Reply
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2177 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 25, 2013

Cruel_Heathcliff wrote:

Uncharted 2 pros -

 

Good enough aim assist with the reticle, good aiming system

maps

useful side weapons

pick up weapons

power weapons easy to use

 

cons-

blindfire high aim assist

bunny hopping

spawns

situational awareness

lobby doesn´t work

glitches everywhere

extreme lag

proximity chat

useless boosters

 

uncharted 3 pros

Sprint

More Health

treasure system (to an extent)

customization

compared to UC2, it is pretty much glitch free

 

uncharted 3 cons

asymetrical maps

weak side arms

blindfire fest

SA x3

paid boosters

worse graphics than UC2

awful aim system. Semi automatics have more recoil than autos

 

 


Agreed with all but the last one, even Black Ops 2 has their semi-auto's with high recoil.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 71 (379 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/02/2009
Offline
954 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

U2 1.04

 

- Balanced non-corridor&hotspot designed maps, designed as a cover shooter

- Cover movements are all faster in U2 and much more usefull because of the map design

- Superiour aiming system, including weapon reticles

- Balanced weapons

- Seperate hitboxes

- No delays when aiming while hanging or when tossing a nade

- Balanced blindfire mechanic, only really usefull with Blindfire booster equipped

- Destroyable cover

- Superiour character designs

 

Cons: No seperate party playlist, glitchers.

 

 

U3

 

- Able to toss a nade while jumping

- No 5 not alives alike medals in OB

- No K/D stats in Plunder

- High Fives

 

Cons could be Pros, when ND wouldnt **bleep** it up everytime.

- Sprint, when its not so freaking OP that it makes cover useless

- Nade throwback, if it would be a booster.

- Character guns, when not quipped with mods

- Customistation, if Drake would getting wet.

- Loadouts, if only 1 mod per gun would be allowed

 

Cons: Cheap **bleep** non-cover & tight-corridor blindfire map design, Blindfire astronomical high that makes CQC to 1.05 damage fights, 1.05 Sniper&GMfAL, the **bleep**&roll glitch,  No real hitboxes, ROF mods, Partys allowed in default matchmaking and an OP Kickback system.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 71 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2177 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 26, 2013

Alright here are my opinions between UC2 and UC3

 

UC2

 

Pros

  • Better aiming system
  • smoother feel to the game
  • Weapons were well balanced
  • Blindfire was somewhat better

 

Cons

  • Lack of customization
  • Low health from 1.05
  • Lag was worse due to less life
  • Loads of unfixed glitches (Eg. Plunder run glitch)
  • Corner shooting
  • Ridiculous level up system

 

UC3

 

Pros

  • Customization
  • Faster paced
  • Game allows more flexibility for playstyles
  • Legacies
  • A much better system of leveling up
  • Treasure system (Despite its flaws)
  • Mesh Maps
  • More health
  • Fixed a lot of Uncharted 2 glitches
  • Sprint (Although not balanced it is still a good feature)
  • Kickbacks (Although poorly implemented are still a good idea)
  • T-Bolt

 

Cons

  • Lag
  • Party splits
  • Blindfire
  • ROF
  • Buggy climbing mechanics
  • Kal-7

 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 71 (335 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/02/2009
Offline
402 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 31, 2013

With GMRcris' reason topic, I remembered this topic.

 

Something a lot of people seem to forget (Since I doubt a lot of people would actually like it) is that all power weapons spawned exactly 2 minutes after being picked up. In comparison, power weapons take 3 minutes to respawn. When you take into consideration that a lot of the maps in U2 had a bunch of power weapons, it was incredibly easy to spam power weapons and players almost always had a power weapon in their hands throughout the entire match.

 

Besides other minor things, such as the muting system, the lack of late joining, and a couple of other things, someone people also seem to think lag wasn't as bad in U2, when it was just as bad, if not worse. As others have a mentioned, a number of glitches that were never fixed break a lot of modes such a Plunder (Complete waste of time to even bother playing it, as you just run into glitchers running with the idol), Situational Awareness camping which kinda forced you to use Evasion if you didn't want to get cheaped, ect.

 

Really the only good things I'd say are good about U2 is the aiming, some of the custom game options, and the Co-op.
 As it is now, I'd say it's one a game that may seem fun when you go back to play it for a couple of matches, but if you continue to play it for too much longer, you'll soon grow to hate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 71 (292 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 31, 2013

I play both games on a consistent basis, and, while UC2 is an amazing game, it's not absolutely perfect. Don't get me wrong, I love UC2, but the way people play it online can be incredibly annoying: spawn killing, camping, and, above all, Situational Awareness (or, as I like to call it, Bitchuational Awareness).
I think Uncharted 2's Co-Op is far superior to UC3's, and the aiming mechanics in general are much better.

Uncharted 3 can be equally annoying, sometimes. People seem unaware of the L1 button's actual purpose, they camp, and the lag in this game is sometimes unbearable.

Suggestions: Remove all forms and variants of SA in all future Uncharted titles (UC3 still has quite a few), make blindfire a lot less accurate, fix Smoke Bomb, remove Quick Boom, remove the M9's Rate of Fire mod, fix the aim assist on the snipers, and add a region lock toggle. It would be nice to be able to play HC again, too.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 71 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
15217 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Mar 31, 2013

What it really comes down to is the company's inability to recognise what was best in UC2, and bring it to UC3.  We can posit a similar inability moving forward to UC4.

 

Then, their inability to repair broken game issues and broken programming.  There are still issues we saw in UC2 that aren't fixed now.  How is it that party splits still happen?   I mean... how exactly is that?  Oh, wait, you can get assless chaps, so woot!

 

Look how long it took to remove kills from Plunder, and to properly balance the medals/cash.

 

Months.   And More than a year, even though UC2 demosntrated how much better Objective game modes were with those implementations.

 

The effort and thought here is greatly appreciated.  But game decisions are being made by morons, random lottery or hamsters.   Our input is essentially immaterial.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 71 (269 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
4797 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Apr 1, 2013

Orochidude wrote:

 As it is now, I'd say it's one a game that may seem fun when you go back to play it for a couple of matches, but if you continue to play it for too much longer, you'll soon grow to hate it.


That is definitely true.

 

In economics there's a thing called the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility.

 

Basically as a person increases consumption of a product - while keeping consumption of other products constant - there is a decline in the marginal utility that person derives from consuming each additional unit of that product.

 

What this means is in terms of Uncharted 3, you play Uncharted 3 constantly over a period of days. Everytime you do so your enjoyment of the game will decrease until you no longer want to play it anymore. Take a break from it over a period of days, weeks or months and you may end up liking the game again.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 71 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/15/2012
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Apr 2, 2013

scootgar wrote:

What it really comes down to is the company's inability to recognise what was best in UC2, and bring it to UC3.  We can posit a similar inability moving forward to UC4.

 

Then, their inability to repair broken game issues and broken programming.  There are still issues we saw in UC2 that aren't fixed now.  How is it that party splits still happen?   I mean... how exactly is that?  Oh, wait, you can get assless chaps, so woot!

 

Look how long it took to remove kills from Plunder, and to properly balance the medals/cash.

 

Months.   And More than a year, even though UC2 demosntrated how much better Objective game modes were with those implementations.

 

The effort and thought here is greatly appreciated.  But game decisions are being made by morons, random lottery or hamsters.   Our input is essentially immaterial.


Okay, debbie downer.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 71 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
9751 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Apr 2, 2013
Negative nancy
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 71 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/04/2009
Offline
5829 posts
 

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Apr 11, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

I play both games on a consistent basis, and, while UC2 is an amazing game, it's not absolutely perfect. Don't get me wrong, I love UC2, but the way people play it online can be incredibly annoying: spawn killing, camping, and, above all, Situational Awareness (or, as I like to call it, Bitchuational Awareness).
I think Uncharted 2's Co-Op is far superior to UC3's, and the aiming mechanics in general are much better.

Uncharted 3 can be equally annoying, sometimes. People seem unaware of the L1 button's actual purpose, they camp, and the lag in this game is sometimes unbearable.

Suggestions: Remove all forms and variants of SA in all future Uncharted titles (UC3 still has quite a few), make blindfire a lot less accurate, fix Smoke Bomb, remove Quick Boom, remove the M9's Rate of Fire mod, fix the aim assist on the snipers, and add a region lock toggle. It would be nice to be able to play HC again, too.


Oh, you're absolutely correct. UC2 is FAR from a perfect experience. The game is populated by d-bags who have become pupils of the game for the past few years and learned every dirty trick/exploit that exists. They'll waste no time using them against you even if you've done nothing to them.

 

As it stands for me now, it's a toss-up. I like UC2's core gameplay mechanics more, but the game is old; support of the game by ND ended nearly 3 years ago and the community is no longer what it once was, naturally. On the other hand, I can't stand some of UC3's ridiculous design decisions and seemingly steps backward since UC2; however, I really like how ND has continued to support the game well past its release as well as all of the extra in-game content/unlocks to keep you playing for longer.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 71 (134 Views)