Jan 07 2014
By: SkylineGT-R_ First Son 4 posts

Too much dry docks

18 replies 328 views Edited Jan 7, 2014
Everytime if you can vote for the upcoming map dry docks is one of the two maps. I understand it is a new map so it comes up a bit more but now the half of my matches are in dry docks. Its just too much to enjoy the map. I hope that the map rotations can be fixed
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (328 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1779 posts

Re: Too much dry docks

Jan 7, 2014

I bet it will soon enough change by a live update. on a side note I think they should implement SjShane's idea so every map has a fair chance of showing up.

"If ND won't patch these maps into the game, the alternative is to remove the toggle, and make the Map Pack Bundle the only downloadable version on the PS Store. Then turn the default pool off and have a pop-up saying "Download the DLC maps to play online" when ever anyone tries to play without downloading the maps.

Booyah! One giant player pool with less lag, and all the maps will have a fair chance of showing up."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (323 Views)
Wastelander
853 posts

Jan 7, 2014
Dry docks is a ok map but its alure wore thin awhile ago.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2376 posts

Jan 8, 2014

That idea by Shane is brilliant & I see that a live update was pushed out today hopefully that resolved the issue, i'm sick of Dry Docks, it's a sucky map as well. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11024 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I played this game again and tbh it came on the voting screen only two times, both times it lost

If it's not as bad as LU or Airstrip, it's fine IMO.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (285 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17680 posts

Jan 8, 2014

renatabls wrote:
I played this game again and tbh it came on the voting screen only two times, both times it lost

If it's not as bad as LU or Airstrip, it's fine IMO.

It actually seems to come up often near the start of playing for me, but doesn't come up later much after that, even with DLC off.

I usually play it once every time I come on to play UC3, but it's not ridiculous. In fact, none of the levels have a ridiculous chance to come up often in TO or Plunder anymore. I'm liking the variety.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Dry Docks is pretty. But not well designed.

But.. It's sure better designed than London Streets is.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (273 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I just got done playing a few matches a little bit ago. Only ended up playing Dry Docks once. I heard there was a live update earlier. Hopefully they made some adjustments.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 8, 2014
What they should do is let a few select forum members design their own map and ND live patch the ones that are good (after they've checked for bugs and all).

A 'Lab 2.0' as I'd put it. They'd choose maybe 5-10 people every month and ask them to make maps and the ones that are selected get put into rotation for a month.

They also don't have to be BMM. Have 'building blocks' which can be used. I'd make mine a map of all ranges, use water IN THE RIGHT WAY and have environmental factors. Imagine an earthquake that shakes the map for a few seconds and then causes a tidal wave to roll through the map, like the wave from campaign. Gotta get to higher ground or you die. Then after 20 seconds, the water becomes 'calm' so you can swim in it and then after a few minutes, the water will disappear, leaving Power Weapons in random places around the bottom floor of the map.

Ok, that's enough imagination for today, lol.
Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jan 9, 2014

The first week I loved Dry Docks. Now I hate it more than City of Brass

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (186 Views)
0 Likes