Mar 03 2013
By: iceyfire54312 Fender Bender 4140 posts

Tournament, Skill and not Luck (The fix)

[ Edited ]
8 replies 424 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

The Issue

Tournament has been a thing of luck for much to long now and it's just not a fun thing to go through, this is much because the system worries more about your wins than your personal skill. Whenever I use a ticket I think about how I have to carry my team the entire time and this should not be a thing, we should not have to worry about others performance. We shouldn't have to scan a lobby to see if it's safe to use one , we should feel confident in our skill to use a ticket without fear that our team is going to lose it for us. 

It should not be like this and it can all be fixed with a very simple equation change. 

The Fix

Simply take out the 1000 points you get for winning a match and then add 50 points to every kill, meaning if you get 20 kills the 1000 points is made up, making wins and loses not matter along with this system would make your tier rank truly reflect your skill level. 

Simple as that. 

Meaning is you can go 15/16-0 you will hit plat (assist not counted in) 

FPR (Frequent Pessimistic Responses ) 

But icy, it's to late to fix this.

Even if it is too late to fix this issue in UC3, it would be fixed for UC4. It's better to hit it now than later. 

They wont fix it because all they want is money.

We changed the colors did we not? Not only that but people would still need to buy tickets if they want gold or plat, hell I have a friend who struggles getting bronze right now. 

So lets support this bad boy and try and get things fixed 

-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 1 of 9 (424 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Re: Tournament, Skill and not Luck (The fix)

Mar 3, 2013

iceyfire54312 wrote:

FPR (Frequent Pessimistic Responses ) 

But icy, it's to late to fix this.

Even if it is too late to fix this issue in UC3, it would be fixed for UC4. It's better to hit it now than later. 

^Disagree with you on that, Tournament System is bad from start.  Naughty Dog needs to go back to it's roots on Fun. Then again careful what you wish for... that idea might turn out to be the worst when Robert Cog is in charge.

They wont fix it because all they want is money.

We changed the colors did we not? Not only that but people would still need to buy tickets if they want gold or plat, hell I have a friend who struggles getting bronze right now. 

^I like the fact that we got colors but honestly I rather have technical issues fixed,  we end up getting colors at the end. When we should've got this sometime in the start of it's lifecycle but instead some of us are saying "It took a year for This?"

So lets support this bad boy and try and get things fixed 

^Like I've said before careful of what you wish for... you might become disappointed again.  Though I still find fun in custom games, it's the online competitive thats been tarnished this passed few months.

Message 2 of 9 (393 Views)
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I dont think anyone should use any tickets because if you do you only think about the win and not about having fun and if you lose your more than likely to be upset because you tried so hard to win.

Games are ment to be played for fun.

Message 3 of 9 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Mar 4, 2013

snake134678 wrote:

I dont think anyone should use any tickets because if you do you only think about the win and not about having fun and if you lose your more than likely to be upset because you tried so hard to win.

Games are ment to be played for fun.

if I only had to worry about myself I would be having fun . 

-------------------

Message 4 of 9 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I agree with the OP.400 points for gold just because of noobsSmiley Mad

Message 5 of 9 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

mat1995ps wrote:

I agree with the OP.400 points for gold just because of noobsSmiley Mad

i can beat that. 

lost my 6th gold by 10 points because I got team killed in the last 5 secs on the game 

-------------------

Message 6 of 9 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7462 posts

Mar 5, 2013

A much simpler fix:

When you win currently get +100 for kills, -80 for deaths, I think +20 for assists, and a wopping +1000 for the win. You also lose 20% of those points per person in your party

When you lose currently you get about 1/5 of the points for kills and no win bonus.

So to fix this just make the points you get whe you lose score the same as when you win but you just don't get the +1,000 win bonus meaning you can still get 1,000+ points for a loss if you individually do good, but it still incentivizes your team winning over your individual points. This is the best of both worlds as it still helps players who can't always do amazing but can help their teams win, while not punishing good players who get thrown on bad teams by making their individual points mean nothing just because of thier team mates making them lose.

Message 7 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

The best fix would be not give those bonus 1000 points for not winning.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 8 of 9 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2456 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Maybe do that and let people keep the prizes they won. Instead of just getting it for a week.
Message 9 of 9 (215 Views)