Survivor
2689 posts

Re: UC3 = Bad Code

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
You're confusing me. The comment I was replying to from you, you were talking about 'Single Player' mechanics anyways. 

Plunder was great in UC2 when it worked & people weren't glitching. Plunder in UC3 is just as good & TO in UC2 was a joke lets not let that nostalgic clout influence your opinion. TDM was better tho no stupid power plays & Kickbacks. And yes ND rebuilt the MP portion from ground up, to achieve the vision they wanted for the game similar to what GG did from KZ2 > 3. We don't know what they'll do for UC4 so you can stop pointing it out lol, & enough with the COD comparisons it's an FPS the formula has been stagnant since the 90's.

Climbing - is subjective because UC2 climbing wasn't that good either.

Jumping - Meh I prefer how it works in UC3.

Cover - Better in UC2 

Shooting - Better in UC2 

Visuals - Had to be downgraded in UC3 for obvious reasons tho.

And I like the faster gameplay, I love how over the top the gameplay is, I like the inclusion of sprint. Yeh the beta played better wouldn't say it was slower paced than UC2 though. Do you like the TLOU MP then? 

And no I'm not really fond of UC3 Single Player story wise but when it comes to the action & set pieces I would put it over UC2.

Because maybe they didn't like UC2 MP? lol haha

I really don't know maybe they just wanted to start over? I mean it was their second MP outing.

I want 8 vs 8 it seems just perfect so many games I find myself wandering around hoping to spot someone.

But if they plan to reuse legacy maps then 6 vs 6 is fine as well. 

Temple, Cave, City of Brass (sucks in every mode but elimination) Lost City, Syria, Dry Docks & Grave Yard are indeed horrible TDM maps.

I'm probably alone on this but ever since the blindfire nerf I actually enjoy TDM on Oasis, London Underground, Desert Village & Chateau Smiley Sad ... lol 

I think Museum is a horrible TDM Map along with Sanctuary. 

Meh get rid of 3TDM & put in a mercany mode. 

Btw let me just say UC2 MP was amazing but I think you give UC3 alot of unwarranted 'flack' it might just be the most succesful & consistent PS3 MP game & that's because:

It's darn good > fun > addictive > aged well.

^^ Just played 2 great TDM matches in UC2, one in scanturary and one in plaza - out of both games (both UC2 MP and UC3 MP) these 2 maps (UC2 versions) play the best out of the whole lot imo, they suit the gameplay so well, and the pace is naturally fast.

The main thing needed for good plunder is good maps - there was nothing like plunder on UC2 scanturary - throwing the treasure to the towers and then back to the base for quick scores or jumping from the towers to the bases to stop the enemy scoring. It played so magically on some maps - Fort, Plaza, Facility, Flodded Ruins, all optimized perfectly for UC2 gameplay mechanic. UC3 doesnt have great playing plunder maps that complement each other as well as they did in UC2, not as optimized to use Aruellia's words.
Power weapon Kickbacks also hurt plunder and TO a lot imo (but the other kickbacks are good) imo.

TO is good in UC2 (i was supprised several months ago when playing it how good it was) , it just depends on if it is a good match just like in UC3 which also does (in UC3 match where you win 3 objectives in a row are no fun) and what objective mode your playing (only 3 modes and only one mode per match). Turf War is the the best objectivefollowed by King of the Hill imo (or is it the other way around, i forget LOL), the other objectives just arent as good - this applies to both games again.

King of the Hill can be good but it can be over very quick, it can be a good match decider in UC3, Chain reaction can be a lottery sometimes, Multi Marked-man is ok but not great(it would be a good decider like king of the hill) and Treasure Hunter isnt great (tends to just be one team winning it by a large margin due to camping) - it would be better in there were 2 idols e.g. red and blue - heroes get points with red villans with blue. They should have put elimination in instead of deathmatch to see how it played as elimination should not have its own seperate mode.
UC3's Team Objective can suffer a bit at times from the modes being too short - e.g. when you are having a great battle for king of the hill and want it to go on longer, and with UC2 the divided player pool between the 3 modes is annoying but there is the Objectives mode which has them consolidated (they should have blocked the seperate modes).

The thing imo UC2 is faster paced in terms of movement, jumping(not bunny-hopping), entering cover, straffing during a gunfight. - if I showed you the gameplay from my matches in UC2 you would understand - its albout fast movement, fast traversal, your at a disadvantage in a gunfight - ducking in and out of cover being, jump behind a bit of cover climb up a level, drop down on otherside to regain the advantage and finish it off with some straffing. - All this is slower/clunkier and heavier in UC3 and sometimes it just wont work on the same maps cuz you cant grap the same ledge or take the short-cut.

Dont have TLOU, dontnt have any interest in it though, too heavy and slow.

TDM on Oasis can be enjoyable when its played a certain way - no snipers or campers and people stick to the lower ground, London Underground is not great because of the layout, too many deadzones (i do like all the area brhind the turrent but the rest of the map is wasted, Desert Village is just an awful map, Chateau can be good at times, but it is like London underground in that the outside of the map are dead and the action is usually very confines to the top floor.

Museum is average, it is actually better in UC3 than UC2, it works well with UC3 mechanics and it is a good sniper map/gmal map (when it was good), Sanctuary in UC3 is just isnt the same as it was in UC2 - the mechanics let it down (was great in UC2), its still ok though.

3-Team was a good idea but needed small maps to work well, 4-Team(2v2v2v2) could be great, imo they should change it to that. It deserves to stay (4-team), now Elimination as a mode on its own needs to go.

Mercany Mode, not a good idea imo as its just the same as having Airstrip and Airstrip No Intro - have only one TDM mode covering classic, hardcore etc.

I just cant accept anything that is not at least equal to UC2 MP. Comparing both, there is so much more bull**** moments in UC3 which is not in UC2 that make me want throw the tv out the window. Obviously there are things better but when i see thing that are stupid that were great in UC2 i just start crying and shout why would you destroy such a good thing.

I just dont think UC3 is as good as UC2 was.

Message 31 of 194 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Two things that I hate with a passion in UC3 that wasn't in UC2 are Powerplays and late-joining. 

I've lost lots of games by 2-5 points because of Marked Man & Double Damage is basically 'hide from the enemy for one minute' 

Latejoining should have only been in co-op. Late joining in competetive disrupts the balance of matchmaking. Every single time, we play a 3v3, the two latejoiners I get are begeninners and the two people they get are decent players and it ends up being a 1v3 or a 1v4.

Plus late joining a game will most likely give you a free loss anyways, why do you think people left the game in the first place?

It should have been the way it was in UC2, if two people quit, the score changes from 50 to 40 then if two more quit, its 25. Now late joining sometimes doesn't even happen and I spend 20 minutes trying to find one person and finish the game.

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 194 (747 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Dec 31, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Problem is... Uncharted 3 also fixed many of Uncharted 2's problems. The Summer Beta was a good mix between both games with certain elements, but there's no way to tell how it would have turned out if they released the game like that.

I personally can't stand the spawns in Uncharted 2, it makes the game less enjoyable, not to mention all the bunny hopping and out of map glitches.

I feel they should just keep working on the format until it's near perfect, I don't think I'm ready to go back to Uncharted 2 yet, not saying it's a bad game, but I don't want to face problems that have already been fixed.

UC2's MP would have been much better if these were fixed/removed/patched imo.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 33 of 194 (744 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
^^ UC2 got the core gameplay fundamentals right.

Definately.

I'm hoping the new Uncharted takes a step backwards in gameplay from Uncharted 3 and adds more maps. No more DLC maps either.

there's around 22 Maps in UC3 do we really need more in than 22 in UC4? 

And DLC Maps are here to stay lets hope they go the way of Killzone & release them free & sell character items & Co-op Story add ons as it does cost money to make maps. 

How many of those are bad and not optimized properly for Uncharted 3? about 17 of them. We only have about 5 decent maps.

We could do with deleting 17 and adding roughly another 10.

lol we never see eye to eye it seems.

Can you list the 5 decent maps?

I disagree by the way about majority of the maps not being properly optimized, a few of them for sure but 17? That's a bit of a reach don't ya think?

Old Quarter

Temple

London Underground

Airport

Facility

The rest feel far too open or too small for a game of this pace.

Old Quarter is a fantastic Map, so is Airstrip & Facility. 

London Underground is good especially for Objective modes.

But Temple? I hate it.

But how can you say maps like: 

Yemen - Best Map In UC3 'IMO'

Fort 

Train Wreck

Plaza 

Molten Ruins

High Rise

Village

Arn't optimized properly I think every Map shines in specific game modes.

This is why:

• Yemen.. It's personal. I don't like it. That's not to say I'm against seeing it again. It works.
  • Fort - Ruined by loadouts, just two teams with dragons trading off at each other for the entire match.
  • Train Wreck - Press sprint and you'll always accidentally run into someone on the other team, doesn't work well
  • Plaza - Wide open, didn't work in Uncharted 2 either, works even worse in Uncharted 3.
  • Highrise - Always been a bad map. Wont improve, Theres nothing actually wrong with it. Just it's universally disliked. I could say jumping and hanging is broken here.
  • Village is almost as bad as Desert Village in areas. You spawn, move 2 yards and you die. Sprint makes it worse than it was, the issue also existed in Uncharted 2. It's happening more frequently with spawning infront of sprinters now though.

Molen Ruins though.. Hmm.. I must have forgot that one. It's fine.

As for the temple hate unfortunately it's the best map of the entire lot for Plunder and Objectives. The objective goals are placed fairly unlike for example... The most unfair objective/plunder map ever created... Chateau. That map doesn't work on any level at all.

Message 34 of 194 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Dec 31, 2013

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Two things that I hate with a passion in UC3 that wasn't in UC2 are Powerplays and late-joining. 

I've lost lots of games by 2-5 points because of Marked Man & Double Damage is basically 'hide from the enemy for one minute' 

Latejoining should have only been in co-op. Late joining in competetive disrupts the balance of matchmaking. Every single time, we play a 3v3, the two latejoiners I get are begeninners and the two people they get are decent players and it ends up being a 1v3 or a 1v4.

Plus late joining a game will most likely give you a free loss anyways, why do you think people left the game in the first place?

It should have been the way it was in UC2, if two people quit, the score changes from 50 to 40 then if two more quit, its 25. Now late joining sometimes doesn't even happen and I spend 20 minutes trying to find one person and finish the game.

I think you are too cought up on winning the whole time.

Maybe you should go and play some UC2 now and come back when you were on a loosing team where 2 or 3 of your teammates quit early and it was 5v2 for the rest of the match or where all 4 quit and its you against 5. I dont see how lowering the score helps in any way except for helping the winning team to win even faster. late Join is a good thing wheather you like it or not, UC3 would be far worse without it, it just needs better matchmaking.

Ive joined plenty of games in the last few days that were the outcome of the match could go either way, be it joining early at just 5 or 6 kills or at 20 or 30 kills and even joining at 40 kills sometimes. I dont even mind joining the loosing team at a score of 48-15 because the whole point of late join is to get into matches faster and i know ill be in the lobby after and more importantly I couldnt care less about getting a loss from late joining (I also thought ND addressed that but o well) - do you really care that much about your stats ? just goes to show stats should be completely striped down for UC4 and deaths shouldnt be counted at all.

You need to stop caring so much about winning and good scores, thats actually the reason why people quit which brings me to powerplays.

The point of powerpays is a good one - to keep games from being completely one sided and keeping players on the loosing team from quitting. i know they arent great but they just need more work.

Message 35 of 194 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Maybe you should go and play some UC2 now and come back when you were on a loosing team where 2 or 3 of your teammates quit early and it was 5v2 for the rest of the match or where all 4 quit and its you against 5. I dont see how lowering the score helps in any way except for helping the winning team to win even faster. late Join is a good thing wheather you like it or not, UC3 would be far worse without it, it just needs better matchmaking.

Ive joined plenty of games in the last few days that were the outcome of the match could go either way, be it joining early at just 5 or 6 kills or at 20 or 30 kills and even joining at 40 kills sometimes. I dont even mind joining the loosing team at a score of 48-15 because the whole point of late join is to get into matches faster and i know ill be in the lobby after and more importantly I couldnt care less about getting a loss from late joining (I also thought ND addressed that but o well) - do you really care that much about your stats ? just goes to show stats should be completely striped down for UC4 and deaths shouldnt be counted at all.

You need to stop caring so much about winning and good scores, thats actually the reason why people quit which brings me to powerplays.

The point of powerpays is a good one - to keep games from being completely one sided and keeping players on the loosing team from quitting. i know they arent great but they just need more work.

Lowering the score helps, obviously the team at an disadvantage will still lose but it ends the game faster taking them out of a BS situation. I played a Lab game last week I was in a Po5 & everyone on the other team quit except 1 person the match went on for 19 minutes as it took forever to rack up 30 kills with only one person no one late joined btw which was strange.

And @Egyptian isn't a stat junkie, he's actually a good team player who just happen to have awesome stats. Smiley Tongue

Also everyone plays to win, eh wait every mentally competent person plays to win doesn't mean they care about stats.

Message 36 of 194 (722 Views)
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
^^ UC2 got the core gameplay fundamentals right.

Definately.

I'm hoping the new Uncharted takes a step backwards in gameplay from Uncharted 3 and adds more maps. No more DLC maps either.

there's around 22 Maps in UC3 do we really need more in than 22 in UC4? 

And DLC Maps are here to stay lets hope they go the way of Killzone & release them free & sell character items & Co-op Story add ons as it does cost money to make maps. 

How many of those are bad and not optimized properly for Uncharted 3? about 17 of them. We only have about 5 decent maps.

We could do with deleting 17 and adding roughly another 10.

lol we never see eye to eye it seems.

Can you list the 5 decent maps?

I disagree by the way about majority of the maps not being properly optimized, a few of them for sure but 17? That's a bit of a reach don't ya think?

Old Quarter

Temple

London Underground

Airport

Facility

The rest feel far too open or too small for a game of this pace.

Old Quarter is a fantastic Map, so is Airstrip & Facility. 

London Underground is good especially for Objective modes.

But Temple? I hate it.

But how can you say maps like: 

Yemen - Best Map In UC3 'IMO'

Fort 

Train Wreck

Plaza 

Molten Ruins

High Rise

Village

Arn't optimized properly I think every Map shines in specific game modes.

This is why:

• Yemen.. It's personal. I don't like it. That's not to say I'm against seeing it again. It works.
  • Fort - Ruined by loadouts, just two teams with dragons trading off at each other for the entire match.
  • Train Wreck - Press sprint and you'll always accidentally run into someone on the other team, doesn't work well
  • Plaza - Wide open, didn't work in Uncharted 2 either, works even worse in Uncharted 3.
  • Highrise - Always been a bad map. Wont improve, Theres nothing actually wrong with it. Just it's universally disliked. I could say jumping and hanging is broken here.
  • Village is almost as bad as Desert Village in areas. You spawn, move 2 yards and you die. Sprint makes it worse than it was, the issue also existed in Uncharted 2. It's happening more frequently with spawning infront of sprinters now though.

Molen Ruins though.. Hmm.. I must have forgot that one. It's fine.

As for the temple hate unfortunately it's the best map of the entire lot for Plunder and Objectives. The objective goals are placed fairly unlike for example... The most unfair objective/plunder map ever created... Chateau. That map doesn't work on any level at all.

Okay fair enough my stance those maps:

Yemen - Most balanced map in the entire game allows every playstyle.

Fort - Yes 'dumb' people tend to turn this into a sniper fest but I love when they do all it does is leave them open to getting flanked. Still think this is one of the few UC2 maps to be better in UC3. My only gripe which is minor is I wished they had added the weather & atmosphere effects from Flooded Ruins to this map, it would dampen it being a snipe jerk circle.

Train Wreck - I dunno I just love the map from UC2, small & compact non-stop action especially in Team Objective. The Snow setting should have remained though.

Plaza - Great ode to old school arena type maps, hope there's more like it in UC4 Smiley Tongue 

Highrise - The Ultimate Elimination map. It works great in UC3 except in Plunder.

Village - has bad spawns but It's one of my fave maps it's a pretty flat map that allows for pretty intense shoot out. 

I understand you hate sprint but I don't think it really ruins the game as much as you emphasize.

Message 37 of 194 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Lowering the score helps, obviously the team at an disadvantage will still lose but it ends the game faster taking them out of a BS situation. I played a Lab game last week I was in a Po5 & everyone on the other team quit except 1 person the match went on for 19 minutes as it took forever to rack up 30 kills with only one person no one late joined btw which was strange.

And @Egyptian isn't a stat junkie, he's actually a good team player who just happen to have awesome stats. Smiley Tongue

Also everyone plays to win, eh wait every mentally competent person plays to win doesn't mean they care about stats.

Lowering the Score does very little good, if anything it further encourages the remain members on the loosing team to quit quicker than normal (leave before the match reaches it end) since they would normally wait till it reasches 45+ kills before quitting - This results in the match ending suddenly because the score was 35 - 15 because it it is over the 25 kill limit, that or all 5 loosing team member quit - that is better than a 5v1 going on for ages but the match is already destroyed.

This is why jate join is so very important and also why it is important to have fewer game modes - no mercenary, no classic, no hardcore, no elimination - you can consolidate some modes (same with CO-OP) so you can have larger player pools to that find match and players will be quicker and easier with much less lag - this means good team balancing and matchmaking and no more 5v1 20 min matches.

Its all part of the bigger picture to create a better game.

Usually when one person quit it destroys the game resulting in more one-sided quitting.

- i actually dont mind being on a team of 3 or 2 or even on my own vs a 5 man team (once the other theam is not all level XXX and playing like uber tryhards so I can get some kills) because it means more kills for me and intense duals which i like.

My favourite matches in UC2 are 4v4 or 3v3 (on the smaller maps) so it sucks when the match finishes at 40 or 25.

I dont know the person but from what i see here he take the game too seriously like most people on here Smiley Tongue

I play to have fun, once the match premotes good gameplay and I have fun I dont care which side wins.

Maybe they should have points (or something along them lines) for the loosing team if you play well (like the quickest looser or something) ??

Yemen - good map, but a small bit too closed off me - with the lower area not being used enough, the middle open areas being too segrated by the building in the middle with the level difference front and back (id rather it be more symetrical, with one level on all sides of building in the middle and different levels on the side .

Fort - agreed its agreat map that plays well with all playstyles. I love the sniping on it myself or with the Gmal but you can do very well with the M9. I like its weather, it is very like Flodded Ruins imo just the visuals are not as good.

I have some really really great ideas which would make the map even better and it involves very little work. Flanking would be much quicker and easier and everyone would have no choice but to love the map including Aurellia LOL. 

Train Wreck - Yes its great for TO (in UC2 anyway), its just ok for deathmatch  - needs more cover in the open area and another carriage on the side near the tank - another passenger carrage would be great. Id like it snowy but clear, the blizard was annoying with campers corner shooting.

Plaza - a great map, agreed we need more like it.

Highrise - was better in UC2 compared to UC3 where it is only ok imo, it is especially highlighted in the climbing department since you cant grap half of the stuff in UC3 or else you bounce off (id bet there are 5005 more death due to falling in UC3 compared to UC2). The map has some brilliantly designed areas but some are too segrated from the rest of the action, the darkness hurts it.

Sprint is a big part of the reason why Village TDM doesnt work for me in UC3.

Message 38 of 194 (712 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

Lol, I don't care about KDR, I don't even care about WLR, I didn't care about leaderboards being removed and I care even less about stat cards. I look at my stat card only to improve as a player and to set goals for myself.  

I have just above a 2 KDR and a 1.5 WLR, 150 unluckies and 180 quits from lagouts and disconecting, if you think that I am a stat junkie, then you obviously don't know what it is.

Winning matches is the goal of every single multiplayer game. If someone plays for fun and wants to win, is he/she considered a stat junkie? 

Powerplays are not a good thing. If ND made a poll asking if powerplays should be in the new UC, I guarantee that more people will vote no than yes.

BG himself once said:
"Whoever is better at the game should win the game. You got a bunch of powerplays to help people that suck, but If you suck at the game, you're supposed to lose. That's just how it is, if you suck at something, you're not supposed to win. They set up the game so that if you suck at it, they try to help you win. If someone sucks at a game, usually what they try to do is learn it, get better at it, so they no longer suck."

If you are playing alone and you start taking the lead, when marked man comes, I can't protect someone when the entire opposing team rushes at us, I'm only one guy. For Double Damage, I'm happy that it's now 1.5 damage, but DD always was and always will be 'hide from the enemy for one minute'. I mean before the patch, all they had to do was punch you and you would die.

When I play a game, sometimes a bunch of people quit, when the score doesn't even pass 5 kills. Sometimes a glitch happens and no one late joins for the rest of the match. Sometimes it's a 3v1 and we spend the entire 20 minutes tying to find the player and the score doesn't even get to 50 which can be annoying.

I mean just the other day, I was playing in a po5. Everyone quit except for one person and no one latejoined, we had 10 kills left, and it took us 6-8 minutes to kill the player 10 times.  It almost took us an entire standard match to get 10 kills? 

If you click the link below,  in this match 5 people quit within the first 30 seconds of the game and no one late joined. This match took 17 minutes. In UC2, the kill limit would've been 40, and the match would've ended faster. 

http://gyazo.com/abbc82a1dcafad38a8efa15ae494b590

Here is another example of why late joining is lousy. 

http://gyazo.com/94e248f38d27ac97b9b5b774d9701ce7

This was already a 1v2 match and I was already losing in highrise, we were finally making a comeback when I got the T-bolt, but the third player in the scoreboard late joined and completely gave us no chance to win. This is only one example of when it happens. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 194 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Dec 31, 2013

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Lol, I don't care about KDR, I don't even care about WLR, I didn't care about leaderboards being removed and I care even less about stat cards. I look at my stat card only to improve as a player and to set goals for myself.  

I have just above a 2 KDR and a 1.5 WLR, 150 unluckies and 180 quits from lagouts and disconecting, if you think that I am a stat junkie, then you obviously don't know what it is.

Winning matches is the goal of every single multiplayer game. If someone plays for fun and wants to win, is he/she considered a stat junkie? 

Powerplays are not a good thing. If ND made a poll asking if powerplays should be in the new UC, I guarantee that more people will vote no than yes.

BG himself once said:
"Whoever is better at the game should win the game. You got a bunch of powerplays to help people that suck, but If you suck at the game, you're supposed to lose. That's just how it is, if you suck at something, you're not supposed to win. They set up the game so that if you suck at it, they try to help you win. If someone sucks at a game, usually what they try to do is learn it, get better at it, so they no longer suck."

If you are playing alone and you start taking the lead, when marked man comes, I can't protect someone when the entire opposing team rushes at us, I'm only one guy. For Double Damage, I'm happy that it's now 1.5 damage, but DD always was and always will be 'hide from the enemy for one minute'. I mean before the patch, all they had to do was punch you and you would die.

When I play a game, sometimes a bunch of people quit, when the score doesn't even pass 5 kills. Sometimes a glitch happens and no one late joins for the rest of the match. Sometimes it's a 3v1 and we spend the entire 20 minutes tying to find the player and the score doesn't even get to 50 which can be annoying.

I mean just the other day, I was playing in a po5. Everyone quit except for one person and no one latejoined, we had 10 kills left, and it took us 6-8 minutes to kill the player 10 times.  It almost took us an entire standard match to get 10 kills? 

If you click the link below,  in this match 5 people quit within the first 30 seconds of the game and no one late joined. This match took 17 minutes. In UC2, the kill limit would've been 40, and the match would've ended faster. 

http://gyazo.com/abbc82a1dcafad38a8efa15ae494b590

Here is another example of why late joining is lousy. 

http://gyazo.com/94e248f38d27ac97b9b5b774d9701ce7

This was already a 1v2 match and I was already losing in highrise, we were finally making a comeback when I got the T-bolt, but the third player in the scoreboard late joined and completely gave us no chance to win. This is only one example of when it happens. 

ok, you seem like cool enough guy, but you should loosen up a tad.

I have no clue what my KDR is, other than its over 30000 kills, WLR no clue, unluckies and quits you guessed it no clue, I dont care enough to check and i have no goals other that to have fun, I dont take it that seriously. I honestly think there should be no stats available other than Kills and Wins and Money.

Wanting to win is fine as long as it doesnt go to extremes like intensive camping, corner shooting and all the general knobhead play you often get from level XXX tryhards who cant take a loss and quit when something doesnt go their way.

What MAJORITY will vote no to powerplays ?? The majority of the forum (when it was big) would obviously, but the forum only represents a very small minority of the community, a lot of whom think their opinion is the only important one. They could be very stubborn and couldnt look at something from another perspective but their own. A lot were tryhards (same goes for a lot of youtube people who post gameplay vids of killstreaks). Pointless trying to have a constructive argument with most of them.

Look at Classic - The Majority of people dont like it as is evident by its small player pool.

I have more of a problem being killed by kickbacks than i do with being killed as a result of powerplays. ya the powerplays suck and are unfair (they werent done properly) but im not so desperate not to be killed that i will hide during double damage - that is unsportsman like behavior as a result of taking it too seriously. I see no difference between it and quitting.

- i play exactly the same and move around regardless of double damage.
Powerplays exist to prevent complete one-sided matches and quitting - the idea was good, they just werent done right.

If I was given a choice of Powerplays as they are get rid of them then I would get rid of them as well, but if they were fairer then they could be good. Disruption (winning team cant see player arrows), Free Kickbacks (loosing team get kickbacks activated without using any of their medals) Exposed, and Extra Health are all good powerplays and are fair for the winning team.

The team that plays better should still win, yes, but in the case that they are completely destroying the other team then yes, the loosing team should be gives a perk to keep them from being completely trampled over, to allow them to get some kills on the board and keep them from being completely humilated ( like a consolation goal) - allow them to get some bit of enjoyment out of the match or would you rather have lots more quitting instead ??

The winning team also needs some bit of a challange dont they ?? or is a stomping session more fun ??

I watch BG mostly for laughs now days, and try trollin him lol, I agree with him with lots of things about games, but he takes online gaming way too seriously and he hates on New Players (noobs) and casuals for no reason when its not them who exploit and abuse things its the tryhards who do that (everyone then coppies them).

Like ive said, the purpose of powerplays is not to help loosing teams win, its to keep the match from being completely one-sided - which is a good idea since that is no fun for either side imo (unless you like stomping noobs).

Late join doesnt work perfectly in UC3 because of the poor matchmaking/player pool (and coding probably), that doesnt mean we should get rid of it in the future and forget about it for good - it can be improved to work a lot better all the time. Where as lowering the kill limit only favours the better team and does nothing to balance and make-up for the one-sidedness.

Also you could have quit yourself you know ??

Just because it doesnt work properly doesnt mean it should be gotten rid of - it works perfectly more often (if not a lot more often) than not.

I could just as easily make an argument of how bad UC2 was when someone quit your team and with no late join you were destroyed. There is a reason late join is in lots of games.

You are just taking your loss too seriously - its the matchmaking at falt not late join.

You could have used a Powerplay id bet Smiley Wink.

This is exhausting.

Message 40 of 194 (686 Views)