Jan 18 2014
By: fyiByas I Only Post Everything 1109 posts

UC3 Co-op is Terrible in my opinion. How UC PS4 can be better.

[ Edited ]
53 replies 508 views Edited Jan 19, 2014

You might think this is a hate thread but I got my reasons! :smileymad:

Sorry if you don't agree with me.   

-First is Bullet sponges, Enemies are not fun to kill and it's repetitive. In UC2 you can kill enemies as fast as they killed you. (cover mattered)

-Lack of variety in the enemies, I want to see different enemies do different things. Djinns are not fun to kill maybe add skeletons or Shambala Guardians. Hell more weapons the better I say!

-Treasures,  person who design the treasures is probably the same person who did the Tournament. Treasures should be found in hidden secrets (like behind a broken wall, puzzle, or laying around somewhere)  or can be obtained from doing speedruns / killing unique enemies. Give people incentive to replay tons of times.

- Better Level Design, Adventure maps are way too linear in my opinion. Need multiple paths and bigger areas!  Copy/Paste areas from Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves is unacceptable! No offense  

Here's examples of fun co-op games! Warning Spoilers below:

I hope Naughty Dog will learn from the mistakes in their next game. (Doubt it) Though I want you to at least TRY making a better Multiplayer PLEASE.  You can do it!  I believe in you Naughty Dog!  Though I doubt it... 

Message 1 of 54 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9568 posts

Re: Co-op is Terrible in my opinion

Jan 18, 2014
Of course cover matters...

Message 2 of 54 (496 Views)
Wastelander
699 posts

Jan 18, 2014

Actually CoOp is better this time around

in TDM you spawn closer to your buddy if possible

CoOp arena was an improved version of coop game modes from U2, giving us survival/plunder/siege agaisnt waves on enemy ai while online as buddies while making it a fast fun way to earn big ammounts of cash and xp for dedication to motivate us to finish the match and get ready to confront more dificult setting as we unprrage our coop loadout

CooP adventure was a bit held back compared to U2 coop adventure, but atleast it plays just like the Mp and not the SP

I just wish i could use my custume hero/villain

Coop Shade was meh and they get on my nerve but w/e they had already wasted their time on this and people liked it(few)

they say it makes more money and xp compared to other match types but idk, idcare never played it
 that much o see

Some of Us like to get away from all the competivive spirit and freeforalls and get some teamwork survival action, were they competition is about who can get more kills and die less from the tree playes put together...

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 3 of 54 (491 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Jan 18, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
Of course cover matters...

In a way your right, but it don't feel the same because of sprint. 

Steven1379 wrote: 

Actually CoOp is better this time around

No it's dead, hardly anyone plays it anymore for good reason. 

Message 4 of 54 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11233 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I think the co-op adventure maps were fun. They were all unique and had different bosses and we had to come up with different strategies.

But Arena is so repetitive... and the enemies are bullet sponges, 100% agree with you on that.

The treasure thing was a good idea but it just wasn't done right (like everything else in this game...). Players hate things based on luck, don't developers know that? It's not wether you're good or not, you just need to play it countless times for it to drop. I hate the treasure system. Everyone does.

Message 5 of 54 (465 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

renatabls wrote:
I think the co-op adventure maps were fun. They were all unique and had different bosses and we had to come up with different strategies.

I can sorta relate,  The Fort DLC in my opinion is the best  because level design was a little more open.  But still... it's content from UC1. :/   

For me making a Thread thats really should've been made in 2012 is redundant.  I'm sorry for making a thread like this but I just feel if ND knew maybe they can change and make UC4's multiplayer better.  

I want them to take a new direction, hopefully they don't do a UC3 clone. Because despite me putting 7 days time on UC3 and 7 days time on UC2, everyone knows the changes between the two. Whether it's better or worse, it don't matter.

Edit:

Skins isn't going to make multiplayer better...   bigger level design and unique A.I. is gonna help obviously. Along with improved mechanics for climbing / cover.

Message 6 of 54 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9568 posts

Jan 19, 2014
Stat hats would make the game way better.

Message 7 of 54 (444 Views)
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Jan 19, 2014

fyiByas wrote:

You might think this is a hate thread but I got my reasons! :smileymad:

Sorry if you don't agree with me.   

-First is Bullet sponges, Enemies are not fun to kill and it's repetitive. In UC2 you can kill enemies as fast as they killed you. (cover mattered)

My #1 reason I prefer UC2 coop.
Also the reason why I'm scared to play Borderlands. 

Do you feel me?

Message 8 of 54 (438 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I think co-op is pretty decent. The only bullet sponges are in Shade Survival and some of the bosses in Adventure. Even the brutes in Arena can be killed instantly with a single cluster bomb throw correctly.

Co-op just kinda got too easy in general. Typically, I only play it when I'm helping someone get their star or a trophy.

I think it would be cool if there was an Arena mode that had endless rounds. Basically each round gets more and more difficult and you just keep going til you fail. There would need to be some type of online save feature. I think there was another game that had this kind of mode.

More variety always helps too.

And yea, more stat hats. Always more stat hats.
Message 9 of 54 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Jan 19, 2014
Plenty of folks still play it. They just don't play public matches. Randoms are impossible and are to be avoided.

Disagree with almost everything the OP has listed. NDI has some of the toughest, most challenging Co-Op on the market. Most companies don't even bother.

For a true grinder none of those things are issues.
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 10 of 54 (429 Views)