Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2013
By: DampRevil First Son 19 posts

Trouble With Character Skins.

11 replies 288 views Edited Sep 9, 2013

Sorry if this is already an existing thread, but I'm having difficulties with some character skins and I was hoping someone could help me out. A while back I had to bring my PS3 in for repair and when I got it back, some of my progress had been deleted (I never did a backup). When I started playing online again, I had to download patch 1.17 which is when all the problems started. In the offline co-op mode, all of my Uncharted 3 default character skins were locked, I'm at level 25 (on the offline mode) so I should be able to buy Elena, Sully, and Chloe. However, next to the dollar sign, I get a blinking shopping cart. The blinking alternates between the dollar sign and the shopping cart. The weird thing is that the second player can use any character skin. It only doesn't work for first player.

I know this was a problem with patch 1.13, but was fixed with patch 1.14. However, when I got my console back, I didn't have the option to download patch 1.14. It just went straight to patch 1.17. In the multiplayer this isn't a problem, I can use any character I want. 

I have a video if this helps any.  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Re: Trouble With Character Skins.

Sep 9, 2013

DampRevil wrote:

(on the offline mode)

I believe this is your problem, play online.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (283 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Sep 9, 2013
The blinking means that you can buy the character either with in game money, or thru the PS store. What happens when you press X and try to purchase the ones that are unlocked?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10012 posts

Sep 9, 2013
You can buy them bro. The shopping cart means that skin is also in the PSN store, so if you happen to be too stupid to get $25,000 in UC3, you can waste real money.

Green dollar sign means it's unlocked, but you didn't buy it so there's that.

Offline's fun. That's the only way TSD and Teammate can be in the same place without TSD dying because apparently blindfire isn't common for new players and TSD has to aim the shotgun.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

That's my problem though. I'm aware that the shopping cart means they're available in the PS store, but I don't want to purchase them as DLC. I have the in-game money and I'm the right rank, but I literally can't purchase them with in-game money. When I press "x" to purchase them it just makes a beeping noise. It sounds more like the game is telling me there's an error.  The blinking is telling me that I have an option between the two, but it just doesn't let me purchase them. My only option is through DLC. I've had this game since it first came out, so I'm familiar with how the purchasing system works, but I just think it's weird that ever since I downloaded patch 1.17 everything's been messed up.

I have played online and it still doesn't work. It's only happening in the co-op mode, whether it's online or offline. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Send a PM to MacGruber310 (I think that's it).

He's a technical guy for Uncharted so he can probably fix your issue.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Thanks for the heads up!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10012 posts

Sep 9, 2013
Or, or, delete patch and game data. It might be a bad download.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 9, 2013

I was thinking about that. That may be my only option though.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Sep 9, 2013
I agree with deleting the game data and reinstalling it. It won't mess up any of your saved game stuff and has been known to solve a variety of problems.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (229 Views)
0 Likes