Fender Bender
3423 posts

Re: UC3 = Bad Code

Jan 1, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Heh. Both games are broken.

Uncharted 2 is just less broken.

Obviously not including the glitches, if I did that Uncharted 2 is beyond even repair,.

Neither games are broken. They have glaring faults but very much playable & still enjoyable.

Message 51 of 194 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 1, 2014

They both are still great games, but they probably could've and would've been better if some things weren't changed or even put in the game in the first place.

I mean, what was the point of putting a weapon only designed for blindfire like the Kal-7 in the game? The game would've been so much better without it.

Due to game pace and experience, I prefer UC3, over UC2. But what I say is biased because I played UC3 a lot longer than I did UC2. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 52 of 194 (416 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Jan 1, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Obviously not including the glitches, if I did that Uncharted 2 is beyond even repair,.

Neither games are broken. They have glaring faults but very much playable & still enjoyable.

If my PS4 doesn't always switch on which it doesn't I have to mess with it. It's got faults and is broken. It's still playable and enjoyable.

Faults = Broken

Message 53 of 194 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Jan 1, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

If my PS4 doesn't always switch on which it doesn't I have to mess with it. It's got faults and is broken. It's still playable and enjoyable.

Faults = Broken

No Broken = Not working, unplayable.

Faults = Issues that can be resolved. 

Message 54 of 194 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Jan 1, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

Uncharted 2 can't be resolved. They don't have a team for it.

Uncharted 3 can't be resolved either. 1.18 was the last patch according to ND.

So they are still both broken.

Message 55 of 194 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Jan 1, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

UC2 is still quite functional, something that is broken simply doesn't work.

UC3 is played by around 15 - 20k people daily why would people play a 'broken' game?

And ND chooses to not fix UC2 & they don't need to i'm almost sure next year Sony will probably announce they are planning to shut down the servers. 

ND made a great final patch for UC3 which you praised initially. I think they addressed everything major that needed to be addressed. What is so bad about UC3 after patch 1.18 that it's game breaking?

Message 56 of 194 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jan 2, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

UC3 is played by around 15 - 20k people daily why would people play a 'broken' game?

And ND chooses to not fix UC2 & they don't need to i'm almost sure next year Sony will probably announce they are planning to shut down the servers. 

ND made a great final patch for UC3 which you praised initially. I think they addressed everything major that needed to be addressed. What is so bad about UC3 after patch 1.18 that it's game breaking?

I agree that Sony will probably shut down the UC2 servers but let's hope not. 

Message 57 of 194 (384 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Jan 2, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

I still think the patch was great.

It can't fix powerplays which break in game balance. It can't fix many other things which are stuck in the game for mechanical reasons.

Many people play many broken games. CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, All the Assassin Creed multiplayers, Rivals, Resident Evil 6 and so on.

Just because something is a mess doesn't mean it can't still be fun. Even though I can't understand why anyone would play the RE6 DLC online.

Message 58 of 194 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

It can't fix powerplays which break in game balance. It can't fix many other things which are stuck in the game for mechanical reasons.

Many people play many broken games. CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, All the Assassin Creed multiplayers, Rivals, Resident Evil 6 and so on.

Just because something is a mess doesn't mean it can't still be fun. Even though I can't understand why anyone would play the RE6 DLC online.

ND wants power plays in UC3 though they could have removed it if they wanted they simply tweaked it. 

All the other stuff you maybe talking about might just be purely subjective. Like I said sure UC3 has faults but broken it is not.

I have Ghosts & Rivals on Xbox One and both games are pretty fun online & NFS is not broken it's actually one of the better launch games imo. I don't play AC games tho so can't comment. 

I understand that but something being a mess still doesn't equate to it being broken, there's nothing in UC3 that makes it's a broken game or unplayable except of course lag lol.

Message 59 of 194 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

ND wants power plays in UC3 though they could have removed it if they wanted they simply tweaked it. 

All the other stuff you maybe talking about might just be purely subjective. Like I said sure UC3 has faults but broken it is not.

I have Ghosts & Rivals on Xbox One and both games are pretty fun online & NFS is not broken it's actually one of the better launch games imo. I don't play AC games tho so can't comment. 

I understand that but something being a mess still doesn't equate to it being broken, there's nothing in UC3 that makes it's a broken game or unplayable except of course lag lol.

I'd say the entire concept of Rivals is broken. You drive around? Enhance your player score? I may have been missing something but it seemed like the most shallow of concepts I've seen since the Atari days.

Snipers are broken in Ghosts, then again most of the weapons kill you in about 1 second flat. The entire balance is broken. It's Infinity Ward though. They haven't balanced anything right since they got lucky with the first Modern Warfare.

Message 60 of 194 (364 Views)
0 Likes