Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Re: Too much dry docks

Jan 9, 2014

dark18assassin92 wrote:
Dry docks is a ok map but its alure wore thin awhile ago.

I wish it has more of a brighter color pallete imo :smileyindifferent:

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 11 of 19 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Jan 9, 2014
I actually wonder if it was a nightime map could it be better
Message 12 of 19 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 9, 2014
If they removed some of those walls and obstructions as well as the parts hanging from the chains and also opened up the dead ends at either side of the map then the map would be less bad (but still bad).
Message 13 of 19 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 9, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
What they should do is let a few select forum members design their own map and ND live patch the ones that are good (after they've checked for bugs and all).

A 'Lab 2.0' as I'd put it. They'd choose maybe 5-10 people every month and ask them to make maps and the ones that are selected get put into rotation for a month.

They also don't have to be BMM. Have 'building blocks' which can be used. I'd make mine a map of all ranges, use water IN THE RIGHT WAY and have environmental factors. Imagine an earthquake that shakes the map for a few seconds and then causes a tidal wave to roll through the map, like the wave from campaign. Gotta get to higher ground or you die. Then after 20 seconds, the water becomes 'calm' so you can swim in it and then after a few minutes, the water will disappear, leaving Power Weapons in random places around the bottom floor of the map.

Ok, that's enough imagination for today, lol.

A Block Mesh Map editor would be good. Like Little big planet with squares, circles, stairs, ...etc. that you can drag and drop. 

(BMM is the only way i could see it working.)

Message 14 of 19 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Don't forget environmental factors, they're important, lol ^
Bang Bang!

Message 15 of 19 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
371 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

I bet it will soon enough change by a live update. on a side note I think they should implement SjShane's idea so every map has a fair chance of showing up.

"If ND won't patch these maps into the game, the alternative is to remove the toggle, and make the Map Pack Bundle the only downloadable version on the PS Store. Then turn the default pool off and have a pop-up saying "Download the DLC maps to play online" when ever anyone tries to play without downloading the maps.

Booyah! One giant player pool with less lag, and all the maps will have a fair chance of showing up."

LOL. Implementing such a system will be fatal for some maps, meaning they will appear even less.

Cause Naughty Dog has it's own way of doing things. Just like how all treasures have an equal chance of dropping. Yeah right..

Message 16 of 19 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 12, 2014
I'd rather have a random map like Sanctuary rarely show up with all other maps showing up over one map being prioritised like Dry Docks or a certain map pack.
Bang Bang!

Message 17 of 19 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Jan 12, 2014
@IzunaShisui Care to explain?

As long as they were to equal the map weights so all 25 maps have a 4% chance of showing up, it should be perfectly stable.

Right now, all I have to do is delete my all my UC3 DLC then download Flashback Map Pack 1 again, and I can break the DLC pool if I wanted. I often see only one map pack per lobby, and once in a blue moon see no DLC maps show up at all.

And the default pool is pretty bad too, Dry Docks shows up almost every voting screen, London Underground and Airstrip still have higher the chances of coming up because of the No Intro versions, and meanwhile I'm lucky to see City Of Brass after 20 games. Anything is better the current system.

Anyway, I'm pushing my luck hoping ND would ever do something like this, but it would fix many issues with the game, some not even in relation to the maps, *cough* split player pool and terrible lag *cough*. However, if they were concerned for the F2P players having to wait even longer after just installing the client, they could always include the maps within the F2P add-on, so any new players will have the maps by default. Then the only people who would have to download the bundle are those who bought the early editions without buying the maps, and the F2P players who downloaded the client prior to the update.

The other alternative was to patch the maps into the game, but ND already said they won't do this, despite the fact it's entirely possible (as seen with Dry Docks, and BMM11 which I believe was added via a Live Update). The files aren't very big either, the worse thing that could have happened is a few laggers not being able to play for a whole day.
Pepsi
Message 18 of 19 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jan 12, 2014

SjShane wrote:
@IzunaShisui Care to explain?

As long as they were to equal the map weights so all 25 maps have a 4% chance of showing up, it should be perfectly stable.

Right now, all I have to do is delete my all my UC3 DLC then download Flashback Map Pack 1 again, and I can break the DLC pool if I wanted. I often see only one map pack per lobby, and once in a blue moon see no DLC maps show up at all.

And the default pool is pretty bad too, Dry Docks shows up almost every voting screen, London Underground and Airstrip still have higher the chances of coming up because of the No Intro versions, and meanwhile I'm lucky to see City Of Brass after 20 games. Anything is better the current system.

Anyway, I'm pushing my luck hoping ND would ever do something like this, but it would fix many issues with the game, some not even in relation to the maps, *cough* split player pool and terrible lag *cough*. However, if they were concerned for the F2P players having to wait even longer after just installing the client, they could always include the maps within the F2P add-on, so any new players will have the maps by default. Then the only people who would have to download the bundle are those who bought the early editions without buying the maps, and the F2P players who downloaded the client prior to the update.

The other alternative was to patch the maps into the game, but ND already said they won't do this, despite the fact it's entirely possible (as seen with Dry Docks, and BMM11 which I believe was added via a Live Update). The files aren't very big either, the worse thing that could have happened is a few laggers not being able to play for a whole day.

Perhaps you should PM MacGruber ur brilliant solution(S), he's the most reasonable & always reply. It's worth a shot lol.

Message 19 of 19 (160 Views)