Splicer
65 posts

Re: UC3 & UC2; The Core Gameplay

Jan 12, 2014

Anyone else tired of Blennerville's constant daily complaints of this game?? 

Look there are obvious flaws in this game and things that could be improved, but there isn't an online game out there that's more fun or addicting....yet we have some moron complaining about gameplay mechanics.....every GD day of the week and 2 fuc*ing years after release.  How pathetic is that??

Personally, I have WAY more fun playing  UC3  than I ever did playing UC2. Just way more variety...and much harder to get really good at. Just a better all around game.

Message 161 of 194 (285 Views)
Fender Bender
2592 posts

Jan 12, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
How many times was this thread's title changed?

Title has been changed more than the mechanics from UC2 to UC3. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 162 of 194 (281 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 12, 2014

I raised the subject of the player pool because you can have the greatest "Hardcore" Uncharted experience imaginable but if there are too few players in the pool, then it doesn't matter how great the game is.  IMO, ND needs to perform a balancing act...is what I'm saying and we need to be able to accept that or be happy with just a campaign.  On the competitive side, I have no real stake because I'm reasonably confident that ND will implement something pretty solid and if it doesn't appeal to me, then I won't play it.  Something much closer to UC2 is not appealing to me and while I may not be "hardcore"...I still consider myself a fan.

If I had to choose, I'd take UC3 multiplayer over UC2 (competitive and cooperative) but that's my opinion...it's subjective - I simply find UC3 (particularly mp comp) more fun (UC3 versus UC2 mp coop is a much closer call).  Let me put it this way, I have no qualms saying that TLoU mp  is far and away the better mp game than UC3 mp (from a technical and balance standpoint)  but I'd still rather play Uncharted 3 because I enjoy it more.  That's my concept.

Message 163 of 194 (275 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 12, 2014

GDunKK said it well.

FUN.

There are plenty of things I don't like about the mechanics in both UC2 and UC3 but overall, in competitive multiplayer...even with all it's problems, I find UC3 much more fun.

Message 164 of 194 (273 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Jan 12, 2014

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

GDunKK said it well.

FUN.

There are plenty of things I don't like about the mechanics in both UC2 and UC3 but overall, in competitive multiplayer...even with all it's problems, I find UC3 much more fun.

Agreed, I too enjoy UC3 more than UC2.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 165 of 194 (266 Views)
Fender Bender
2592 posts

Jan 13, 2014

I stumbled upon this write up on ND by IGN very great read.

I'll post the link here since this thread has an identity crisis. Naughty Dog talks about UC2 & UC3. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/04/rising-to-greatness-the-history-of-naughty-dog?page=16

They also state that UC2 also started out with a set piece in mind & the story was later tailored around it, so UC2 fanboys can now shut up & stop dissing UC3 lol. 

i'll post this quote just for the OP :smileywink:

"“Our multiplayer, I thought, was really awesome in 3,” Shah said. “It was awesome in 2 as well, but 3 really defined our multiplayer. People still play Uncharted 3 multiplayer. It’s still going." 

Message 166 of 194 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 13, 2014

Having read that article, it confirms much of what I suspected of ND's challenges in producing software.  I too work in software...not in the gaming industry though.  There is no such thing as perfection...you have to ship eventually.

What concerns me a bit is that the next Uncharted will be on a new console...it took ND three games to fully realize the potential of the PS3 and while the PS4 is reportedly easier to develop for...from the tone of the article, it sounds as though at least some of the enthusiasm coming off of Drake's Fortune has necessarily faded with the next two.  I really hope the ND comes close to realized the PS4's potential because I'd really hate for the Uncharted series to end on a sour note. :smileysad:

I have no doubt the next Uncharted will be a good game but I think people should trust that ND will continue to move forward and not be disappointed if Uncharted Next is a different game....TLoU is a very different game from the Uncharted series but a fantastic game in it's own right.

Message 167 of 194 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2592 posts

Jan 13, 2014

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Having read that article, it confirms much of what I suspected of ND's challenges in producing software.  I too work in software...not in the gaming industry though.  There is no such thing as perfection...you have to ship eventually.

What concerns me a bit is that the next Uncharted will be on a new console...it took ND three games to fully realize the potential of the PS3 and while the PS4 is reportedly easier to develop for...from the tone of the article, it sounds as though at least some of the enthusiasm coming off of Drake's Fortune has necessarily faded with the next two.  I really hope the ND comes close to realized the PS4's potential because I'd really hate for the Uncharted series to end on a sour note. :smileysad:

I have no doubt the next Uncharted will be a good game but I think people should trust that ND will continue to move forward and not be disappointed if Uncharted Next is a different game....TLoU is a very different game from the Uncharted series but a fantastic game in it's own right.

Well they went through alot from the PS2 to PS3 transition being split in two teams back then, having the founders leave &having to start over from scratch with their engine & having 25% of the staff leave. But they already have a PS4 engine in place all & I think the company seems to have found a balance with managing different projects at once.

I think they really love Uncharted though, & they seemed a bit apologetic about UC3 at times. Atleast they are very aware about the game flaws, but they also made a good point that people were gonna hate UC3 even if it was better than 2 & had UC3 came out before UC2 it would have gotten the same praise as UC2. 

I can't wait to see what they do with UC4, I expect some changes to the formula since they stated everyone has copied what they did with UC2 & gamers being use to the formula.

And can you imagine how cool these set pieces would have been had they not scaled scaled them back. :smileysad:

"“You also get bigger set pieces… We focused on that,” he continued. “What did the fans like? They liked all these [set pieces]. It was crazier, the original [cruise ship sequence]. That boat was supposed to be Titanic-sized. You were supposed to run across it. The whole thing was supposed to snap in two. It was crazy. The plane scene, too, was stripped down. You were supposed to have zero gravity fights up in that thing. All of those boxes would fall and you’d have a different setup for combat.”

Message 168 of 194 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2683 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2014

I dont think ye get it.

Message 169 of 194 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2592 posts