Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

Re: Turbo Controllers - The Thread

May 20, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:
Why do people use turbo controllers?

To get an unfair advantage with semi-automatic weapons.

So then why are they allowed?

well the game can't really tell what kind of controller you're using. It is assumed that the reason the para and FAL jam when shot to quickly is to counteract turbo controllers, so you don't run into guys shooting them as fast as a kal or something.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 11 of 124 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 20, 2013
*sigh* The RoF in game is capped so turbo controllers do NOT allow you to shoot faster than the standard controller does. My friend has a turbo and he was shooting around 20 FAL-SS bullets to my 19 (un-scientific testing where lag is a factor, but I am a competent FAL-SS user).
Message 12 of 124 (563 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 20, 2013
Also I am not sure that's why the guns jam, I thought they jammed when shot inconsistently (which a turbo counteracts).
Message 13 of 124 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

May 20, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
Also I am not sure that's why the guns jam, I thought they jammed when shot inconsistently (which a turbo counteracts).

A turbo controller will let you shoot as fast as the game is supposed to let you. Its obvious when players use turbo controllers since im sure not many people can fire a Fal or a Para that quickly without it oversampling (Jamming)

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 14 of 124 (560 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 20, 2013

Sorry to go off topic Munnsy but has anyone ever heard of the Eagle Eye? Essentially it converts mouse and keyboard style imput into a PS3 controller imput (AKA, you can actually use a mouse and keyboard on your PS3. It also works with XBOX's).  There is a turbo function on it (maybe that qualifies as one topic Smiley Wink). I have been thinking about getting that. The reviews are really good and it only costs as much as another controller ($45-60). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 15 of 124 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

May 20, 2013
Luckily the Eagle Eye isn't fully supported on most online shooters. Turbo controllers are a cheap way to win gunfights with a semi-auto gun. But the keyboard and mouse (in experienced hands) is untouchable. The KB&M is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR superior to a traditional console controller.Microsoft did a study on bridging PC and Xbox gamers on a popular fps. They pitted the very best available on console vs avg PC players. They study was dumped early because of the extreme domination of the avg PC players. Combined platform online shooter experiment scrapped. I hope no one can usd the Eagle Eye effectively on games I play.
Message 16 of 124 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 21, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Luckily the Eagle Eye isn't fully supported on most online shooters. Turbo controllers are a cheap way to win gunfights with a semi-auto gun. But the keyboard and mouse (in experienced hands) is untouchable. The KB&M is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR superior to a traditional console controller.Microsoft did a study on bridging PC and Xbox gamers on a popular fps. They pitted the very best available on console vs avg PC players. They study was dumped early because of the extreme domination of the avg PC players. Combined platform online shooter experiment scrapped. I hope no one can usd the Eagle Eye effectively on games I play.

I've heard it makes a huge difference. Although it was designed specifically for the Call of Duty series, so those callibrate really easily. Uncharted however is a different story. The reason I wanted to get one is because I wanted to check out PC gaming and I don't have to actually have a nice PC to try it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 17 of 124 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 21, 2013
@Blood That's assuming you know the maximum RoF for that gun and you can change your settings.
Message 18 of 124 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 21, 2013
I remember seeing a video of U3 with EagleEye, I will link if I can find.
Message 19 of 124 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

May 21, 2013
@Blitz Source?
Message 20 of 124 (452 Views)
0 Likes