Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: UC2 vs. UC3 - The pros and cons of each in retrospect

Apr 12, 2013

i played UC2 online so many times and its empty you stay like more than 5 min just to find a party and its much easier when you aim and its full of camping people , im on level 24 in UC2 and i have over 500 kills and less than 200 deaths , however the story mode is amazing and i enjoyed every single moment .

lets back to UC3 ok i agree that the story is crap but he online is amazign the legacy mode the boosters medal kickbacks the co-op everything

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 51 of 71 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 12, 2013

amine-griffy wrote:

i played UC2 online so many times and its empty you stay like more than 5 min just to find a party and its much easier when you aim and its full of camping people , im on level 24 in UC2 and i have over 500 kills and less than 200 deaths , however the story mode is amazing and i enjoyed every single moment .

lets back to UC3 ok i agree that the story is crap but he online is amazign the legacy mode the boosters medal kickbacks the co-op everything

Amazing? o.O

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 52 of 71 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 12, 2013
My feels:

Uncharted 2 pre-1.05:

Pros

-Better aiming system (ex. Lower aim assist)
-Better cover animations, could reload while changing directions in cover
-Good weapon balance
-Separate hitboxes
-Shooting while climbing was managable
-Blindfiring from cover worked
-Blindfire in general less effective
-Headshotting in Co-op actually did something

Cons

-Situational Awareness
-Corner shooting
-Shotgun spamming
-Bunnyhopping
-Glitching
-Leveling took forever
-Silent skins (skeletons, Hale, Cole, etc.)

Uncharted 3:

Pros

-Minimal glitching
-No corner shooting (except a from firing from specific cover spots, while in cover)
-Hitmarkers
-Customization
-Tenzin buffed

Cons

-Offensive kickbacks are dumb (IMO)
-Cover sucks
-Unified hotboxes
-Blindfire is dumb
-Sniper aim assist is bad
-Rate of Fire mod
-Co-op gets no love
-Many technical issues that have not been resolved since Subway Beta
-Microtransactions, not bad if we could buy the microtrans items with in-game cash for a high price
-loltournament
-Chloe's **bleep** nerfed

Cons for both games

-Revenge
-Some climbing spots have issues
-No way to control when you want to roll or take cover (like tapping circle for cover, hold for roll)
-Some map spots are great for team camping (top of DV, bottom room of Temple, side stairs in MR)

As you can see, I'm biased towards pre-1.05 U2. But if we kept things like the U3 Summer Beta and fixed some things like the AK's RoF and M9's uselessness, I would like U3 more.

Message 53 of 71 (482 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 12, 2013

What we can probably all agree on is that Uncharted 3 is FUBAR.

Message 54 of 71 (424 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

amine-griffy wrote:

Amazing? o.O

This is exactly what I was talking about.

Hey I'm a level 24 and I think U2 is garbage.

YOU HAVE NEARLY NO TIME INTO THE GAME.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 55 of 71 (391 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Well, uh...

If he didn't like it after a short time, I don't think he'd stay to see if it gets better.

Like me and Max Payne 3.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 56 of 71 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

I thought the same about BF3 now I have 950 hrs into it.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 57 of 71 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 12, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

BF3 is annoying and frustrating to new players, but once you start playing the objectives to the best of your ability and learning the vehicles it really is one of the best FPS on the market.

Message 58 of 71 (299 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

BF3 is annoying and frustrating to new players, but once you start playing the objectives to the best of your ability and learning the vehicles it really is one of the best FPS on the market.

Thank you for sharing that.

It's hard to get people to have an open mind, and try some thing new.

When I mean try I mean give it a real effort.

I once got into an arguement with some one on here about it really being a good game.

This person told me that they bought it and got spawn killed 3 or 4 times in a row on conquest and took the game back.

He took it back with out knowing you choose your spawn in conquest.

Shame.

I bet the numerous new players spawning on syria to be greated by a t-bolt thought U3 was the best.

Message 59 of 71 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

I play both games on a consistent basis, and, while UC2 is an amazing game, it's not absolutely perfect. Don't get me wrong, I love UC2, but the way people play it online can be incredibly annoying: spawn killing, camping, and, above all, Situational Awareness (or, as I like to call it, Bitchuational Awareness).
I think Uncharted 2's Co-Op is far superior to UC3's, and the aiming mechanics in general are much better.

Uncharted 3 can be equally annoying, sometimes. People seem unaware of the L1 button's actual purpose, they camp, and the lag in this game is sometimes unbearable.

Suggestions: Remove all forms and variants of SA in all future Uncharted titles (UC3 still has quite a few), make blindfire a lot less accurate, fix Smoke Bomb, remove Quick Boom, remove the M9's Rate of Fire mod, fix the aim assist on the snipers, and add a region lock toggle. It would be nice to be able to play HC again, too.

Oh, you're absolutely correct. UC2 is FAR from a perfect experience. The game is populated by d-bags who have become pupils of the game for the past few years and learned every dirty trick/exploit that exists. They'll waste no time using them against you even if you've done nothing to them.

As it stands for me now, it's a toss-up. I like UC2's core gameplay mechanics more, but the game is old; support of the game by ND ended nearly 3 years ago and the community is no longer what it once was, naturally. On the other hand, I can't stand some of UC3's ridiculous design decisions and seemingly steps backward since UC2; however, I really like how ND has continued to support the game well past its release as well as all of the extra in-game content/unlocks to keep you playing for longer.

It makes me kind of sad, because UC3 could have been much better than it currently is... On the other hand, you're quite right about ND's continued support. It's always nice to know a company listens to its community, even if some of their fixes leave a bit to be desired.
As far as Uncharted 2 is concerned, it's hard to enjoy it nowadays, because of all the cheaters and a-holes that infest it Smiley Sad I still like it, since the handguns are actually viable weapons in that game, and I've always thought that pistols were cooler than rifles Smiley Very Happy

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 60 of 71 (235 Views)
0 Likes