Oct 29 2012
By: hilari0s I Only Post Everything 861 posts

UC3 Multiplayer ~ Random Gun Switching

7 replies 486 views Edited Oct 29, 2012

While playing different multiplayer modes (team death match and Survival) in Uncharted 3 (game of the year edition), the guns that I use seem to spaz out. This may be a little hard to explain, but my character seems to aim, switch guns, and won't even let me fire my weapon at random intervals. For example, there will be times where I'll be running towards an objective (enemy, treasure, ect.) - so I won't be using any weapon at all - and my character auto aims or switch between long gun and hand gun. Plus, there's been times where I haven't even been able to fire my current weapon at all. (Note: I've found out that if you switch between weapons, you'll be able to fire again, but nevertheless, it's still a problem.)

Now I'm wondering if this is a problem with the game itself, my ps3 (slim, 3-4 years old), or is it the game disc? I use the same controller for whatever game I play, so it may be wearing down the battery. As for my ps3, I try to keep it in the best condition possible, but I've never cracked it open and dusted it. However, I have not had a similar problem with any other game I own. Could it be that my copy of UC3 GOTY is defective in some way? Upon looking at the disc itself (the side that doesn't have the image on it, it appears warped in some way. It's hard to describe, so I'll try to post an image of the disc compared to other ones I have at a later point in time. I will have to say though, none of the other games I own (even GOTY) look anything like it. The physical disc is not warped or misshaped in any way, but the underside looks different than other discs I own. Maybe it's a problem with patch 1.15?

Anyone else experiencing this problem? This problem is messing up my gameplay and is just getting irritating. I have not experienced this problem within the games singleplayer mode, however, I haven't played the single player in quite a while. Hope this can get fixed quite soon so I can keep enjoying UC3. Appreciate the help and comments. Thanks.

Catch me on the TooYubes!

!SWEET!.jpg

Untitled.jpg

#SALTYGRAVES

4.png

#Bessig
Message 1 of 8 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Re: UC3 Multiplayer ~ Random Gun Switching

Oct 29, 2012

hilari0s wrote:

While playing different multiplayer modes (team death match and Survival) in Uncharted 3 (game of the year edition), the guns that I use seem to spaz out. This may be a little hard to explain, but my character seems to aim, switch guns, and won't even let me fire my weapon at random intervals. For example, there will be times where I'll be running towards an objective (enemy, treasure, ect.) - so I won't be using any weapon at all - and my character auto aims or switch between long gun and hand gun. Plus, there's been times where I haven't even been able to fire my current weapon at all. (Note: I've found out that if you switch between weapons, you'll be able to fire again, but nevertheless, it's still a problem.)

Now I'm wondering if this is a problem with the game itself, my ps3 (slim, 3-4 years old), or is it the game disc? I use the same controller for whatever game I play, so it may be wearing down the battery. As for my ps3, I try to keep it in the best condition possible, but I've never cracked it open and dusted it. However, I have not had a similar problem with any other game I own. Could it be that my copy of UC3 GOTY is defective in some way? Upon looking at the disc itself (the side that doesn't have the image on it, it appears warped in some way. It's hard to describe, so I'll try to post an image of the disc compared to other ones I have at a later point in time. I will have to say though, none of the other games I own (even GOTY) look anything like it. The physical disc is not warped or misshaped in any way, but the underside looks different than other discs I own. Maybe it's a problem with patch 1.15?

Anyone else experiencing this problem? This problem is messing up my gameplay and is just getting irritating. I have not experienced this problem within the games singleplayer mode, however, I haven't played the single player in quite a while. Hope this can get fixed quite soon so I can keep enjoying UC3. Appreciate the help and comments. Thanks.

I have not had the gun swtiching aspect part of that yet,but i have had the gun wont fire thing a few times. It kept happening the other day while playing elimination. Everytime i got close to 1 particular person on the other team,my gun would not fire at all.Not just once ,but on every round,whenever i got within a certain distance from this person my gun just stopped shooting(and no i was not out of ammo or just needed to reload). I had the cinema file,but once i downloaded 1.15 all cinemas are gone for some reason and some of my new games are not even going into cinema either.

My favorite glitch that i seem to get all the time and one you didnt mention if you got or not is the Randomly not holding any gun glitch.

Anyone know why or what causes you to sometimes not be holding any gun? Your hands will show like you are holding a gun,but there just isnt one there and you cant shoot or anything when that happens also.

Message 2 of 8 (469 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
861 posts

Oct 29, 2012
Perhaps it's someone's connection that's messing the game up then?

I haven't had the no gun glitch.
Catch me on the TooYubes!

!SWEET!.jpg

Untitled.jpg

#SALTYGRAVES

4.png

#Bessig
Message 3 of 8 (466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2013
My game keeps switching weapons or activate aome sort of d pad action when i fire and i figured out the controllers vibration is messing with the d pad.so i just disabled the vibration and everything worked just fine.hope this helped
Message 4 of 8 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jul 7, 2013

@hilari0s

I didn't even know the UC3 multiplayer had a "survival" mode Smiley Surprised  Smiley Wink. Anyway, I'm never surprised at random glitches in this game any more and neither should you (unless you're new to the game). I'm almost positive its the game though, not your PS3 or controller. But, I can tell you right now though that this will NEVER... EVER get fixed. This game is 2 years old. ND stopped supporting this game quite a while ago and even the problems with their pre-made DLC isn't getting fixed. Hell, the message of the day hasn't even gotten changed since April. 

Sorry to break it to you but your either going to have to tough it out or ditch the game, to be so blunt. Oh, and welcome to the forums all you new comers. As you can see, the forums are all but dead. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 5 of 8 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Jul 8, 2013

One of my PS3 controllers randomly shoulder switches and uses kickback when I push L3, which is fine for most games, but not U3. So your problem could be controller as well for some of that.

Message 6 of 8 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Crack the controller open and dust it! The same thing happened to me and after cleaning the controller everything was fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 8 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Ya its probably your controller. I had a similar problem until I bought a new one. Games where L3 is the sprint button tend to cause a problem where the d pad can be activated when you're using the left analog stick.
Message 8 of 8 (303 Views)
0 Likes