Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Turbo Controllers - The Thread

May 25, 2013
^ yeah I thought it would've been taken down too.

' Talk about cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. This refers specifically to anything that gives you an unfair advantage in online game play and/or interferes with the enjoyment of other players.'

*Taken from Forum Rules

Seems like that's what this thread has been doing, and on top of that it became a huge flame fest between lifeonanotherplane and everyone else lol :smileytongue:

I think the mods should just lock it, it's not worth keeping open :smileywink:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 124 (289 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3634 posts

May 25, 2013
ND should sell a "turbo" button setting. Add it to the store for $.99 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 124 (283 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 25, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
^ yeah I thought it would've been taken down too.

' Talk about cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. This refers specifically to anything that gives you an unfair advantage in online game play and/or interferes with the enjoyment of other players.'

*Taken from Forum Rules

Seems like that's what this thread has been doing, and on top of that it became a huge flame fest between lifeonanotherplane and everyone else lol :smileytongue:

I think the mods should just lock it, it's not worth keeping open :smileywink:

It depends what is regarded as cheating, turbo's strictly speaking give no more of an advantage than a booster you buy in game as everyone can do it and it isn't against any rules by ND.

A persons finger could be as fast and consistent as a turbo it is just harder to do it.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 124 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 25, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3re_Y78ZGbk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to pdiss for this, a good mini discussion on turbo's.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 124 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5848 posts

May 25, 2013

Well I always saw it as although the turbo controller doesn't do too much out of the realm of possibility for what can be achieved in-game, it still gives someone an advantage as it works constantly as a person can be fatigued from excessive pressing. Good example would be a chokehold in co-op, I can hold it pretty well, but after a while my finger cries in pain and I gotta slow down dramatically or stop altogether and get my neck snapped. Whereas a turbo controller can do it theoretically infiinetly without any drawbacks.

It is an outside advantage to any game, not everyone owns a turbo controller, so you can't say everyone really has access to it. Though I agree it gives little to no advantage over somehow, it still is an outside modification to help enhance your playing that most likely little others in the game have. That is what I see anyway.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 124 (264 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

yeah great vid as if i did not know this LMAO. Face the fact using any adjustments on your controller either using a Kontrol freek is a modification that will give u the edge.  You say educate yourself on the video like you know it all LMAO.  Face the fact that most of the top players use turbo controllers so they dont have to worry about tapping the r1 while moving side to side.  They set it for the best burst output for the gun they like. And we have pin - **bleep** saying educate yourself LMAO. And well said   nationm04.  This  thread is yet another pointless thread.

Edit : I love the start of the video " Oh i think i got a rampant in this match not sure" . Really your not sure before you posted the video?  are you ignorant ?  Also your vioce please take that c.oc.k out your mouth while you talk.  Has your mom never told you not to talk with your mouth full LMAO

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 124 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2251 posts

May 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 124 (228 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

May 26, 2013

lifeonotherplane wrote:

yeah great vid as if i did not know this LMAO. Face the fact using any adjustments on your controller either using a Kontrol freek is a modification that will give u the edge.  You say educate yourself on the video like you know it all LMAO.  Face the fact that most of the top players use turbo controllers so they dont have to worry about tapping the r1 while moving side to side.  They set it for the best burst output for the gun they like. And we have pin - **bleep** saying educate yourself LMAO. And well said   nationm04.  This  thread is yet another pointless thread.

Edit : I love the start of the video " Oh i think i got a rampant in this match not sure" . Really your not sure before you posted the video?  are you ignorant ?  Also your vioce please take that c.oc.k out your mouth while you talk.  Has your mom never told you not to talk with your mouth full LMAO

Has your  mum ever told you that sometimes you need to accept that people are better than you at something? Just because a person is good at a game or has a fast trigger finger does not make them a tryhard or guarantee that they are using a turbo controller.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 124 (224 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

May 26, 2013
@life

While you are in the PlayStation® Community Forums, there are a few things we ask you to refrain from.

Please don’t:

Accuse others of cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. We refer to this as “blacklisting” or “naming and shaming”. If you think that someone is violating the Terms of Service or the Rules of Conduct in some way, report them through the games title itself (if you can) or through the Knowledge Center. Please refrain from reporting In-Game infractions in these forums.

Troll, flame or be offensive: We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 124 (221 Views)
Sackboy
605 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

It's so sad how the forums have degenerated into with all this flaming and such. Makes me appreciate more on the vocalness of the forumers back then when it was still active among talking critique about the major issues of the multiplayer.

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 124 (303 Views)