Survivor
2668 posts

Re: UC3 & UC2; The Core Gameplay Mechanics

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

The only thing they fixed was stairs though, steps are better because they removen the stairs animation. you still get stuck on level ground if there is a pebbel (and you make a big stumble). It was in UC2 but it happens way more in UC3 because of the clunky unprecise movement.

Please use plain text.
Message 191 of 194 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7581 posts

Jan 16, 2014
^Uncharted 2 had clunky, unprecise movement.

Please use plain text.
Message 192 of 194 (139 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6790 posts

Jan 16, 2014
And the button inputs were responded late as well.
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 193 of 194 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13046 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

Fluid movement doesn't always mean better. Fluidity is one of a combination of reasons for hipfire being a main tactic, If you can't rush with total control how are you going to do that?

Also.. The game with the most perfect movement I've ever seen... Tomb Raider would like a word with you to explain why near perfected movement and gameplay mechanics make for a shocking online experience.

Also.. Sprint being a positive debatable. So is what I said I guess. But regardless I don't see sprint as a positive, It was great in the summer beta when the movement was also better.

Fluidity hurt the game more than it helped. Which is why successful games like Gears of War don't allow you fluid movement. They know what they are doing.

ND's goal has to be to be one of the major players in the multiplayer market, They have the single player market pretty much sorted out. If they listen to most of this as far as multiplayer goes they are going to fly away from the market and right off the map.

It doesn't matter what I like, It doesn't matter what anyone here likes really. What matters is what will bring in the most players.

People aren't going to play a game in masses that has massive recoil actually judging by CoD and other games people love no recoil.  This benefits me. I prefer a game where everyone has an equal chance and not just some luck of the bounce of your recticule.

People certainly wont be interested in a game where hipfire is a good tactic, the only game I played where hipfire was actually the only tactic was Kane and Lynch 2. Didn't last long.

People will probably play a game in masses with fluid movement though... I'll conceed that. But it needs drawbacks. It can't be all awesome like it is in Uncharted 3. That opens the door wide for cheapness which people wont stick around for.

Bottom line. Uncharted 2 is better because it has limitations which brings everyone in with an equal chance against each other.

Uncharted 3 is a mess in the areas I mentioned above.

You know what? I'd be fine with them copying the TLOU formula for the next Uncharted. It's got good movement. It's not as great as Uncharted 3. It's an improvement because of that. It feels like what Uncharted 3 should have felt like.

It's got limitations, it's playable, the only thing they need to NOT copy is the free kill system.

Please use plain text.
Message 194 of 194 (115 Views)
0 Likes