Fender Bender
3422 posts

Re: UC3 & UC2 The Good & The Great

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

I honesty can't see why anyone would put UC1 clunky mechanics over UC3. That game has subpar mechanics dare I say the game felt unfinished to a certain extent. 

Also GG changed KZ3 because people kept complaining about the controls & weight in KZ2 then everyone hated KZ3 because they changed stuff that people complained about. I think ND should just do their own thing with their MP games & find a way to filter constructive feedback & not have it open to everyone like they did with UC2 & 3 Betas. Can't please everyone when they tried to with UC3 the game became a big cluster****

Edit: Removed profanity.

Message 91 of 194 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 7, 2014
It goes UC2 > UC1 > Dog Poop > UC3, mechanics wise.

Even with the alternative UC2 style aiming selected, UC3's aiming is still crap.
But that wasnt my biggest problem - it is the clunky movement, god its even worse in SP than MP
- The movement is the most important mechanic in a TPS.
I remember trying to advance up the plane while getting squashed by boxes and stuff that I couldnt move out of the way of because Drake was off his face drunk throughout the whole game.

UC1's aiming is just a small bit behind UC2's. Its not quite as fluid and fast as UC2's but it still works very well takes little to no getting used to, and the recticles and bullet spread are all the same as in UC2.
The movement was kept more or less exactly the same in UC2 because if it ant borken then you dont fix it.
The only really noticable bad point is the grenade throwing which was much improved in UC2.
UC1's melee wasnt as great as UC2's but it worked well once you practiced it a few times and you could control it unlike UC3's stupid pulling the pin on grenades when you are in a tiny room and on low health which could happen at any time.

The problem with ND is that they change the things that no one asked for, and fix things that are not broken and make then worse.

The majority of what they changed and added post beta was all their own ideas.
Message 92 of 194 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11902 posts

Jan 7, 2014
UC3 > UC3 > U:GA > UDF

This is the only correct order.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 93 of 194 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11902 posts

Jan 7, 2014
*UC3> UC2> U:GA > UDF

Even my phone doesn't like UC2 as much

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 94 of 194 (360 Views)
Fender Bender
3422 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

Opinions* 

For me it's:

Gameplay / Set pieces : UC3 > UC2 > UC1 

Story > UC1 > UC2 > UC3 

Pacing > UC2 > UC1 > UC3 

The alternate aiming works great for me, but lets be real none of the Uncharted games has/had great aiming mechanics, & it's pretty obvious why ND abandoned bullet spread in favor of recoil.

UC1 is more clunky than UC3 could ever be. The only thing clunky in UC3 SP is the button mapping they tried to copy the Batman Arkham combat which over-complicated things & interfered with other mechanics.

Um you are on a moving plane with the air rushung through did you expect Drake to be able to maneuver with ease through that sequence? You are nitpicking .-. 

Movement between UC2 & UC3 are closer than that of UC1 > UC2.

Well obviously the Beta was just that a Beta but public feedback must have also played a part. They need to do a closed Beta if they happen to do another one because everyone thinks they are experts when it comes to what is best for the game so you can't pin all the blame on them when the Uncharted community is quite self-destructive.

Message 95 of 194 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Opinions* 

For me it's:

Story > UC1 > UC2 > UC3 

Pacing > UC2 > UC1 > UC3 

The alternate aiming works great for me, but lets be real none of the Uncharted games has/had great aiming mechanics, & it's pretty obvious why ND abandoned bullet spread in favor of recoil.

UC1 is more clunky than UC3 could ever be. The only thing clunky in UC3 SP is the button mapping they tried to copy the Batman Arkham combat which over-complicated things & interfered with other mechanics.

Um you are on a moving plane with the air rushung through did you expect Drake to be able to maneuver with ease through that sequence? You are nitpicking .-. 

Well obviously the Beta was just that a Beta but public feedback must have also played a part. They need to do a closed Beta if they happen to do another one because everyone thinks they are experts when it comes to what is best for the game so you can't pin all the blame on them when the Uncharted community is quite self-destructive.

YA, we got let them do their own thing regardless if we want to or not, I hope they get it right.
But seeing as how its the same UC3 team doing it I am worried.
And theres also the fact that they have become more money obsessed - so they will probably be trying to get as much micro-transactions as possible into UC4.

who would be in the closed beta though ??

i think an longer open beta period is whats needed - maybe 2 months, UC3's beta was just at its best (1.04) for a short - have 2 betas with some space between them(might be the time for the closed beta in the middle)

A closed beta additionally as well as the open beta would be fine, but who it will be limited to ?? Forum ??
not the most diverse pool, there could inbreeding LOL, and it was the forum feedback that got sprint changed for the worst.

I agree with you about Story and Pacing, but I completely disagree about gameplay - forget about UC1 for the moment, you would put UC3 ahead of UC2 ?? That is blasphemy. I can NOT understand how you would feel like that when we agree on lots of things, UC3's poor gameplay is the what hurts the game the most (forget about the Set pieces that were completely riped out of UC2's script and changed slightly)

The alternative aiming, while better is still not near as good as UC2's (which is what its trying to be emulate). The movement is the biggest problem in UC3 imo, thats super clunky.

(what button mapping you on about ??)

The plane was just one point in particular where it highlights it at its worst and i was on about before the side blew up - enemys could move and shoot with ease yet the player couldnt and would get traped between crates, just like the MP you would get caught up on nothing.

Compared to the Falling building or the ground sliding in UC2 where it was still easy to move around and control drake.

Movement in UC1 = Movement in UC2, 

Movement in UC3 = Drakes drunk and after knee surgery.

UC2 aiming was practically perfect, why the changed it is a mystery to me, and the recoil system was a silly move same as change the movement.

I can only assume that I am more of an expert when it comes Uncharted Smiley Tongue

Message 96 of 194 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3422 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Opinions* 

For me it's:

Story > UC1 > UC2 > UC3 

Pacing > UC2 > UC1 > UC3 

YA, we got let them do their own thing regardless if we want to or not, I hope they get it right.
And theres also the fact that they have become more money obsessed - so they will probably be trying to get as much micro-transactions as possible into UC4.

i think an longer open beta period is whats needed - maybe 2 months, UC3's beta was just at its best (1.04) for a short - have 2 betas with some space between them(might be the time for the closed beta in the middle)

A closed beta additionally as well as the open beta would be fine, but who it will be limited to ?? Forum ??
not the most diverse pool, there could inbreeding LOL, and it was the forum feedback that got sprint changed for the worst.

I agree with you about Story and Pacing, but I completely disagree about gameplay - forget about UC1 for the moment, you would put UC3 ahead of UC2 ?? That is blasphemy. I can NOT understand how you would feel like that when we agree on lots of things, UC3's poor gameplay is the what hurts the game the most (forget about the Set pieces that were completely riped out of UC2's script and changed slightly)

The alternative aiming, while better is still not near as good as UC2's (which is what its trying to be emulate). The movement is the biggest problem in UC3 imo, thats super clunky.

The plane was just one point in particular where it highlights it at its worst and i was on about before the side blew up - enemys could move and shoot with ease yet the player couldnt and would get traped between crates, just like the MP you would get caught up on nothing.

Compared to the Falling building or the ground sliding in UC2 where it was still easy to move around and control drake.

Well clearly the UC3 team can get it right & can indeed make a good MP since they did infact make the UC3 Beta that you guys seem to praise, they simply need less *opinions from us* so no I don't want them to do a public Beta until the game is close to going Gold & the beta will simply serve as a purpose of giving everyone a taste of the game.

And the forum members have ruined more than just Sprint... Just Saying.

Idek how they would go about selecting close beta participants but MVP's shouldn't be allowed access to it, yes i'm still pressed about them influencing the booster changes lol. 

Yes from gameplay/ set pieces/ overall action perspective I'd put UC3 over UC2. UC3 high points are the highest for the series, unfortunately it's low points are also the lowest of the series. But overall It was a great action game & even though the game faltered after Syria it totally went into overdrive after Graveyard. Don't be silly the set pieces were not ripped from UC2, they followed the same formula but UC3 completely trumps UC2 at it's own game.

What's so clunky about movement? I really don't get it.

Button Mapping meaning a button has a specific task in different scenarios but when the different scenarios intertwine the game doesn't know what to do, you want to roll away but instead you grab the enemy. 

You are still looking at the plane sequence wrong you aren't suppose to be able to maneuver easily in such a setting & in UC2 you couldn't move that easily in the crumbling building you had to time your movements, similar to the plane sequence.

And Ground sliding will obviously offer better handling than being 20k ft in the air with turbulence & wind sucking everything out the plane in your direction.

Your assessment on moving is purely subjective.

Message 97 of 194 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3422 posts

Jan 7, 2014

You edited your comment lol.

The change to recoil was obviously done because of the loadout system & they wanted to offer more freedom around weapon customization. Like I said they obviously made certain weapons harder to aim just so they could add the accuracy mod. Then over-compensated with sticky AA.

Message 98 of 194 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 7, 2014
^^ I fail to see connection LOL.

The Gmal uses recoil over bullet spread but likewise the FAL in UC2 didnt use bullet spread.
I dont see why the AK and M9 couldnt have used a bullet spread system like the AK and M4 did in UC2. The micro in UC3 uses bullet spread.

The accuracy mod was just another bad idea like ROF, and is like Down The irons (bad idea) in UC2.
The sticky AA change is just another thing that made no sense as it did more harm than good. The dragon was fine without it.
Message 99 of 194 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Opinions* 

For me it's:

Story > UC1 > UC2 > UC3 

Pacing > UC2 > UC1 > UC3 

Well clearly the UC3 team can get it right & can indeed make a good MP since they did infact make the UC3 Beta that you guys seem to praise, they simply need less *opinions from us* so no I don't want them to do a public Beta until the game is close to going Gold & the beta will simply serve as a purpose of giving everyone a taste of the game.

And the forum members have ruined more than just Sprint... Just Saying.

Idek how they would go about selecting close beta participants but MVP's shouldn't be allowed access to it, yes i'm still pressed about them influencing the booster changes lol. 

Yes from gameplay/ set pieces/ overall action perspective I'd put UC3 over UC2. UC3 high points are the highest for the series, unfortunately it's low points are also the lowest of the series. But overall It was a great action game & even though the game faltered after Syria it totally went into overdrive after Graveyard. Don't be silly the set pieces were not ripped from UC2, they followed the same formula but UC3 completely trumps UC2 at it's own game.

What's so clunky about movement? I really don't get it.

Button Mapping meaning a button has a specific task in different scenarios but when the different scenarios intertwine the game doesn't know what to do, you want to roll away but instead you grab the enemy. 

You are still looking at the plane sequence wrong you aren't suppose to be able to maneuver easily in such a setting & in UC2 you couldn't move that easily in the crumbling building you had to time your movements, similar to the plane sequence.

And Ground sliding will obviously offer better handling than being 20k ft in the air with turbulence & wind sucking everything out the plane in your direction.

Your assessment on moving is purely subjective.

yes the beta was good and fun, a lot better than the game is now but it still had a lot of issues of its own that were not in UC2. I dont think it was as good UC2 1.04 was, if we had more time with it that would have been clearer (it was good though, but it would still have need work if it launched like that). The movement and gun mechanics being the biggest issue (please go play some UC2 and you will see how its movement is much more fluid and less clunky). I used ONLY the Dragon and Gmal during the beta to get away from the awful recoil on the AK and M9.

You are probably right, I cant think though, what other big things did the forumers negatively effect from the summer beta to subway beta ??  - a lot of it ND changed on their own without need, reason or demand for it (and they ar still doing this) - Gmal, Dragon which were perfect in the beta and adding the ROF to the M9 when we told them it was OP on the AK, along with adding more blindfire to the M9 and adding the KAL when we also told them blindfire was OP on the AK, Micro, Para during the beta - It was mostly all ND own doing. And on real issues they dont act at all or on time.

I agree keep the beta close to the game release date.

Id be happy with no beta at all, but if there was to be a beta it would have to be open. At least then you can count on people with sense getting to play it.

If it was a closed beta then you cant count on it being a bunch of people who have no clue or have ideas to suit their own wants. Closed test(ers) is what got us things like KAL, FAL, Gmal, M9ROF which they thought were balanced.

Tell me how they could put a ROF mod on the M9 and think its balanced when it was Over Powered on the AK (and when the default M9 has a faster killing time than the default AK to begin with). No ill sure as S*** take a open beta over that any day.

The OPEN beta should just release a month before the game and run until launch. It would be exactly the same MP as the launch game so that things can get patched and stuff and it would also allow reviewers and people who get the game early to be in that player pool. Maybe charge 5$ for early access to it - e.g. first 2 weeks (best closed beta possiblitly without bias) with it open for free for the last 2 weeks.

"MVP's shouldn't be allowed access to it, yes i'm still pressed about them influencing the booster changes lol " ???? what you on about ??

Button Mapping, yes the grenade/melee thing, it was pointless anyway. 

"You are still looking at the plane sequence wrong you aren't suppose to be able to maneuver easily in such a setting & in UC2 you couldn't move that easily in the crumbling building you had to time your movements, similar to the plane sequence."

Nope, apples and oranges imo. ive no problem with movement control while the building crumbles or in any part of UC2.

again the plane was just an example of it at its worse - it was bad throughout the whole game, and yes i get that it was deliberate that you had even less control in the plane - it was just completely overdone, a bad idea imo as it showed up and highlighted the poor movement mechanics even more - its like adding too much vibration or over use of MAN ON FIRE style visual effects - it was overdone - Plus the fact that the big hole being blown in the plane should not have made any difference since it was not pressurised. GTA's plane mission was much better.

I found the set pieces boring and carbon copies of UC2;s. For me the whole script was rushed and crap apart from the Chateau which was the only good part in the whole game. All the chapters are very similar to UC2's especially in the later half of the game - almost like they ran out of time.

Message 100 of 194 (315 Views)
0 Likes