Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Co-op is Terrible in my opinion

Jan 19, 2014

Coop adventure was pretty fun this time..but I liked the maps on U2 more.  

The other co-op modes are god awful.  There's just no way around it, it's just bad and I agree with a lot of what the OP is saying.  After playing so much co-op and enjoying the competitive aspect of the MP going and playing through co-op it's just not fun because it takes hundreds of bullets to kill and you die instantly.  Well then again I guess that's how competitive multiplayer is now though.... 

hopefully co-op is more thought out in U4....or just dropped completely.  Anything other than adventure was just a waste of development time and even adventure has its flaws.  

Message 11 of 53 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14140 posts

Jan 19, 2014

Co-op arena isn't fun.

I don't know why ND did it, no one played siege on Uncharted 2. No one liked it. There is nothing less fun than being limited to a little circle in a mode where you could be free to run around.

Message 12 of 53 (379 Views)
MVP Support
12432 posts

Jan 19, 2014

I’m not really a co-op player. I would probably play the co-op modes in Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception more if I could play as my favorite villains. If I would like to be able to play as my favorite villains then I’m pretty much stuck with the competitive modes.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 13 of 53 (371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I have A LOT of friends who thoroughly enjoy co-op. That's reason alone to keep it around. Not every person is going to like every mode. I started off as a strictly co-op player. And played with randoms to work my way thru a couple legacies.

I definitely think there could be improvements. More co-op modes, more maps, more adventure maps etc.

I also think it would be awesome if some type of survival mode was available even for one person to play it alone. Allowing at least 4 people to party up and play co-op would be cool too. Each person could have a buddy which could make things cool in a few ways.

And, once again, I love the idea of an endless survival mode. Unlimited rounds that progressively get more difficult.

Adding some co-op mission modes would also be nice. Different modes that had different objectives to accomplish.

And finally, along with choosing the difficulty, the number of players in the party should impact the difficulty too.

I think ND did a good job overall with co-op. But I also think there's plenty of room to expand on it and make it even better.
Message 14 of 53 (361 Views)
Wastelander
872 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I like co-op, its a nice breakaway from the competetive side of the game when your having a bad time at competetive modes.

WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINION'S, THIS IS MINE Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 53 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
872 posts

Jan 19, 2014
Also hopefully they may do a unlimited survival for u4 like @natiom04 suggested. I hope anyway
Message 16 of 53 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3798 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2014

All the people who dislike Co-op are always Comp vets. What a surprise.

Maybe I should make a thread about how Competitive sucks balls as well and invite all the Co-op players to join the fun.

How is Dark Souls Co-op better? Besides, the game is from a completely different genre, *why* are we comparing the two? Anyway, DkS has lot more issues than UC3's co-op. For example:

• Horrible lag, even worse than Uncharted's (Thanks p2p)
  • This causes ridiculous amount of unfair backstabs AKA teleporting from miles away, and backstabbing you even when you were facing the person, instead of showing them your back.
  • Players don't take any damage (and I've done this too, its really easy) when you hit 'em. Spell or weapon strike, doesn't matter. Usually triggered when you hit an enemy during rolling animation.
  • Co-op is limited. There's always fog blocking the exits to previous/next areas so you can't just go anywhere you'd feel like. Also, you can only get assistance in your world if the boss isn't defeated. Only way to co-op "infinite" times is to get summoned as phantom. In other words, not being a host.
  • Invaders. How is Dark Souls Co-op fun if there's every once in awhile some OP Japanese (honestly, JPs are really the only people you see there these days) guy who has beaten the game 10 times using a soul level 1 character (AND is wearing the end game gear) invading you and killing you over and over again, making it difficulty to Co-op play.
  • Summoning times and summoning in general. "Summoning failed" (happens more often at the start of your session), long summoning times, "old" signs take long to disappear etc.
  • Quitting the game when invaders are coming. Invaders hate this, and I admit, it's a really stupid trick, but it seems to be the only way to Co-op properly. Whenever you put a summon sign down when you're alive (AKA, not Hollow) it disappears when you're getting invaded.

Even if you're you aren't trying to summon anyone, or get summoned yourself, you know you're getting invaded if your 

soap sign or homeward bone turns grey, or fog appears out of nowhere and block the doorways. How to fix it? Exit to  

main  menu. Yeeeeeah, you show 'em you buddy! No one's invading you now! It only lasts for a few seconds though, so 

you gotta keep doing it over and over again.

Same thing happens if you're waiting for your buddy to summon you. Your friend either has to:

1. Hope that he summons you before the invader comes and kills him.
  2. Keep quitting to main menu every time invader is coming.
  • Unbalanced weapons and builds. Here are few examples:
  1. Elemental weapons. No matter how many times they nerf elemental weapons, they will always be a problem. The fact that elemental weapons do a good amount of damage and don't scale with STR/DEX or any other weapon stat at all, people can focus on raising their other stats like Vitality, Endurance etc.I've actually tried this few times myself. When I was using a elemental weapon, and my friend using a regular one, I already had 50 vitality when he had around 20-25.
  2. Sorceries. Oh the times a player wearing no armor at all, with 50 Intelligence, TCC and other sorcery boosting items just casts Crystal spear or Dark bead and one hits me. And I can't hit him/her thanks to lag. Dodging is useless as well, s/he'll hit you anyway.
  3. Pyromancies. Like elemental weapons, these don't scale with INT/FAITH so you can focus on other stats. Great combustion/Black flame are invaders' favorites in addition to Firestorm/Tempest.
  4. Miracles. WOTG, nuff said.

• New Game Plus and Online. Like I said, you can face people who have finished the game multiple times, even if you're just on your first playthrough! It doesn't matter are they on NG+ or ++++, they can and WILL invade you if you're around the same soul level.

Invaders are the worst really. Imagine playing UC3 co-op and people could join your game as villains and **bleep** things up for you.

And this is coming from a guy who has put hundreds of hours on Dark Souls on both PC and PS3.

This is just what comes to my mind right now. If I reeeeally thought about all the issues this game, the list would be LOT longer.

Allu signing out.

Message 17 of 53 (370 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1125 posts

Jan 19, 2014

Alluboy_ wrote:

All the people who dislike Co-op are Comp vets. What a surprise.

Maybe I should make a thread about how Competitive suck balls as well and invite all the Co-op players to join the fun.

How is Dark Souls co-op better? Besides, the game is from a completely different genre, *why* are we comparing the two? Anyway, DkS has lot more issues than UC3's co-op. For example:

First of all I'm not a competitive vet, I play for fun in Parties.

Dark Souls IS a completely different game, However It has better Level Design/Enemies  Why can't uncharted follow the same route?   Is it because of Matchmaking and netcode? No I think Co-op should have a sense of exploring and certain encounters of enemies, not endless waves of  mindless bullet sponges.   Despite it's  net code flaws it's still fun,  maybe not for you. 

There is a reason why Demon's/Dark Souls stands out in 5 years and community is still strong despite flaws.  

Co-op Arena,Shade,and hunter are all not fun and are designed terribly in my opinion. While Co-op Adventure is just cut content from Uncharted 1 and 2's Single player with a few objectives. 

Besides there are more examples of fun co-op out there! Dragon's Crown, Mount and Blade Warband, Monster Hunter etc...  

Message 18 of 53 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14140 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

I don't hate Co-op...

I hate Siege... I'm not entirely fond of Gold Rush. But that's not ND's fault. The premise of the mode is good, the way people play it.. Isn't good.

When Siege appears you are limited to a circle. When Gold Rush appears it's usually the same old. you lug the treasure all the way to the chest while your "Teammates" rack up kills and do their best to ignore the treasure until it's right next to the chest.

I don't mind that people kill all the AI... But how about the ones near the treasure? The ones near me who is carrying the treasure? Yeah.. Many games are finished in Gold Rush due to this. Most the time they don't even notice I'm dead so they continue farming the AI and end up dying too.

Survival is better... Everyone can farm the AI, no one likes playing as a team in this game unless you use your friends list for co-op which IMO sort of defeats the purpose of it even being there if it's going to be played non socially with the majority ignoring randoms.

As for Siege.. I already mentioned the circle... But it creates other issues. It's so boring. I can't hang off things and shoot AI, You can't play the mode strategically because it's limiting you.. Limiting gameplay is never a good idea. It's not a problem in team objectives because you don't have a life counter that the mode can dwindle away and make you wait forever.

I like the life counter... I don't like sitting in a circle waiting for AI.. or watching my teammates wait for AI. It's just horrible. Everything from it's very foundation is wrong.

Message 19 of 53 (341 Views)
Fender Bender
3798 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

I also forgot to mention that of course most people (read: non Co-op vets) think that Co-op sucks. ND made it so poorly, like not separating the modes.

They don't give a rat's **bleep** about us and never will. They probably even added Old Quarter as a Co-op Arena map so that we, Co-op players would finally keep our mouths shut up about the mode, and how it's never improved or anything.

Message 20 of 53 (340 Views)