, noobs.
I'm tired of getting owned by parties of qb, bunny shottie, fal, gmal+acc, noobs.
I'm tired of getting owned by parties of qb, bunny shottie, fal, gmal+acc, noobs.

I'm tired of getting owned by parties of qb, bunny shottie, fal, gmal+acc, noobs.

I'm tired of getting owned by parties of noobs.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 3 of 25 (475 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Disagree

Only in party of 5 vs 5 match would boosting work. And in that case, no, I would not see boosting, because I would not boost.

 

I would not care if losers took advantage of this hypothetical match making and boosted. Doesnt affect me. Stats are pointless in a videogame, whether they are accurate or not.

 

People is this game (and others) already have and actively are abusing any little thing they can. This new hypothetical matchmaking would result in more of the same.

 

TL;DR: Give us a All Competitive Mercenary playlist

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 4 of 25 (463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7532 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

Mar 22, 2013

hihi making a thread???Smiley Surprised

Sleep Matt signature
Message 5 of 25 (458 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

HIhi2442 wrote:

I mentioned this in another thread last night. People are so bent on bashing people who play in parties just to stomp on noobs. That is not true, I personally play in parties to hang out, chat with friends and laugh at the BS with them.

Now for the main point I'm making in this thread. If ND was to change the match making to Party vs. Party in all modes, you'd see a lot more boosting and would very rarely have a legit match. The boosting would result in KDR and WLR being more useless than it already is thanks to just about everyone quitting before that patch fixed it.

TL;DR Party vs. Party = easy boosting.


YOU may party up for the sole reason of playing with friends but there are tons who do it only to stomp randoms. What can be done about this? Nothing. A mercenary playlist would be nice, but splitting up the player base, means more lag so I'll take my chances with the parties. Plus I don't care about W/L, only K/D. I don't care about the poor man going 1-22. If you want good W/L ratio in Team Deathmatch, then get a team. That is a statement coming from a 99% lone wolf player from U2 and U3.

Message 6 of 25 (442 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14228 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

Mar 22, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

I mentioned this in another thread last night. People are so bent on bashing people who play in parties just to stomp on noobs. That is not true, I personally play in parties to hang out, chat with friends and laugh at the BS with them.

Now for the main point I'm making in this thread. If ND was to change the match making to Party vs. Party in all modes, you'd see a lot more boosting and would very rarely have a legit match. The boosting would result in KDR and WLR being more useless than it already is thanks to just about everyone quitting before that patch fixed it.

TL;DR Party vs. Party = easy boosting.


YOU may party up for the sole reason of playing with friends but there are tons who do it only to stomp randoms. What can be done about this? Nothing. A mercenary playlist would be nice, but splitting up the player base, means more lag so I'll take my chances with the parties. Plus I don't care about W/L, only K/D. I don't care about the poor man going 1-22. If you want good W/L ratio in Team Deathmatch, then get a team. That is a statement coming from a 99% lone wolf player from U2 and U3.


That is the only logical solution.

 

The Mercenary playlist would be whats needed. Messing up the matchmaking to have party vs party would take forever to find games, even many months ago it would.



Message 7 of 25 (422 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2428 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

Mar 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

I mentioned this in another thread last night. People are so bent on bashing people who play in parties just to stomp on noobs. That is not true, I personally play in parties to hang out, chat with friends and laugh at the BS with them.

Now for the main point I'm making in this thread. If ND was to change the match making to Party vs. Party in all modes, you'd see a lot more boosting and would very rarely have a legit match. The boosting would result in KDR and WLR being more useless than it already is thanks to just about everyone quitting before that patch fixed it.

TL;DR Party vs. Party = easy boosting.


YOU may party up for the sole reason of playing with friends but there are tons who do it only to stomp randoms. What can be done about this? Nothing. A mercenary playlist would be nice, but splitting up the player base, means more lag so I'll take my chances with the parties. Plus I don't care about W/L, only K/D. I don't care about the poor man going 1-22. If you want good W/L ratio in Team Deathmatch, then get a team. That is a statement coming from a 99% lone wolf player from U2 and U3.


That is the only logical solution.

 

The Mercenary playlist would be whats needed. Messing up the matchmaking to have party vs party would take forever to find games, even many months ago it would.


This would happen with mercenary too. And the noob stomping will get a lot worse. Since all players that are around for a while know about mercenary no highlevel would go TDM solo. So all TDM would be parties killing other parties and low levels that don't know what mercenary is.

Message 8 of 25 (410 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/13/2009
Offline
1011 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

Mar 22, 2013
Exactly, more lag. And with more lag, generally longer lobby times. It's too late for this. I don't know if this game ever had enough players for this to ever be an option at any point in time, to be honest. I'll deal with the tryhard parties, just please don't add more lag. I am probably the one who notices it and picks at it least here, let's not change that.
Message 9 of 25 (404 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7532 posts
 

Re: To the people who want Parties vs. Parties/Complain about matchmaking.

Mar 22, 2013

parties are meant for fun not abuse as alot of peole selfishly do

 

 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 10 of 25 (399 Views)
Reply
0 Likes