Oct 06 2013
By: TheRapidy Lombax Warrior 152 posts

Treasure Hunting

[ Edited ]
61 replies 1373 views Edited Oct 15, 2013

Treasure hunting is one of the Uncharted 3 themes, but how boring it is to complete this little task. I have been playing for 2 years now, and I still don't have these freaking Arena treasures..
I will pay $5 for each treasure, just tell me the freaking maps or anything how to get these... 2 freaking years, it ain't funny anymore

Antiquity

• Bronze Animal, Lion Nepal (Bronze)
• Priceless Statue, Tzongkhapa Statue (Crystal)  Lost City

• Pisces, Yuan Fish (Gold) Sanctuary

Artifact

• Valuable Gold, Fibula Thogchag (Gold) Syria
• Fearsome Being, Wrathful Deity Head (Lapis-lazuli)  Finally got this one from Desert Village
• Ottoman Empire, Ottoman Bracelet (Silver)
• Tranquil Sea, Tibetan Coral Saddle Ring (Silver)

Message 1 of 62 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Treasure Hunting

Oct 6, 2013

Well, you're in the same boat as some of us, I'm afraid. The only thing you can really do is persevere. Have you tried playing Hunter Arena?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 62 (1,367 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

I play only Hunter Arena!!!!!!!
I switched to Hunter Arena when I got the same treasures every single time from Arena..

Message 3 of 62 (1,362 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Play Hunter until you have 2000+ Hunted! medals. You should get every treasure by the time you reach 2000 medals.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 4 of 62 (1,308 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

TheRapidy wrote:

Treasure hunting is one of the Uncharted 3 themes, but how boring it is to complete this little task. I have been playing for 2 years now, and I still don't have these freaking Arena treasures..
I will pay $5 for each treasure, just tell me the freaking maps or anything how to get these... 2 freaking years, it ain't funny anymore

Antiquity

• Bronze Animal, Lion Nepal (Bronze)
• Priceless Statue, Tzongkhapa Statue (Crystal)

• Pisces, Yuan Fish (Gold)

Artifact

• Valuable Gold, Fibula Thogchag (Gold)
• Fearsome Being, Wrathful Deity Head (Lapis-lazuli)  Finally got this one from Desert Village
• Ottoman Empire, Ottoman Bracelet (Silver)
• Tranquil Sea, Tibetan Coral Saddle Ring (Silver)

ya the treasure system is pretty flawed, it's really just luck based ... but you'll get them eventually if you're playing right (i noticied that you said that you do play hunter arena, are you going for the objective at all? if so then stop, only go for kills and note that only the user-controlled opponents drop treasures (NPCs don't drop them) ... so just go around killing everything and pick up as many treasure chests as possible (because they sometimes spawn in them in hunter arena)

Sitrongr wrote:

Play Hunter until you have 2000+ Hunted! medals. You should get every treasure by the time you reach 2000 medals.

i feel like i've gotten way more than that when i was still going for them, but maybe it's around there, idk o.O

Message 5 of 62 (1,303 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

Persevere.  That’s the main advice I can give.  An ND dev has asserted that all coop arena treasures have the same chance to drop.  I have my doubts but no hard data to refute it.  Even distribution might be what they intended but there really seem to be other factors that are affecting treasure drops (perhaps buried inconspicuously elsewhere in the code).

The competitive treasure sets seem to be easier to get.  A conservative estimate of the ratio of the coop to comp matches I play would be 9:1 and yet after nearly two years of playing, I have one treasure left to get for each of Coop Arena and Plunder/TO (I can’t remember from which competitive mode I’m missing a treasure) – in the end, I only really care about the coop one since that will be another trophy for me.  I could just be the victim of bad luck but with over 210,000 kills and nearly 2000 completions on the coop side (about 75% of those on Hard and Crushing), I would have thought I’d have been down to my final coop treasure needed (if not finished) long before the competitive one. 

ADVICE:  If there is ever another Rare Treasure Drop Weekend, focus on the game modes that you dislike.

As far as certain treasures dropping more frequently (or exclusively) on specific maps (this is one of the popular theories), I’m not convinced of that either.  One of the “rarest” treasures I know (even though the coop treasures aren’t supposed to be rare) is the Ivory Strange Relic.  I recall very specifically that it has dropped for me 3 times in the last year…in Plaza (when I first got it the middle of last year), Village and Sanctuary (most recently about 2 or 3 months ago while playing crushing with a friend who has needed it for as long as I can remember…I’ve known her since early 2012).  I’m sure about this because she has needed this one for a long time (she’s the one that got it with me recently on Crushing Sanctuary)…it’s been on my mind for ages and I’ve been watching for it (specifically because of the map theory).

In the last few weeks, I’ve been recording frequency of coop treasure drops.  In that time, I’ve collected data on roughly 100 treasure drops (specific treasures and the maps on which they’ve dropped).  I’ve been playing less frequently in the last month (until very recently, I played for 3 or 4 hours most days of the week) so…if I’ve collected nearly 100 treasures in the last few weeks (let’s call it a month), I think it is very conservative to estimate that in the last year, I’ve picked up 1200 (probably closer to 1500 or 2000) coop treasure drops.  If coop arena treasures drop at an equal rate, it makes no sense that out of all the coop arena treasures (70, I believe), Strange Relic has dropped only three times out of 1200 (a drop rate of .25% - even distribution should be 1.4%).  Probability is fickle but an equal drop rate would suggest that Strange Relic should have dropped at least 15 times (likely more…I’m rounding down from 17) out of 1200.

One explanation would be that I’ve missed picking up treasures.  Fair enough but I’d estimate that I’ve picked up at least 95% percent (I’m trying to be conservative but I’d actually put my % closer to 98 or 99%) of all treasures that have dropped (I routinely apologize to my friends for risking match completions to pick up treasures).  When playing with friends, I also compare my treasures with theirs.  The only time I don’t pick up treasures (or record them from info from friends' pickups) is if I can’t get to them (very rarely) or I don’t even see them (anyone that plays a fair amount of coop knows that occasionally a treasure will drop that your teammates can see but that doesn’t appear for you and it can’t be picked up, even if you know where it is).  That would mean of the treasures I’ve “missed”, 12 of them were the Strange Relic (again, assuming even distribution).  I’d be very, very surprised if the number of treasures I’ve missed in the last year has totaled more than 50 (5% of 1200 would in fact be 60).  It stretches credulity even further that I’m the victim of poor distribution for BOTH the treasure drops that I DO pick up AND for the treasure drops that I DON'T - fully a quarter to one fifth of my missed treasures were Strange Relic.  I don’t buy it.

In the end, I’m sympathetic to your plight, as I hope you can tell from my reply.  There are lots of us in the same boat.

If anyone from ND reads this and is interested in my data/methodology, please PM me…I would be delighted to share my data  or hear any feedback on what kind of data would prove most/more useful - I’m collecting that data which seems relevant to me based on what I know and what has been stated about how treasure drops work.

Message 6 of 62 (1,282 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

ya the treasure system is pretty flawed, it's really just luck based ... but you'll get them eventually if you're playing right (i noticied that you said that you do play hunter arena, are you going for the objective at all? if so then stop, only go for kills and note that only the user-controlled opponents drop treasures (NPCs don't drop them) ... so just go around killing everything and pick up as many treasure chests as possible (because they sometimes spawn in them in hunter arena)

I pick up 12-18 chests per game (3 medal pickups) , I get aprox.1-3 Just cash medals per game and I dont do anything else than try to kill enemy players..

Message 7 of 62 (1,277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Oct 8, 2013

I've said it so many times, THE DROP RATES ARE NOT EQUAL FOR TREASURES. The same treasures the Devs claim are equal. I've played since day 1, farmed co-op for a certain hunter treasure for over 1 and a half year, been to the point of 4k kills in a hunter, camp farming treasures, but still no recieved the ones I need. over 70k co-op kills, a friend with 175k co op kills and another with 110k and neither of us has yet gotten it. Played every co-op sooo many times incase it may drop in another instead but neveer once has. They will never drop clearly, I'm seriously giving up, competitive is silly with lag and boringnow, I have 17,4k kills and 6,5k deaths which is decent but sick of lag compensation in this game.

Give us new ranks! No? Ok. Smiley Sad

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/NFS-P-s-n-][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/NFS-P-s-n-.png[/IMG][/URL]

Message 8 of 62 (1,266 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 8, 2013
This is just a placebo effect, but try going into arena with another thing in mind besides treasures. It's less frustrating for you.

I mean, there are tons of reasons to enjoy Hunter anyway. Infinite ammo, what.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 62 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14387 posts

Oct 8, 2013

At this stage they should just give everyone the arena treasures.

If they wont sell them then give them. more people wearing better items and more replay value.

I'm not buying the pieces though. I'd happily buy the treasures.

Message 10 of 62 (1,252 Views)
0 Likes