Aug 16 2013
By: jayjay275 Fender Bender 3480 posts

Tournament system is **bleep**

28 replies 457 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

Why is it based on team-performance? 

Just played a match using a ticket and I go 33-9, and my team still loses. -___-

Message 1 of 29 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Tournament system is **bleep**

Aug 16, 2013
Because if it's individual performance people will get platinum easily, and probably reduce ticket sales.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 29 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Aug 17, 2013

^ This

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 3 of 29 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Aug 17, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Because if it's individual performance people will get platinum easily, and probably reduce ticket sales.

This is probably exactly why. I have never seen ANY game developer desperately milk their multiplayer before it dies instead of actually fix it. 

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 4 of 29 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Aug 17, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Just played a match using a ticket and I go 33-9, and my team still loses. -___-

this week I finally had my 6th gold (only lost once with 22-9, I only needed 7 tickets for gold), and now that I have all the skins I will never ever ever do that **bleep** tournament again...

last week was the worst of all, I lost with 35-6, my teammates were 2 level 1's and 2 level 2's, while playing against a bunch of first and second legacies, then with different players I lost when I had 30-9, and then with 15-7 (while I was in a team with robinoyo, I thought that guy was a famous youtuber, but he and his teammates are pretty bad, and I lost thanks to them...), and then I had a few good matches, and when I thought 'hey, maybe I still reach gold', I got 2 times in a row the spinning ring and lost my last 2 tickets at that, I hate you so much sometimes Naughty Dog...

Message 5 of 29 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

this week I finally had my 6th gold (only lost once with 22-9, I only needed 7 tickets for gold), and now that I have all the skins I will never ever ever do that **bleep** tournament again...

last week was the worst of all, I lost with 35-6, my teammates were 2 level 1's and 2 level 2's, while playing against a bunch of first and second legacies, then with different players I lost when I had 30-9, and then with 15-7 (while I was in a team with robinoyo, I thought that guy was a famous youtuber, but he and his teammates are pretty bad, and I lost thanks to them...), and then I had a few good matches, and when I thought 'hey, maybe I still reach gold', I got 2 times in a row the spinning ring and lost my last 2 tickets at that, I hate you so much sometimes Naughty Dog...

famous youtuber =/= guaranteed good player .

Do you feel me?

Message 6 of 29 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 18, 2013
He made a montage of him owning in UCTV before. It's easy to assume he's a good player from the vid.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 29 (355 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Aug 18, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
He made a montage of him owning in UCTV before. It's easy to assume he's a good player from the vid.

True a lot of people fall for it. I don't say he is bad or anything. But if I put all my good moments together without showing my mistakes(which is usually the case in a montage) I look like the best player ever too.

But on topic: the tournament system was never good. But it has become a lot worse lately(I never play it but I am talking about playing solo as a high level in general) Since the free to play came out the game is overrun by noobs. If you are legacy 5 level 75 you are usually teamed up with these people(often 4 teammates under level 10) against average players (legacy 1-3).

This gives you an insane KDA but also a lot of loses since the level 10- people can't do anything against the legacy 1-3 players.

Everynow and then it is you against another max level matched with 8 noobs and it's just a race who can kill them the fastest and luck who's nooby teammates camp the most.

Message 8 of 29 (335 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Only play early in the morning with DLC off and face the lobby b4 you use a ticket Smiley Very Happy I usually get it in about 8 avg.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 29 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4660 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Tournament system was purely a moneymaking exercise by ND. Expecting anything good from it would be a foolish move.
Message 10 of 29 (319 Views)