Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2677 posts

Re: UC3 = Bad Code

Jan 2, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:
Multi Marked Man could actually work had ND took the time to properly execute the idea . It was a decent power play on paper but i'll highlight the main faults from my perspective.
The name suggest it's 'Multi' Marked Man yet it's really not since it starts out with the player with the 3rd highest score / points. What tends to happen sometimes the player who gets killed will sometimes fall to 4th or 5th pretty much making them marked again giving them unfair deaths. 
ND should have made it so once you're marked & got killed you can't be marked again because lets face it if you're marked > got killed> respawned again as the Marked Man chances are you will spawn in an area where you have to expose yourself to get to a safe spot making it hard for you to defend yourself.
They should have given the team with the marked man an actual incentive to want to defend their target whether it be two extra KB medals or something.
What really breaks the power play is the fact that if there is a clear divide in skill on the team, the players who 'suck' will get marked, now if these players aren't good at the game. Why did ND think it was a great idea to have the people with the worst scores be marked 2 or 3 times back to back?

Agreed,

Also Marked Man works well for the loosing team at times (and its fun being marked or hunting at times) but other times it is completely irrelevent and does nothing to help the loosing team - either because they just arent good enough and cant take advantage of it, or the marked man is camping and himself and his whole team have the better ground and kill all the rushers.

Marked Man is too dependant on the VIP/team not camping (defending is ok but camping in a dead end or corner with only one exit is a bit dirty) and also the loosing team being good enough to work together and take advantage of the powerplay -

When a team work together and defend the marked man - often it can be even harder for the loosing team to get kills during this time.

For that reason I dont know just how helpful Marked Man really is to the loosing team (compared to Exposed and Double Damage).

and currently, Marked Man only singles out one player while the rest of the team get off free.

Message 71 of 194 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13522 posts

Jan 3, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Heh. Both games are broken.

Uncharted 2 is just less broken.

Obviously not including the glitches, if I did that Uncharted 2 is beyond even repair,.

Neither games are broken. They have glaring faults but very much playable & still enjoyable.

If my PS4 doesn't always switch on which it doesn't I have to mess with it. It's got faults and is broken. It's still playable and enjoyable.

Faults = Broken

No Broken = Not working, unplayable.

Faults = Issues that can be resolved. 

Uncharted 2 can't be resolved. They don't have a team for it.

Uncharted 3 can't be resolved either. 1.18 was the last patch according to ND.

So they are still both broken.

You're being irrational.

UC2 is still quite functional, something that is broken simply doesn't work.

UC3 is played by around 15 - 20k people daily why would people play a 'broken' game?

And ND chooses to not fix UC2 & they don't need to i'm almost sure next year Sony will probably announce they are planning to shut down the servers. 

ND made a great final patch for UC3 which you praised initially. I think they addressed everything major that needed to be addressed. What is so bad about UC3 after patch 1.18 that it's game breaking?

I still think the patch was great.

It can't fix powerplays which break in game balance. It can't fix many other things which are stuck in the game for mechanical reasons.

Many people play many broken games. CoD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, All the Assassin Creed multiplayers, Rivals, Resident Evil 6 and so on.

Just because something is a mess doesn't mean it can't still be fun. Even though I can't understand why anyone would play the RE6 DLC online.

ND wants power plays in UC3 though they could have removed it if they wanted they simply tweaked it. 

All the other stuff you maybe talking about might just be purely subjective. Like I said sure UC3 has faults but broken it is not.

I have Ghosts & Rivals on Xbox One and both games are pretty fun online & NFS is not broken it's actually one of the better launch games imo. I don't play AC games tho so can't comment. 

I understand that but something being a mess still doesn't equate to it being broken, there's nothing in UC3 that makes it's a broken game or unplayable except of course lag lol.

I'd say the entire concept of Rivals is broken. You drive around? Enhance your player score? I may have been missing something but it seemed like the most shallow of concepts I've seen since the Atari days.

Snipers are broken in Ghosts, then again most of the weapons kill you in about 1 second flat. The entire balance is broken. It's Infinity Ward though. They haven't balanced anything right since they got lucky with the first Modern Warfare.

It's an open world sorta racing MMO esque game, it's the best NFS since Hot Pursuit. The gameplay is fun isn't that what matters in a racing game?

lol hasn't that been COD whomever gets the jump on you wins?

I see we have strayed totally off topic :smileysad:

Nah it seems to only be a trend of Infinity Ward developed CoDs. Treyarch often make CoD's that require a little more thought and give players a bit more of a chance to turn around.

Message 72 of 194 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 3, 2014
just played some more UC3 and I can now confirm UC3 is a piece of crap.
Message 73 of 194 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jan 3, 2014

Blennerville wrote:

I want to play UC3 with you now (not now) can I add ya? 

And what lead you to this startling revelation? 

Message 74 of 194 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: UC3 & UC2 The Good & The Great

Jan 4, 2014
Goes 6-13. Comes to forum and proclaims game to be a piece of crap. -_-
Message 75 of 194 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jan 4, 2014

nationm04 wrote:
Goes 6-13. Comes to forum and proclaims game to be a piece of crap. -_-

No need to go there.

Everyone has bad games that makes one get frustrated with the game, as you have at times as you have said you hate UC3 after a BS match as well. :catindifferent:

Message 76 of 194 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 4, 2014
I absolutely hate UC3. I also love it. I'll never deny either. And you know there's only one thing in particular that actually causes the hate for me.

If I have a bad match in TDM (going even), I might complain to a couple friends in chat if there was an annoying cause for it. I'm not going to go to the company's forum and call it crap publicly.
Message 77 of 194 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

nationm04 wrote:
I absolutely hate UC3. I also love it. I'll never deny either. And you know there's only one thing in particular that actually causes the hate for me.

If I have a bad match in TDM (going even), I might complain to a couple friends in chat if there was an annoying cause for it. I'm not going to go to the company's forum and call it crap publicly.

Difference is he's been calling it crap for a really long time even before that bad match, like I said there's no need for you to go there & bring up stats, as you don't know what exactly happened why he said that. Anyways this is actually a decent thread so lets end this here.

Message 78 of 194 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

I want to play UC3 with you now (not now) can I add ya? 

And what lead you to this startling revelation? 

just the way the game plays really, its not fluid - I cant just pick it up and play and enjoy myself after taking a break from it. I could go play UC2 anytime and enjoy it even despite BS momemts but that doesnt happen with UC3, - I have to fight the game and most of the time the game wins - no fun. It really seems to be the case that I have to do good in a match for me to enjoy it, which is sad really because I dont want to be like that.

All the mechanics are not fluid and take a long time to get used to - {U3 never had that "natural" feeling to it ._. I wish they fixed that. The aiming doesn't feel right along with the camera speed, character movement/speed, clunky animations, aim assist, and the annoying tripping animations ever so present in every map compared to U2.
None of it felt natural and required u to get used to it :/ rather than to pick it up and get hooked with ease. Its like they designed this multi by putting many things together without proper thought just like the sp chapters >_>

I hope u4 is a smoother experience} - Silver-Knight47 = exactly how i feel.

- I used the Gmal, badly, - the nerf really made a mess of what that gun was about - a nerf was needed but it was the wrong one, - 7 HK with high accuracy would have been much better imo (it was great in hardcore). it does it job very poorly now, you could say it is broken ?.

I used the Fal, -the difference between this gun firing at full ROFand not really seems to have something to do with your connection and how much you are/arent lagging. Sometimes I can play the game - pick the Fal and it will work well with a high ROF no problem for the whole time im playing - the gun is good then. Another day it pick the Fal and it just wont fire fast no matter what. I really think it is connection based, there is no other way to explain it ??

The gun is very dependant on certain conditions now, - it really is limited to more tightly confined maps now where players tend to move in straighter lines and the scope is useless in most instances. At long range it is better to swap to the Para9 for its accuracy, that makes sense ??

Again the nerf was the wrong nerf - making it 5 HK with high recoil makes - destroys the point of the gun. A ROF nerf and stabilization would have been the better option imo.

The AK - There is no real point in having this gun in a loadout system (or even in classic the way it controls). The gun has to strength (it doesnt have high SP, The M9's SP is much more noticible and takes a effect a lot of the time).

Its damage is not good at a 5HK head & 7 HK torso when the M9 is also 5HK head & only 8HK torso and it has a higher ROF.

The buff was the wrong one and didnt do much to improve it anyway - The AK is supposed to be unaccurate. The AK is known for it big 7.62 bullet that puts people down. It should have been a 4HK to the head without doubt. Then it should have either been a 6HK to the torso or had slightly higher ROF (like it does in UC2).

The M9 is fine for the most part.

The blindfire - the last nerf was a waste of time as they addressed blindfire in general when it was only the M9 and Para9 that need addressing - and as it turns out they were not addressed - they are almost exactly the same as they were ?? - they are still great at blindfire.

The dragon - very high recoil with stick AA at close range and none at long was also made a mess of. It was fine in the beta with lower recoil and lower AA. A slightly slower ROF would have been the way to go if it was felt to be too powerful, People just spam it now.

All the guns feel wierd and dont control like they should and take way too long to get adjusted to. Using one gun also makes re-adjusting to another harder.

I couldnt even pick up the M9 and control the it properly, the M9!!!

Almost everything in UC3 seems to be very 1D - movement, shooting, jumping (gliding to the lerf always) and climbing all feel un-precise like you are controlling them with the D-pad.

I also seem to be lagging way more on UC3 compared to UC2 - getting sniped/meleed where I was standing a full second, why is that, worse code ??

A lot of the maps do not complement UC3 mechanics at all - example village with loadouts and kickbacks is mess and then you get spawned in the lower base and get cornered in with tryhards sniping/hammers/RPG - that must have been the 6 - 13 ??, I have no problem playing crap, that could happen in UC2 as well, I have a problem with UC3 being nothing crap and it annoys me.

The spawning is just as bad as UC2 ever was if not worse. Its just the buddy spawning hides it more (buddy spawning in itself is very poor). I spawned with an enemy 20 feet in front of me, I spawned into a Tbolt, I spawned with the enemy team, I spawned and was instantly killed by a grenade. I am in a 1v1 and a buddy spawn on the enemy.

When it comes to UC3 it was really just the summer beta that I could say I really enjoyed and didnt have to fight - It was different from UC2 but I felt it still had the magic and I felt good about the launch game. But the lauch game was completely different and had/has no magic.

I think following the UC2 model would eliminate a lot of this for UC4 and it is also bare-bones and would mean it would be easier to do. So ND should just start with UC2 1.04. It would be for the best.

Ya, you can add me if you want.

Message 79 of 194 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 4, 2014
Im upset that Uncharted multiplayer will never be as good as it once was :smileysad:
Message 80 of 194 (138 Views)
0 Likes