Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

oops post... :smileyindifferent:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 31 of 71 (405 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 24, 2013

As far as customs games go:

U2 - Cons: Spawns, Grenades, Launch Man, Rocket Man.

U3 - Cons: Blindfire, Aim Assist, Stopping Power.

 

Obviously lag is a issue in both but there is nothing ND can do about that. :smileytongue:

Message 32 of 71 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/30/2011
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

As far as customs games go:

U2 - Cons: Spawns, Grenades, Launch Man, Rocket Man.

U3 - Cons: Blindfire, Aim Assist, Stopping Power.

 

Obviously lag is a issue in both but there is nothing ND can do about that. :smileytongue:


I never really got the whole Launch Man and Rocket Man boosters being a con, I never used them myself cause I found that it wasn't useful at all.

 

With spawns which were/still are very predictable it wasn't smart to use it against me, the moment I knew someone was using 1 of the 2 I always made sure I would be at the powerweapon the moment it spawned, and most of the time it worked.

 

Besides it granting 4 almost guaranteed kills everytime the user got that specific powerweapon, it wasn't the best choice...

and definitely not on maps with only 1 powerweapon (fort).

 

If someone really wanted powerweapons I would recommend Bandoleer, it gave 9 dragon sniper bullets and also 9 shotgun bullets when picked up, and there always were multiple of those laying around the map if there were any. And they also had shorter respawn times.

So in my opinion that would be more of a con than the other 2 boosters, but I don't see it as a con as I love the dragon sniper with Bandoleer :smileywink:

Message 33 of 71 (350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Online
5033 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013
Good video. I agree with everything. Literally everything. The only thing you didn't mention that I feel is a huge improvement in U3 is the spawn system. U2 spawns ARE SO BAD.
Message 34 of 71 (320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2614 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

TBH, I never like the spawns in either game.

UC2 is the game where its possible to spawn directly in front of the Village tank and the bad UC3 spawns become more apparent when you're Lone Wolfing.

TOO METAL


2metal4me
Message 35 of 71 (302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13774 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

The only thing IMO that is wrong with Uncharted 2 is bunny hopping. Well and how Evasion isn't a level 1 unlock.

 

Every other aspect of Uncharted 2 is better, shame bunny hopping looks even worse than the blindfire sprint stuff... both are game breakers. the hopping is a game destroyer though. It's way worse and lowers the overall quality feel of the product.

 

So does the sprint thing but I somehow think I'd rather deal with that. .At least they are holding more than one button as opposed to just mashing x.



Message 36 of 71 (292 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

munnsy1 wrote:

As far as customs games go:

U2 - Cons: Spawns, Grenades, Launch Man, Rocket Man.

U3 - Cons: Blindfire, Aim Assist, Stopping Power.

 

Obviously lag is a issue in both but there is nothing ND can do about that. :smileytongue:


I never really got the whole Launch Man and Rocket Man boosters being a con, I never used them myself cause I found that it wasn't useful at all.

 

With spawns which were/still are very predictable it wasn't smart to use it against me, the moment I knew someone was using 1 of the 2 I always made sure I would be at the powerweapon the moment it spawned, and most of the time it worked.

 

Besides it granting 4 almost guaranteed kills everytime the user got that specific powerweapon, it wasn't the best choice...

and definitely not on maps with only 1 powerweapon (fort).

 

If someone really wanted powerweapons I would recommend Bandoleer, it gave 9 dragon sniper bullets and also 9 shotgun bullets when picked up, and there always were multiple of those laying around the map if there were any. And they also had shorter respawn times.

So in my opinion that would be more of a con than the other 2 boosters, but I don't see it as a con as I love the dragon sniper with Bandoleer :smileywink:


This is in customs where that extra ammo helps to gain control over a area, also 4 RPG's every 2 minutes is nothing to laugh at, in a campy match a RPG every 30 seconds is WOW. It is hard to explain if you have never played them.

Message 37 of 71 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/18/2012
Offline
21 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

I just went back to playing Uncharted 2 today. What a difference!

 

Te game feels VERY responsive. No lag is really noticeable on my end.

 

Weapons have a "heavy hitting" feel to it. 

 

It takes WAY LESS shots to kill an enemy. Running and gunning can still be accomplished though. Cover system is very important in that game as opposed to almost useless on U3.

 

Spawns are bad, but so are Uncharted 3's.

 

Although U2 is the simpler game, it feels more like a level playing field than U3. Boosters and Kickbacks are just too powerful for my taste.

 

Besides, I hate the lag on U3 with my whole body and soul.

 

Naughty dog had something excellent going for their multiplayer on U2 and that got lost with the "Call-of-Dutyzation" of Uncharted 3. IF I WANTED TO PLAY CoD, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT CoD!!!

 

 

Message 38 of 71 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
19092 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

easy_target77 wrote:

Cover system is very important in that game as opposed to almost useless on U3. 


 

Cover is absolutely useless in UC2. The fact that UC2 has corner shooting and such low health, staying still and poking your head out of cover is a surefire way to get yourself killed.

 

Believe me, it's just as useless in both games.

Message 39 of 71 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/06/2011
Offline
156 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

Uncharted 2 pros -

 

Good enough aim assist with the reticle, good aiming system

maps

useful side weapons

pick up weapons

power weapons easy to use

 

cons-

blindfire high aim assist

bunny hopping

spawns

situational awareness

lobby doesn´t work

glitches everywhere

extreme lag

proximity chat

useless boosters

 

uncharted 3 pros

Sprint

More Health

treasure system (to an extent)

customization

compared to UC2, it is pretty much glitch free

 

uncharted 3 cons

asymetrical maps

weak side arms

blindfire fest

SA x3

paid boosters

worse graphics than UC2

awful aim system. Semi automatics have more recoil than autos

 

 

Message 40 of 71 (245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes