Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: UC3 = Bad Code

Dec 31, 2013

The powerplays you mentioned sound a lot better than the ones that exist in the game now. If only they were the actual powerplays .

I wasn't only talking about the forums. I mean if ND updated the message of the day and somehow made a poll asking about powerplays so that it's mandatory for you to vote, I can't say that everyone will vote for no powerplays but based on listening to all the people I play with, the majority want them gone. 

I like classic, though it's a shame, I wasn't able to find any matches after the patch.

I'm not really a fan of kickbacks, I would've liked them to only be in co-op to speed up the match so it wouldn't have been as slow as UC2.

I understand what you say about powerplays but what I mean't was if there is an intense match between two very good players carrying their teams, sometimes, one team will start taking the lead, thus activaataing marked man. The third player typically won't be the worst or best player hence it being the third player in the scoreboard.  If one man rushes, I can handle killing him, but eventually, the whole team will rush and my marked man won't be able to defend himself giving away valuable points changing the score to the others favour.

I won't bring up late joining again. I already said what I think about it. I hope that in the next game, We have the option to turn it off and also that matchmaking is based on KDR and not rank/legacy so that it won't late join a vet on the opposite team when it's already a 1v2 or 2v3.

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 41 of 194 (609 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

The powerplays you mentioned sound a lot better than the ones that exist in the game now. If only they were the actual powerplays .

I wasn't only talking about the forums. I mean if ND updated the message of the day and somehow made a poll asking about powerplays so that it's mandatory for you to vote, I can't say that everyone will vote for no powerplays but based on listening to all the people I play with, the majority want them gone. 

I like classic, though it's a shame, I wasn't able to find any matches after the patch.

I'm not really a fan of kickbacks, I would've liked them to only be in co-op to speed up the match so it wouldn't have been as slow as UC2.

I understand what you say about powerplays but what I mean't was if there is an intense match between two very good players carrying their teams, sometimes, one team will start taking the lead, thus activaataing marked man. The third player typically won't be the worst or best player hence it being the third player in the scoreboard.  If one man rushes, I can handle killing him, but eventually, the whole team will rush and my marked man won't be able to defend himself giving away valuable points changing the score to the others favour.

I won't bring up late joining again. I already said what I think about it. I hope that in the next game, We have the option to turn it off and also that matchmaking is based on KDR and not rank/legacy so that it won't late join a vet on the opposite team when it's already a 1v2 or 2v3.

This is a good constructive discussion
Ya, its a pitty,
Marked Man would actually be fine if it started with the top player on the team and then moved to the second if the first dies...etc - it would be completely fine then imo (being marked for 5 deaths is a pain though). It would be easier to get Hard Target and Guard Duty medals and it would encourage more defending of the VIP.If only ND would change it - it is a simple fix. The player at the top of the score board is VIP first and it cycle down if he dies.

it is annoying when the Power plays kick in when 2 teams are balanced and one pulls ahead Im not 100% sure when the powerplays kick in now - is it 7= marked man, 10 = exposed, 15 = 1.5 damage ??? - if they change it so that Marked Man doesnt start till 10 kills - then Exposed etc.

That along with fixing Marked Man like i said above and I think they would be pritty good no ??

or if ND just remove marked man now, i.e. limiting the powerplays to just Exposed and 1.5 damage then UC3 would be a lot better. (I actually didnt think Exposed need to be nerfed in 1.18, it isnt much of an advantage at all now especially on long/large maps)

Im not so sure the majority would vote to get rid of them especially with a lot of F2P and casuals in the mix. If they did, the margin would be small imo.

There is a reason there is a lot more playing Standard TDM compared to Classic and it was the same with Hardcore. I know there are other reasons why people like it better but some reasons would include Powerplays.

here is somthing is found on google just there about Powerplays, i know its from the beta but still it was about the idea of power plays - they seem to be optimistic.

like the kotaku guy said - its really just the vets that dont like the powerplays.

I think there needs to be a greater reward for the winning team if they do well during the powerplays, one that wouldnt benefit them in that match as that would make the powerplay pointless in the first place.

If Money was more important - if you could use it to buy and unlocking more kinds of things kinda like tournament prizes as-well as weapons, mods, boosters etc.  and if there wasnt as much money given for medals and if there was a level cap on how much money you could have in your wallet at any one time then that could work well imo.

I like the idea of kickbacks just dont like the way  power weapon Kickbacks work - a player/team is doing very well and they get loads of kickbacks -  all kills tends to just be power weapon after power weapon from that point on.

i almost lost my all my post again but it saved this time :smileysurprised:

I might start a thread just about powerplays now.

Message 42 of 194 (596 Views)
Fender Bender
2429 posts

Jan 1, 2014

A thread full of constructive discussion gets ignored by everyone but a thread about beating Lebandit gets tons of replies lol :s

And I agree Dirusption should have been a Power Play, Cursed could have been a Power Play, I like the higher Health as well, hope ND is lurking this thread.

As for classic I actually find games rather fast in classic. I think it's a great mode plus the fact I use the AK as ny main gun helps alot. People ignore classic because it lacks the bells & whistles of TDM. I wish more people played it I would never touch TDM. 

Message 43 of 194 (589 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

^^LOL like always (who ever that is)

and cloaked should NOT make you immune to a powerplay.

Consolidation of less popular modes is the way to go.

This is why i want ND to keep working on fixing UC3 - there isnt much gameplay issues left to fix to make it as good as it can be gameplay wise (im not counting technical LOL) - so the foundation, core gameplay mechanics etc. will be solid for the future and they dont have to readdress them again and again. So they can fix new issues fast and add new stuff.

its because I care about it that I criticize it at times.

Message 44 of 194 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2429 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

This is why i want ND to keep working on fixing UC3 - there isnt much gameplay issues left to fix to make it as good as it can be gameplay wise (im not counting technical LOL) - so the foundation, core gameplay mechanics etc. will be solid for the future and they dont have to readdress them again and again. So they can fix new issues fast and add new stuff.

Agreed but I don't think they cared enough to fix cloaked gotta sell dem stat hats lol.

I think ND just wants to be done with UC3, i'm sure they never anticipated UC3 would become such a headache for them lol. But the only thing left is to consolidate the playlist.

How would like tosee them go about doing that?

And we all care otherwise we wouldn't be here daily & criticism is sometimes good. :smileyhappy: 

Message 45 of 194 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 1, 2014

It is a different game but I found the TLoU MP to be remarkably balanced so I'm cautiously optimistic that ND will continue to improve the MP modes for and future titles (Uncharted and others).

As far as UC2 versus UC3, I prefer competitive in UC3 (even with its issues), the cooperative for each game have their strengths/weaknesses (both are fun) and the singleplayer for UC2 is better (although I did still enjoy the UC3 campaign). 

The minutiae of game mechanics of competitive could be argued ad nauseum but in the end, I think its subjective – I simply find UC3 more fun than UC2.

Message 46 of 194 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Agreed but I don't think they cared enough to fix cloaked gotta sell dem stat hats lol.

I think ND just wants to be done with UC3, i'm sure they never anticipated UC3 would become such a headache for them lol. But the only thing left is to consolidate the playlist.

And we all care otherwise we wouldn't be here daily & criticism is sometimes good. :smileyhappy: 

Constructive Criticism is always good to hear as you learn from it compared to yesmen just always saying yes.

Playlist

1 - {Team Deathmatch}

2 - {Elimination, Classic, Hardcore??}

3 - {Plunder, Team Objective}

4 - {3-Team, Free for All (lower Free for All's player count to 6 so its the same as 3-Team)}

Either throw all the Block Mesh Maps into normal map rotation (or just into TDM) or throw the lab into playlist 1 or 2.

Thats 4 playlists instead of 8.

and throw all the CO-OP into one as well.

Message 47 of 194 (557 Views)
Fender Bender
2429 posts

Jan 1, 2014

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

It is a different game but I found the TLoU MP to be remarkably balanced so I'm cautiously optimistic that ND will continue to improve the MP modes for and future titles (Uncharted and others).

As far as UC2 versus UC3, I prefer competitive in UC3 (even with its issues), the cooperative for each game have their strengths/weaknesses (both are fun) and the singleplayer for UC2 is better (although I did still enjoy the UC3 campaign). 

The minutiae of game mechanics of competitive could be argued ad nauseum but in the end, I think its subjective – I simply find UC3 more fun than UC2.

TLOU is more balanced mostly because the game is so bare bones so it makes it easier to tweak. I think ND did well with UC3, the major problem was the darn community being so divided, arrogant & stubborn & ND being caught in the middle trying to please everyone.

I prefer TDM in UC2 but every other comp mode in UC3. Co-op is better in UC2 but the lower health ruined it for me but Survival & Seige is still miles better than Arena in UC3. 

*Prays they finally give us their own twisted version of an actual Horde mode for UC4 Co-op*

Message 48 of 194 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2429 posts

Jan 1, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Constructive Criticism is always good to hear as you learn from it compared to yesmen just always saying yes.

Playlist

1 - {Team Deathmatch}

2 - {Elimination, Classic, Hardcore??}

3 - {Plunder, Team Objective}

4 - {3-Team, Free for All (lower Free for All's player count to 6 so its the same as 3-Team)}

Either throw all the Block Mesh Maps into normal map rotation (or just into TDM) or throw the lab into playlist 1 or 2.

Thats 4 playlists instead of 8.

and throw all the CO-OP into one as well.

Yes *constructive* criticism is always good like your threads.

Yup I pretty much agree with that I wish they would consolidate the Objectives playlist ASAP those are the modes I play 95% of the time it seems only foreigners play plunder & that lag is most times unbearable -.-. 

Elimination & Classic would still be dead but atleast the 10 people who play Elimination will find players now lol.

Message 49 of 194 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

Heh. Both games are broken.

Uncharted 2 is just less broken.

Obviously not including the glitches, if I did that Uncharted 2 is beyond even repair,.

Message 50 of 194 (533 Views)
0 Likes