First Son
3 posts

Re: U3 Profile Resets Fix

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

I have no proof of my level and stuff but i have two choices.

1. I do it all over agian.

2. Or just quit the game for good.

I'm thinking of picking the Second choice right now.

Message 51 of 167 (857 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Do you still have all your items or cinemas? If so try to let them know about the items and money you approximately had. It's good to at least try to use the proof you do have.

I run a YouTube variety channel: The Puppet Hound Z Show. It features gaming, travel tours and tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/ZHX1138
Message 52 of 167 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Sparky-Wes wrote:

Check your online stats. It has all the matches you've played listed, even if you've been reset. Instant proof. Also if you've yet to play either a Co-op or Competetive match since you were reset then just take a pic of the leaderboard for the matchtype you haven't played in since you were reset and it will show you at your old level (because the leaderboards update with what level you were when you last played them, so this also unfortunately means that if you hadn't played Co-op for 10 levels when you were reset it would show you at the level you were when you last played which may not have been the level you were when you were reset but it's still proof).

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 53 of 167 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
593 posts

Nov 12, 2012

SpikeDude54 wrote:
Thanks a lot for actually doing something about it 4 MONTHS after it happened! I was second legacy and I lost everything and since no info was available I had to keep playing. Now I am almost second legacy again! So hanks a lot :smileymad:

We didn't have the backup in place until 1.13 shipped since it wasn't an issue at first. We moved as quickly as possible to ensure your profiles could be saved if need be. 

Message 54 of 167 (702 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
593 posts

Nov 12, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

We don't vanish. We're monitroing the conversation and letting other people talk. 

But that's like being a neglectful mother to thousands of crying children imo. No offense. Your words can comfort them.

I guess it's better late than never. Good job, I suppose. I wonder how did you solve this and why now? 

Mother and children?! Man, that's a tough metaphor. I'd like to think we're all adults here or at least we act like it. We certainly aren't all mothers here. Ha. 

We solved it by implementing the backup for the profiles around 1.13. We have a working solution for it that we have to test now so we want people to report it when it happens so we can make sure it's working properly. 

Message 55 of 167 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
593 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Hitchen97175 wrote:

What does it mean by evidence?

All thats got reset is my time, can that get changed?

PLEASE HELP!!!

I got passed level 10 before the reset... Does that mean I'm screwed? I'm level 67 now!

yes, if you passed level 10 after you get reset. If you went 1 to 67 already we can't restore them anymore.

Message 56 of 167 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
593 posts

Nov 12, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

FredFai wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

We don't vanish. We're monitroing the conversation and letting other people talk. 

But that's like being a neglectful mother to thousands of crying children imo. No offense. Your words can comfort them.

I guess it's better late than never. Good job, I suppose. I wonder how did you solve this and why now? 

They didn't fix it, just added a back up as a failsafe against further occurrences of it. Also they actually told us a few months back that they were working on a back up because they couldn't reproduce the glitch and fix it.

Exactly. Thanks for the clarification for eveyrone.  :smileyhappy:

Message 57 of 167 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
593 posts

Nov 12, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Alright, keep your wishlist in the wishlist thread. This is a about profile resets. Anyway, have you guys figured out what's causing it?

We have a backup system in place now. The cause still isn't something we can reproduce in-house so we haven't figured out the cause. We do have a working fix that we need to verify with people who get reset. 

Message 58 of 167 (697 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4172 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Alright, keep your wishlist in the wishlist thread. This is a about profile resets. Anyway, have you guys figured out what's causing it?

We have a backup system in place now. The cause still isn't something we can reproduce in-house so we haven't figured out the cause. We do have a working fix that we need to verify with people who get reset. 

Would my thread from Feb be of any help?

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign
Message 59 of 167 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
593 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Sparky-Wes wrote:

Online stats work. We've looked at yours and will try to reset. 

Message 60 of 167 (693 Views)
0 Likes