Wastelander
698 posts

Re: U3 Cosplay

Sep 7, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

its funny cause uncharted was like a tomb raider ripoff ''male lara croft'' and the pieces for the custom hero make a perfect honor in the name of miss croft

because Tomb Raider Legend came out on next gen and the playstation was coming out so they needed their own exclusive so they gathered around some of naughy dog make the ultimate awesome ripoff of a ripoff only they actually took the time to make awesome stories unlike TR ;/....

It was an alternate version of James Bond actually. The only thing somewhat similar is that both Nate and Lara are both interested in history and everything that had to do with a certain cultures/areas' history. Besides that, U3 has Bond written all over it.

Also, you think Tomb Raider never had any good stories? I'm sorry but have all the insults you've received from the entire community hit you too hard in the head? All TR's except Underworld (I'm sorry but Underworld sucked, storywise) were superb. You had to think carefully about things and on top of that, you had to aim.

i think you should replay all of them cuz you can only actually aim on the recent reboot, before that its was all various LOCK ON AIM ...i think thats how i learned to use BF...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 25 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

its funny cause uncharted was like a tomb raider ripoff ''male lara croft'' and the pieces for the custom hero make a perfect honor in the name of miss croft

because Tomb Raider Legend came out on next gen and the playstation was coming out so they needed their own exclusive so they gathered around some of naughy dog make the ultimate awesome ripoff of a ripoff only they actually took the time to make awesome stories unlike TR ;/....

It was an alternate version of James Bond actually. The only thing somewhat similar is that both Nate and Lara are both interested in history and everything that had to do with a certain cultures/areas' history. Besides that, U3 has Bond written all over it.

Also, you think Tomb Raider never had any good stories? I'm sorry but have all the insults you've received from the entire community hit you too hard in the head? All TR's except Underworld (I'm sorry but Underworld sucked, storywise) were superb. You had to think carefully about things and on top of that, you had to aim.

I actually liked Underworld's story, what did you think was not so fun about it? (sure it can't be compared with Tomb Raider 2013, the story in that game was very good, but still, I really enjoyed Underworld's story, and I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy)

I don't know... the other two stories I loved but something about Underworld I just didn't like... I think the controls were a little scrappy for me and as for the story, it was more climbing and shooting than figuring out puzzles. Sure, there were a few but not as many as there were in Anniversary.

TR'13 though definitely topped the other games for actions but not for puzzles. I mean those 'puzzle chambers' were things I could figure out in 2-3 minutes. In Anniversary, it was more fun being stuck on a puzzle for hours or even days. Well it was fun for me anyway.

Bang Bang! #SniperQueen

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 25 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

i think you should replay all of them cuz you can only actually aim on the recent reboot, before that its was all various LOCK ON AIM ...i think thats how i learned to use BF...

Click L3. That's the aim button.

Bang Bang! #SniperQueen

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 25 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2013

the L3 on the old TRs made Lara aim but she couldnt walk or run and shoot at the same time whilst in that type of halfbaked aim system....the only worthy aimable TR game was the latest reboot.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 25 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2809 posts

Sep 8, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Steven1379 wrote:

I actually liked Underworld's story, what did you think was not so fun about it? (sure it can't be compared with Tomb Raider 2013, the story in that game was very good, but still, I really enjoyed Underworld's story, and I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy)

I don't know... the other two stories I loved but something about Underworld I just didn't like... I think the controls were a little scrappy for me and as for the story, it was more climbing and shooting than figuring out puzzles. Sure, there were a few but not as many as there were in Anniversary.

TR'13 though definitely topped the other games for actions but not for puzzles. I mean those 'puzzle chambers' were things I could figure out in 2-3 minutes. In Anniversary, it was more fun being stuck on a puzzle for hours or even days. Well it was fun for me anyway.

oh I totally agree, gameplay in underworld was not so good, that camera!!! seriously, I got sick just searching for treasures because the camera goes all over the place except the place that you want to go to... but I thought you were talking about the story in the game, and I think Underworld's story was amazing, I really liked it, but yeah, the gameplay was kinda crappy...

in the new Tomb Raider I also thought it lacked puzzles, I think the climbing was alright, but the puzzles were so easy, I think gameplay wise, Tomb Raider Anniversary was the best, it had the best combat, most interesting enemies, awesome boss fights, fun and challenging puzzles, nice replay value (artifacts and relics required a lot of thinking how to get to them) and a nice story too, it's the best one for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 25 (79 Views)