wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Heh. Both games are broken.

Uncharted 2 is just less broken.

Obviously not including the glitches, if I did that Uncharted 2 is beyond even repair,.

Neither games are broken. They have glaring faults but very much playable & still enjoyable.

If my PS4 doesn't always switch on which it doesn't I have to mess with it. It's got faults and is broken. It's still playable and enjoyable.

Faults = Broken

No Broken = Not working, unplayable.

Faults = Issues that can be resolved. 

Uncharted 2 can't be resolved. They don't have a team for it.

Uncharted 3 can't be resolved either. 1.18 was the last patch according to ND.

So they are still both broken.

You're being irrational.

UC2 is still quite functional, something that is broken simply doesn't work.

UC3 is played by around 15 - 20k people daily why would people play a 'broken' game?

And ND chooses to not fix UC2 & they don't need to i'm almost sure next year Sony will probably announce they are planning to shut down the servers. 

ND made a great final patch for UC3 which you praised initially. I think they addressed everything major that needed to be addressed. What is so bad about UC3 after patch 1.18 that it's game breaking?

I still think the patch was great.

It can't fix powerplays which break in game balance. It can't fix many other things which are stuck in the game for mechanical reasons.

Many people play many broken games. CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, All the Assassin Creed multiplayers, Rivals, Resident Evil 6 and so on.

Just because something is a mess doesn't mean it can't still be fun. Even though I can't understand why anyone would play the RE6 DLC online.

ND wants power plays in UC3 though they could have removed it if they wanted they simply tweaked it. 

All the other stuff you maybe talking about might just be purely subjective. Like I said sure UC3 has faults but broken it is not.

I have Ghosts & Rivals on Xbox One and both games are pretty fun online & NFS is not broken it's actually one of the better launch games imo. I don't play AC games tho so can't comment. 

I understand that but something being a mess still doesn't equate to it being broken, there's nothing in UC3 that makes it's a broken game or unplayable except of course lag lol.

I'd say the entire concept of Rivals is broken. You drive around? Enhance your player score? I may have been missing something but it seemed like the most shallow of concepts I've seen since the Atari days.

Snipers are broken in Ghosts, then again most of the weapons kill you in about 1 second flat. The entire balance is broken. It's Infinity Ward though. They haven't balanced anything right since they got lucky with the first Modern Warfare.

It's an open world sorta racing MMO esque game, it's the best NFS since Hot Pursuit. The gameplay is fun isn't that what matters in a racing game?

lol hasn't that been COD whomever gets the jump on you wins?

I see we have strayed totally off topic Smiley Sad

Message 61 of 194 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Re: UC3 = Bad Code

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

^^

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn

please continue, I get amusement out of it.

Message 62 of 194 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: UC3 & UC2 = The Good & The Great

Jan 2, 2014
In this thread: Varying definitions/interpretations of the word broken.
Message 63 of 194 (304 Views)
Survivor
2689 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Obviously not including the glitches, if I did that Uncharted 2 is beyond even repair,.

Neither games are broken. They have glaring faults but very much playable & still enjoyable.

If my PS4 doesn't always switch on which it doesn't I have to mess with it. It's got faults and is broken. It's still playable and enjoyable.

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

UC3 is played by around 15 - 20k people daily why would people play a 'broken' game?

And ND chooses to not fix UC2 & they don't need to i'm almost sure next year Sony will probably announce they are planning to shut down the servers. 

ND made a great final patch for UC3 which you praised initially. I think they addressed everything major that needed to be addressed. What is so bad about UC3 after patch 1.18 that it's game breaking?

It can't fix powerplays which break in game balance.

Do Powerplays really bother you that much ??

I dont really take any issue with the Powerplays now other that Marked Man kicks in too early (7 kills ??), it should kick in at 9 or 10. (The fact the VIP doesnt change player when killed doesnt really bother me much at this stage, its minor, but it would be better if they just changed it to the top player on the team.)

They could also just simply remove Marked Man - would you be ok with Powerplays then ??

Exposed was over-nerfed, imo it didnt need it. 1.5 damage is much appreciated and im pritty happy with it (though 50% xtra health for the loosing team would be better for both sides imo)

Message 64 of 194 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

I dont really take any issue with the Powerplays now other that Marked Man kicks in too early (7 kills ??), it should kick in at 9 or 10. (The fact the VIP doesnt change player when killed doesnt really bother me much at this stage, its minor, but it would be better if they just changed it to the top player on the team.)

They could also just simply remove Marked Man - would you be ok with Powerplays then ??

Exposed was over-nerfed, imo it didnt need it. 1.5 damage is much appreciated and im pritty happy with it (though 50% xtra health for the loosing team would be better for both sides imo)

Marked Man starts if you're leading by 8, Exposed by 10 and Double Damage by 15.

I understand that you said powerplays are in the game to keep the game from being one sided, but a difference of 8 kills doesn't completely sound like a one sided match if it is in the last 20 kills. A kill limit to powerplays so that it won't kick in after 30 kills still giving a fair chance to both sides sounds like a good idea to me. 

Yesterday I was playing with a friend and I think marked man kicked in at 37 kills but I can't be sure. It was definitely over 30. I'll have to go re-watch the cinema. 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 65 of 194 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

It can't fix powerplays though which break in game balance.

Marked Man starts if you're leading by 8, Exposed by 10 and Double Damage by 15.

I understand that you said powerplays are in the game to keep the game from being one sided, but a difference of 8 kills doesn't completely sound like a one sided match if it is in the last 20 kills. A kill limit to powerplays so that it won't kick in after 30 kills still giving a fair chance to both sides sounds like a good idea to me. 

Yesterday I was playing with a friend and I think marked man kicked in at 37 kills but I can't be sure. It was definitely over 30. I'll have to go re-watch the cinema. 

I was actually going to say something the opposite LOL, kind of anyway, see below..

I think that not allowing powerplays to start after 40 kills is counter-productive and bad in lots of cases - in that if winning team is flying through the match at a very fast pace - e.g. the score is 40 - 10, before the 3rd powerplay even kicks in. It also can be the case where the kill gap does not occur until later on in the match - e.g. 40 - 25 - when the pace at which the winning teams increases a lot - this happens is due to the time gap there is between powerplays starting (what is it, 1 min ??).

I understand what you saying though and I do agree - that when both teams are fairly matched and one team just edges in front - a powerplays is often un-needed - in that the loosing team can often pull back to even the match without the need for a power-play (sometimes by the time Marked Man actually kicks-in the score difference can be down to 5 and the powerplay is railed within 20 seconds).

And at the later point of a match a powerplay can put the loosing team at an advantage if they are already making a comeback and they can over take and win (it is rare enough for them to win though).

There are issue but I still believe the idea of powerplays is good. - The AI for powerplays just needs to be more advanced for UC4 - the criteria to qualify for a powerplay needs to be more complex.

I think removing Marked Man and limiting the powerplays to 2 {just Exposed at 10 and Double(1.5) Damage at 15} would help lessen both issues - higher score difference so wouldnt kick-in when un-needed and with only 2 powerplays there wouldnt be an issue with the score getting to 40 - 10 without having the 3rd powerplay.

For UC4 the AI for the powerplays just needs to be more advanced - the criteria for Starting (and Ending) a powerplay needs to be more complex.

This is an idea of mine thats a little like the movie SPEED.

- One Powerplay per match, with the length/duration of powerplay depending on which one it is (just examples; it could be 30 or 1 min of free kickbacks depending on what kickbacks are available or 2 mins of disruptuion, or 1 min of exposed, or 2 mins of extra health, just examples again)

- If the Kill Score difference goes over say 10 kills a clock starts - if after say 1 or 2 minutes that score difference increases then a powerplay starts - by how much the score difference increases during that 1 minute determines what powerplay will happen (e.g. 0 - 2 = Free kickbacks, 2 - 4 = Disruption, 4 - 6 = Exposed, 6+ = Extra Health).

-However if the score difference drops below 10 kills then no powerplay kicks in.

Thoughts ???, I think its pritty ingenious if I dont say so myself Smiley Very Happy, ND should be paying me for giving this kind service, these great just keep coming to me in my sleep. (no joke, I want a job).

Message 66 of 194 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Jan 2, 2014

At the least it's clear when the PowerPlays in UC3 are in effect and they have a definite end.  Even though I think TLoU mp is better technically, the balance/supply system is a bit of a mystery, in terms of when it kicks in and if it ends, it's not clear when.

Message 67 of 194 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Faults = Broken

You're being irrational.

I was actually going to say something the opposite LOL, kind of anyway, see below..

I think that not allowing powerplays to start after 40 kills is counter-productive and bad in lots of cases - in that if winning team is flying through the match at a very fast pace - e.g. the score is 40 - 10, before the 3rd powerplay even kicks in. It also can be the case where the kill gap does not occur until later on in the match - e.g. 40 - 25 - when the pace at which the winning teams increases a lot - this happens is due to the time gap there is between powerplays starting (what is it, 1 min ??).

I understand what you saying though and I do agree - that when both teams are fairly matched and one team just edges in front - a powerplays is often un-needed - in that the loosing team can often pull back to even the match without the need for a power-play (sometimes by the time Marked Man actually kicks-in the score difference can be down to 5 and the powerplay is railed within 20 seconds).

And at the later point of a match a powerplay can put the loosing team at an advantage if they are already making a comeback and they can over take and win (it is rare enough for them to win though).

There are issue but I still believe the idea of powerplays is good. - The AI for powerplays just needs to be more advanced for UC4 - the criteria to qualify for a powerplay needs to be more complex.

I think removing Marked Man and limiting the powerplays to 2 {just Exposed at 10 and Double(1.5) Damage at 15} would help lessen both issues - higher score difference so wouldnt kick-in when un-needed and with only 2 powerplays there wouldnt be an issue with the score getting to 40 - 10 without having the 3rd powerplay.

For UC4 the AI for the powerplays just needs to be more advanced - the criteria for Starting (and Ending) a powerplay needs to be more complex.

This is an idea of mine thats a little like the movie SPEED.

- One Powerplay per match, with the length/duration of powerplay depending on which one it is (just examples; it could be 30 or 1 min of free kickbacks depending on what kickbacks are available or 2 mins of disruptuion, or 1 min of exposed, or 2 mins of extra health, just examples again)

- If the Kill Score difference goes over say 10 kills a clock starts - if after say 1 or 2 minutes that score difference increases then a powerplay starts - by how much the score difference increases during that 1 minute determines what powerplay will happen (e.g. 0 - 2 = Free kickbacks, 2 - 4 = Disruption, 4 - 6 = Exposed, 6+ = Extra Health).

-However if the score difference drops below 10 kills then no powerplay kicks in.

Thoughts ???, I think its pritty ingenious if I dont say so myself Smiley Very Happy, ND should be paying me for giving this kind service, these great just keep coming to me in my sleep. (no joke, I want a job).

It is a good idea, but it looks too complicated. 

I don't know, but I agree with Aureilia. I dislike powerplays, It bothers me too much. I feel that the game would've been better without it.

I mean even with powerplays, do you think that it will stop people from quitting the game? It's natural, and in every game. If you run into a good party and you're alone, chances are that you are going to quit sometime during the match with or without powerplays.

If it's a match with no parties and one good player. They are still going to be intense throughout the whole game. take it from a guy with lots of lone wolf experince. Whenever I lone wolf, I am usually the only max ranked player in the lobby, so I get matched with the four worst players. I will rack up a lot of kills (25-40) but so will they from slaughtering my team mates. Usually the match never passes a 10 kill difference and if it does, it is either uncommon or I'm playing vs. a non-max ranked alt.

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 68 of 194 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2014

^^ I think it would actually be fairly easy to execute (they can track no. of medals for kickbacks and keep them from stacking), but im no expert on that kind of thing.

UC2 is better, but I think UC3 would be a lots worse without powerplays - Way more one-sided because of the Kickbacks and way more quitting as a result and lots more late joins. imo I think what we have is better.

The winning team doesnt have to like powerplays but they should understand the point of them. I think removing Marked Man would make them plenty fair.

Message 69 of 194 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3200 posts

Jan 2, 2014
Multi Marked Man could actually work had ND took the time to properly execute the idea . It was a decent power play on paper but i'll highlight the main faults from my perspective.
The name suggest it's 'Multi' Marked Man yet it's really not since it starts out with the player with the 3rd highest score / points. What tends to happen sometimes the player who gets killed will sometimes fall to 4th or 5th pretty much making them marked again giving them unfair deaths. 
ND should have made it so once you're marked & got killed you can't be marked again because lets face it if you're marked > got killed> respawned again as the Marked Man chances are you will spawn in an area where you have to expose yourself to get to a safe spot making it hard for you to defend yourself.
They should have given the team with the marked man an actual incentive to want to defend their target whether it be two extra KB medals or something.
What really breaks the power play is the fact that if there is a clear divide in skill on the team, the players who 'suck' will get marked, now if these players aren't good at the game. Why did ND think it was a great idea to have the people with the worst scores be marked 2 or 3 times back to back?

Message 70 of 194 (248 Views)
0 Likes