Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2013
By: jayjay275 Fender Bender 3470 posts

Tournament system is **bleep**

28 replies 345 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

Why is it based on team-performance? 

Just played a match using a ticket and I go 33-9, and my team still loses. -___-

Message 1 of 29 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Re: Tournament system is **bleep**

Aug 16, 2013
Because if it's individual performance people will get platinum easily, and probably reduce ticket sales.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 29 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Aug 17, 2013

^ This

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 3 of 29 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Aug 17, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Because if it's individual performance people will get platinum easily, and probably reduce ticket sales.

This is probably exactly why. I have never seen ANY game developer desperately milk their multiplayer before it dies instead of actually fix it. 

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 4 of 29 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 17, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Just played a match using a ticket and I go 33-9, and my team still loses. -___-

this week I finally had my 6th gold (only lost once with 22-9, I only needed 7 tickets for gold), and now that I have all the skins I will never ever ever do that **bleep** tournament again...

last week was the worst of all, I lost with 35-6, my teammates were 2 level 1's and 2 level 2's, while playing against a bunch of first and second legacies, then with different players I lost when I had 30-9, and then with 15-7 (while I was in a team with robinoyo, I thought that guy was a famous youtuber, but he and his teammates are pretty bad, and I lost thanks to them...), and then I had a few good matches, and when I thought 'hey, maybe I still reach gold', I got 2 times in a row the spinning ring and lost my last 2 tickets at that, I hate you so much sometimes Naughty Dog...

Message 5 of 29 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

this week I finally had my 6th gold (only lost once with 22-9, I only needed 7 tickets for gold), and now that I have all the skins I will never ever ever do that **bleep** tournament again...

last week was the worst of all, I lost with 35-6, my teammates were 2 level 1's and 2 level 2's, while playing against a bunch of first and second legacies, then with different players I lost when I had 30-9, and then with 15-7 (while I was in a team with robinoyo, I thought that guy was a famous youtuber, but he and his teammates are pretty bad, and I lost thanks to them...), and then I had a few good matches, and when I thought 'hey, maybe I still reach gold', I got 2 times in a row the spinning ring and lost my last 2 tickets at that, I hate you so much sometimes Naughty Dog...

famous youtuber =/= guaranteed good player .

Do you feel me?

Message 6 of 29 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Aug 18, 2013
He made a montage of him owning in UCTV before. It's easy to assume he's a good player from the vid.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 29 (243 Views)
Survivor
2216 posts

Aug 18, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
He made a montage of him owning in UCTV before. It's easy to assume he's a good player from the vid.

True a lot of people fall for it. I don't say he is bad or anything. But if I put all my good moments together without showing my mistakes(which is usually the case in a montage) I look like the best player ever too.

But on topic: the tournament system was never good. But it has become a lot worse lately(I never play it but I am talking about playing solo as a high level in general) Since the free to play came out the game is overrun by noobs. If you are legacy 5 level 75 you are usually teamed up with these people(often 4 teammates under level 10) against average players (legacy 1-3).

This gives you an insane KDA but also a lot of loses since the level 10- people can't do anything against the legacy 1-3 players.

Everynow and then it is you against another max level matched with 8 noobs and it's just a race who can kill them the fastest and luck who's nooby teammates camp the most.

Signature02.png

Message 8 of 29 (223 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Only play early in the morning with DLC off and face the lobby b4 you use a ticket :smileyvery-happy: I usually get it in about 8 avg.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 29 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Tournament system was purely a moneymaking exercise by ND. Expecting anything good from it would be a foolish move.
Message 10 of 29 (207 Views)