First Son
21 posts

Resistancve 3 looks worse than Resistance 2? Ahahaha. Get...

Nov 11, 2011

Resistance 3 looks worse than Resistance 2? Ahahaha. Get help. Please.

Message 21 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Rain to snow like they did with Facility? Nice idea thoug...

Nov 11, 2011

Rain to snow like they did with Facility? Nice idea though wasn't the Facility set on a tropical island high in the jungle - not sure where the snow came from there!

I don't understand the people here that diss others for making observations and opinions known - everyone has a right to feel their own emotions and opinions about this game and are justified in themselves.

I, for one, feel that UC3 is sub par compared to UC2 in both graphics and overall quality, not to mention the vast number of glitches and errors.

If you notice in the credits a lot of graphical and animation work was outsourced to China, this would probably explain why both Chloe and Elena now look Asian in appearance - sadly not a change for the better. Don't get me wrong, I am not moaning about or berating the whole game. The franchise still lives for me, the story and movie-esque style is as fantastic as ever. I just wish that the quality testers and summer Beta would have counted for something instead of us being given a retail release that is, in my opinion, unpolished and below the standard we come to expect from ND.

Message 22 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1279 posts

I agree to a certain extent, the animations are definitel...

Nov 11, 2011

I agree to a certain extent, the animations are definitely a step down and the graphics are jumpy, some maps look fantastic, some look good and some ok. I think the Museum is the best looking map in the MP, serioulsy the overhaul they gave that map is incredible. Chateau looks pretty nice as well along with the City of Brass and some others. One map in UC2 that stood out to me as being beautiful is the snow map I forget what its called, that's the best looking map imo. As far as the single player goes, I think that UC3 > UC2 for sure, in the graphics and gameplay aspect at least, the story is debatable and up to the player's personal opinion.

Honestly what I believe it was is that ND probably set themselves a huge goal for only 2 years of development. I mean they set out to make a better game that improved over the last in every way, on top of that they set out to make a MP that would compete with the big dogs out there, I don't think it did, but so far the community for UC3 seems bigger than it was for the last game. I mean they set out to make a big robust MP with deep customization. I'd say they failed in the DEEP aspect, it has decent customization, but its limited and flawed. I would have rather they have something like in UC2, just give us preset skins, but keep the color palette option there. I agree with what another person said, they need to give us more vibrant colors, the colors for pants especially are barely even noticeable. Also I don't like what they did to Chloe's face at all, up close she looks fine, but from far it looks like she had bad plastic surgery, I dunno what it is, they should have imported the character model from last game along with animations.

It just seems like they cut a few corners due to time constraint with a lot of their things and with UC2 they didn't cut that many if any at all. They were probably thinking too ambitious with this project, but in the time allotted they just couldn't do it all like they did with the last game, corners had to be cut which is why some aspects are not on par with UC2. This is just my theory so don't take my word for it, I bet if they had an extra year everything would definitely be better than the last game. Unfortunately it isn't so. With that said however, I still love the game, the MP is fun and I see myself playing this for a long time on and off like I did with UC2, hopefully if they make an Uncharted 4, they don't get too ambitious with it unless they are going to take an extra year for development. I hear they are already looking for workers for the next project which is apparently a third person action game.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Message 23 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Uncharted 3 graphics is superior to Uncharted 2 graphics,...

Nov 11, 2011
Uncharted 3 graphics is superior to Uncharted 2 graphics, and some characters models are better as well in Uncharted 3.

But I have to agree that Chloe model exclusively is a downgraded version of Uncharted 2 Chloe, something which has really disappointed me.
Message 24 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2106 posts

Yep, the graphics in U3 are a clear step down from U2. I...

Nov 11, 2011

Yep, the graphics in U3 are a clear step down from U2. I read somewhere that ND had to scale down the graphics in order to support 3D. It's such a shame, because very few people have 3D televisions. Fortunately, the 3D fad is dying down and smart developers are realizing nobody uses it, so they don't make their game suffer in order to support it. It is a real shame that they had to butcher the graphics in U3 just to support 3D for the ten people who own 3D televisions.

Message 25 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2106 posts

That is a hilarious observation.

Nov 11, 2011

grrlpurple wrote:

If you notice in the credits a lot of graphical and animation work was outsourced to China, this would probably explain why both Chloe and Elena now look Asian in appearance - sadly not a change for the better.

That is a hilarious observation.

Message 26 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

Maybe. Maybe it is due to the textures and saturation of...

Nov 11, 2011

OrangeAddict wrote:

@Ganamoy I would expect from "a long time gamer" to be more smarter than that. I've seen numerous posts about this about how people think they know what they are talking about when they don't. Firstly uncharted 3's graphics are by fact BETTER. Its easy to mis percieve uc2 looking better but thats coming from someone who doesn't understand the artisitic side of graphics. Many games may evoke different artistic styles and naughty dog has done so in their most recent game. The colour pallette in uncharted 3 blows away uc2 not to mention the textures in environment. Probably the biggest improvement is in the lighting and shadows. I suggest you take a look in the cinema mode of the character models before judging because as far as Im concerned excluding the dlc skins the character models are better just conveyed in a different style. UC2 had less saturated colours which made the textures and detail far more noticable

Maybe. Maybe it is due to the textures and saturation of the colors, but it looks worse, you have to admit.

Going in to Co-Op Adventure and looking at the cutscenes with the characters, the facial animation and character models look terrible. I don't care what it results from, the fact is that it doesn't look good to an outsider.

What I've learned from your post is that there is a reason that things are looking worse, but that doesn't excuse it. It's still a step down from Uncharted 2, aesthetically.

I refuse to believe that they improved the textures and colors of the environments, and somehow they couldn't fix the character models looking all blurry, lumpy, unrefined, and just generally worse :/ (just my opinion)

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 27 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

I hope the 3D capability was worth it for them, because t...

Nov 11, 2011

PlasticPulse wrote:

Yep, the graphics in U3 are a clear step down from U2. I read somewhere that ND had to scale down the graphics in order to support 3D. It's such a shame, because very few people have 3D televisions. Fortunately, the 3D fad is dying down and smart developers are realizing nobody uses it, so they don't make their game suffer in order to support it. It is a real shame that they had to butcher the graphics in U3 just to support 3D for the ten people who own 3D televisions.

I hope the 3D capability was worth it for them, because those who don't want it certainly suffered with this game. I have a 3D TV but with all of the other crap in my cabinet I didn't want to get stupid glasses that I'll never use. For those that use 3D, are the graphics better than they are without it? I'd be willing to give it a try if there's some massive improvement in the detail. I'm not talking about 3D effect, I'm talking about detail of the characters and the setting. 

Message 28 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

To be honest, I always thought the way Chloe ran in UC2 w...

Nov 11, 2011

To be honest, I always thought the way Chloe ran in UC2 was pretty ridiculous. They tried to cram every possible hip gyration into the movement that they could (to show off her, um, "assets"), and it looks seriously unnatural to me. Kinda like she's struggling to run, haha...

While I don't think the animation for UC3 looks all that great (though it's certainly more realistic), the same also applies to the guys, too. I think Drake runs quite stiffly, shoulders hunched in an awkward way. It mostly comes down to the arms, I guess. If they tucked them in a little, it'd look less weird to me.

As I've said before, there are some visual elements that I prefer in UC2; I don't mind saying that. But UC3 is still a great-looking multiplayer, and there are some improvements here and there. I honestly do not think it's a matter of 3D, I think it has much more to do with how much new stuff is crammed into it. We have the vast array of customizable characters and weapons, much more grandiose maps, as well as the various cinematic events that occur.

So, yeah.

Message 29 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

To be clear, having 3D in the game makes the graphics and...

Nov 11, 2011
To be clear, having 3D in the game makes the graphics and frame rate worse only in 3D mode. You always make the best 2D possible then optimize for stereo 3D. I haven't seen a good developer pump out 3D at the cost of 2D and it technically shouldn't work that way in the first place.
Message 30 of 44 (50 Views)
0 Likes