Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2013
By: x-Lad1eSMaNXx First Son 25 posts

U2 was your masterpiece. Make U4 just like U2.

[ Edited ]
5 replies 202 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

Hello community, oh my god! It's been about 8 months since I've been on here. To summarize, we all know Uncharted 2 was the best game Naughty Dog has ever created. In addition, would'nt you guys agree that if Uncharted 2 was such a great game, why would they change it so much into a downgraded game? You can tell by how many awards Uncharted 2 won and how much it sold in it's prime. Uncharted 2 was your masterpiece Naughty Dog. In my point of view, I still believe that even the great Uncharted  2 can be surpassed. I believe that, it was great bringing in the Emblems, customization and loudouts. Everything else was just not needed whatsoever. Here I will list the things that should not transfer to Uncharted 4.

-Kickbacks

-Accuracy mod

-Blindifre mod

-Definetely not Rate of fire!

Things in my opinion that should be on the nest Uncharted.

-Custom camos on weapons! this sounds great and fun to make your weapon look the best.

-Loudouts but fair ones. For example, Clip size, reload speed, scope zoom.

-No legacies, keep it unique like it was in Uncharted 2. Roman numerals up to 100. The final level should be a golden skull or a reward worth going up to.

-Bring Tournament in U4.

-Bring more variety of guns with obviously their pro's and con's.

-To conclude, make Uncharted 4 or your next Uncharted like Uncharted 2. Change it abit but not too much. You don't want it to be unfair and frustrating. Thanks for reading everyone.

Any comments, Concerns, let me know. Btw, do you guys agree? If you do please try to give it a Kudos or like the thread :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: U2 was your masterpiece. Make U4 just like U2.

Mar 24, 2013
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I do agree with you on the part that Uncharted 2 was a great game. You said "Custom Camo's" there are "Camo's" they're just guns with additions aswell, eg. Chloe's M9, or Drakes Ak-47. They all have their own unique colours, and mods. Also they're constantly adding new weapons you unlock when you get a tournament tier. What I would like to see is better weapon skins, I dislike the M9, and Kal-7 skins. I also agree with you on NO RATE OF FIRE! It's very over powered on things like the M9, and Kal-7. 

photo jordansig2_zps3e78193b.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

UC2 had no variation in comparison to UC3.

UC2 was go to the next area and shoot everyone. Everyone is blinded by the fact that the storytelling was remarkable and that the pacing was somewhat great so they've completely forgotten it. Go back and play it twice in a row and you'll notice some serious fatigue due to say the entire Nepal area being a kill them all fest. There's almost no real break. It begins great but in middle and towards the end like the Monastery, it just gets too **bleep** much.

UC3 had brawls, chase sequences, setpieces that really shook up the entire animation system and made it more dynamic, drug sequences, some slow walking moments kind of like "exploring", very well made puzzles, horse sequences, an entire monolouge in the freaking desert not to mention you don't get a gun until like a couple of hours into the game.

Add variation, it's what has made me beat UC3 27 times but struggle to complete UC2 for a 3rd time. Variation in gameplay is key.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3531 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Aldro wrote:

UC2 had no variation in comparison to UC3.

UC2 was go to the next area and shoot everyone. Everyone is blinded by the fact that the storytelling was remarkable and that the pacing was somewhat great so they've completely forgotten it. Go back and play it twice in a row and you'll notice some serious fatigue due to say the entire Nepal area being a kill them all fest. There's almost no real break. It begins great but in middle and towards the end like the Monastery, it just gets too **bleep** much.

UC3 had brawls, chase sequences, setpieces that really shook up the entire animation system and made it more dynamic, drug sequences, some slow walking moments kind of like "exploring", very well made puzzles, horse sequences, an entire monolouge in the freaking desert not to mention you don't get a gun until like a couple of hours into the game.

Add variation, it's what has made me beat UC3 27 times but struggle to complete UC2 for a 3rd time. Variation in gameplay is key.

Perhaps you are right especially the chase sequence, that was pretty exciting, but overall, I really was so much more engaged with U2. Storywise, as you said, it was stronger. I just cannot get into U3's singleplayer. I have played it once and that's it. I've beaten U2 3 times + platinum'd. The killfest at the end which I've seen a large number complain about does not damage the game's quality enough to convince me U3 is better. There's just something in U2 I prefer, I suppose. Maybe it really does come down to the story. 

Do you feel me?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

@Duke
It's not just the killfest at the end however. I'm glad you acknowledge that I am atleast not full of **bleep** :smileytongue:. I understand the freshness of UC2 and the pacing in terms of story when it arrived. But looking at them side to side, I just prefer Uncharted 3. One of the main reasons is this =>

I made this a while ago =>

This list is at the very least 95% correct in terms of area 2 area. I have tried to be as correct as possible by checking on each section before writing it.
Uncharted 2's GAMEPLAY Pacing =>

I do love the beginning of the game. But halfway in and it kinda starts getting too much. Towards the very end: While it is the end so I can understand the need for more shooting, it is still far too much due to the middle parts being ridicilously high.

UC3 has about 200 less enemies as well.

Notice the lak of brawl, chase, "explore" & setpieces in uc2. There really is 90% shooting and it makes a second run on UC2 very difficult for me personally because they dont mix it up.

Wounded in train:

Platforming

Museum in Turkey:

"Exploring", platforming, stealth, shooting with tranquilizers, platforming x2, chase scene.

Borneo:

"Exploring", platforming, stealth, shooting, "exploring" cave, minor chase scene.

Nepal:

Minor chase scene, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming,

chopper setpiece, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming, little puzzle, "exploring" cave, huge puzzle, shooting, shooting,

carrying jeff while shooting, chase scene with elena, platforming, shooting, platforming, shooting

Train to Tibet:

Platforming & shooting/stealth x6 + setpiece (chopper) within a setpiece (train) really. Wonderful environment change. Boss battle in shooting. Some free ways to tackle a situation.

Wounded in train, the return:

Platforming, stealth/shooting.

Tibet village:

"Exploring" which slows down the pace wonderfully after the rollercoaster before it.

Mountains of Tibet:

Loads of platforming and "exploring". Shooting a liiittle in middle and more towards the end. Great change of pace.

Back to the village:

Shooting, shooting, shooting, tank chase, platforming, shooting.

Car setpiece:

Shooting & platforming.

The monastery:

Platforming, stealth, shooting, shooting, platforming, platforming, stealth, shooting, shooting, shooting, platforming, shooting, setpiece with bridge, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming, platforming, shooting, shooting, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, platforming, puzzle, platforming, shooting, shooting.

Road to shambala:

Platforming x2, puzzle, shooting.

Shambala:

Chase scene, setpiece, shooting, platforming, shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting

Boss:

Shooting

Escaping shambala:

Chase scene, setpiece

And here's UC3 =>

London - Brawl introduced. Walk in streets "exploring", Platforming, Seeing **bleep** view, Puzzle, Killing w/Tranquilzer, Stealth, Shooting.

Colombia - Exploring museum, backstory!! (nothing ever made in UC). Following Sully by going through wonderful environments that REALLY help building the atmosphere of the game. Platforming. Chase scene introduced (UC2 only slightly had it and not in the same way).

France - "Exploring" jungle, platforming, puzzles, shooting, chase scene w/spiders, amazing setpiece.

Syria - Platforming. Stealth & Shootout depending on how you play. Chase scene from rpgs. Sniper killing. Tiny set piece feels here and there. Stealth & Shootout again. "Exploring" cave. Brawl with Cutter. Puzzle solving & platforming. Chase scene.

Yemen - "Exploring", platforming, chase mode that turns into brawl, puzzles, chase scene, shootout, slow walk out again -> "exploring", drug sequence, chase scene, short brawl.

Coast of Yemen - Brawl, platforming, stealth & shoot x2, vertical shooting, more platforming, insane setpiece (racing to cruise) which is abysmal compared to the real setpiece. Overall shooting in this level had a ocean simulated giving a whole new dimension. Swimming also.

Once on boat: "exploring", shootouts, stealth. GREAT setting that slows down after ballroom. Drake walks and disrupts the lightning, snapping a neck. Walks along the corridors... Interacts with environment. Im so immersed at this point due to atmosphere work, seriously. Grand finale setpiece ending that incorporates climbing and platforming with chase scenarios.

Airstrip at Yemen - "Exploring" how to advance, stealth (stealthd this fully), chase after plane, sick setpiece.

On plane - Slow crawl through ventilation. Brawl. Crazy set piece. Platforming. Shooting. Setpiece finale.

Rub al Khali - "Exploring". So immersed, I cared so incredibly much about Drake after what the game had given me.

Village in Desert -
"Exploring", platforming, shooting, horse introduced.

Caravan -
"Exploring" with horse, platforming, shooting.

Desert Storm -
"Exploring", stealth, shooting, platforming, puzzle.

Ubar -
"Exploring", Djinn shooting, chase scene, flashback chase scene, Djinn shooting x2, Shooting, some "Exploring", Shooting x2, Shooting to escape, Platforming, Crazy Setpiece.

Boss - Brawl, Platforming, Shooting during a setpiece.

From this: You can clearly tell UC3 has a rather wide variation in terms of gameplay and what it asks from the player. While some may prefer the overall story of UC2 (the more adventure/treasure hunt) over the personal story of UC3 (obsession and risk for danger) the case still stands.

I sincerely believe had UC3 been before UC2, people would have different opinions.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes