Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 12/19/2010
Offline
550 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

Oct 6, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:
MUCH STUFF CUT

see above my response in fat font (or whatever it's called) ^

 

oh, and if you have a reasonably response, feel free to post it, if you are just going to insult me again, please don't waste you're tim, thanks in advance


 

First thing: MGS3, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, Socom 4, Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 are all considered shooters in every piece of literature I’ve read about them. Their online components are always referred to as online shooters in the English-speaking world. More specifically they are often referred to as third-person shooters. I have never seen them not referred to as shooters. Two examples of them categorized as shooters: PSNProfiles and PS3Trophies.org. They are also all considered action games. And most of the time when one sees action/adventure the distinction is not apparent because neither action nor adventure is mutually exclusive. The Legend of Zelda is an adventure and it is nothing like Uncharted, that doesn’t mean that Uncharted is not an adventure. Some would say that Snake didn’t go on an adventure but he traversed jungle like Drake, he uses rocket launchers against helicopters like Drake, he can be stealthy like Drake, or should I say that Drake can ride in vehicles while shooting like Snake, and Drake can save women like Snake, and Drake can roll and punch enemies like Snake, etc, etc. Action/adventure is too generic a description to be meaningful.

 

You can disagree with my argument all you want, but once you start bringing allegations about my character and that my motives are in question, I take serious offense. I never make personal attacks first; the other person always opens the door as you did. You decided to try to insult me in order to make it seem like nothing I said was valid because I am whatever version of a trophy hunter you THINK I am. You inferred, guessed, used your imagination to fabricate the nature of my character from one statement which you misunderstood the meaning of. And for someone whose native language is not English, you should be even more hesitant to even mention imaginary things you’ve interpreted from such a singular statement. Not all trophy hunters are the same, so just because I say that I’m a trophy hunter doesn’t give you free reign to lump me into the negative class of every negative trophy hunter you’ve met or heard about. I did not just whine in that post, I made many statistical based statements. Nor am I un-skilled when it comes to obtaining trophies without boosting; I just don’t brag, nor does my level of skill have any impact on the nature of these DLC trophies with regards to time and repetition or how they compare on the bronze, silver, and gold trophy difficulty scale. I still have a lot of facts waiting to be posted there soon once I’ve obtained my 100%.

 

 Now about the statement you read on its own without understanding the context:

 

“I'm a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

I never said that I would not have bought UC3 by reason of the trophy list ALONE; I had said previously in the opening paragraph of that thread (not that post) that I had many issues with UC3, besides the trophies, and here I was saying that the trophy list would essentially have been the final nail in the coffin concerning my purchase. So the trophy system was only one of many things that would have prevented me from buying Uncharted 3. Some other people started saying that I only buy games for trophies because they ignored my comments about my problems with the rest of the game, but they were essentially fabricating lies and you spooned up their slander like fact an repeated it. I never discussed all my other issues about the game because they were not the subject of that thread, only the trophies were. Just like this thread was only supposed to be on a different topic where trophies should never have been mentioned. But people seem to like to go off-topic and infer things: so when I say Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to the clan system, I must mean that Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to color palettes, Tenzin’s lack of personal weapons, the pixilated tree shadows, … everything in the game. Unlike other people I prefer to stay on the immediate topic at hand and my comments are supposed to be attributed to the topic at hand and not other topics. If I have to explicitly elaborate on every single statement I ever write I would have to write stuff in a much more lengthy manner than I already do and Sony’s server might crash.; not to mention then some will not read everything I have said and they will then pick out a statement out of context and guess at what I mean and make up stuff about me.

 

As for your original argument: You could just have said: “I think UC3 doesn’t need a clan system because I think UC3 is intended for a casual audience, the majority of which I suspect would not want an intricate clan system and so the tag system is fine. I think only strategic online shooters need a complex clan system.” Then I would have said, “but Naughty Dog has designed many elements in the game to take much, much time, and for some of us with experience with complex clan systems, we have seen it as way to extend the fun and life of the game.” And just to be clear, in case you are thinking it, I never said anywhere in this thread that Naughty Dog should implement this complex type of clan system in UC3 now with any kind of patch; it’s too late. I am only saying that I would like to have seen one, and I am also saying that if ever they made an Uncharted 4, I hope they would consider employing one. I do think that they just copied what they saw in COD, and as far as I’m concerned they did the bare minimum when it comes to the clan system and obviously there are many players in UC3 who would like to have had a proper clan system. Even Naughty Dog believes in clans, because they themselves created a bare minimalistic tournament system, where tournaments in multiplayer games are intended for strong teams, and strong teams are a product of clans.

Photobucket
Message 31 of 38 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:
MUCH STUFF CUT

see above my response in fat font (or whatever it's called) ^

 

oh, and if you have a reasonably response, feel free to post it, if you are just going to insult me again, please don't waste you're tim, thanks in advance


 

First thing: MGS3, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, Socom 4, Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 are all considered shooters in every piece of literature I’ve read about them. Their online components are always referred to as online shooters in the English-speaking world. More specifically they are often referred to as third-person shooters. I have never seen them not referred to as shooters. Two examples of them categorized as shooters: PSNProfiles and PS3Trophies.org. They are also all considered action games. And most of the time when one sees action/adventure the distinction is not apparent because neither action nor adventure is mutually exclusive. The Legend of Zelda is an adventure and it is nothing like Uncharted, that doesn’t mean that Uncharted is not an adventure. Some would say that Snake didn’t go on an adventure but he traversed jungle like Drake, he uses rocket launchers against helicopters like Drake, he can be stealthy like Drake, or should I say that Drake can ride in vehicles while shooting like Snake, and Drake can save women like Snake, and Drake can roll and punch enemies like Snake, etc, etc. Action/adventure is too generic a description to be meaningful.

 

You can disagree with my argument all you want, but once you start bringing allegations about my character and that my motives are in question, I take serious offense. I never make personal attacks first; the other person always opens the door as you did. You decided to try to insult me in order to make it seem like nothing I said was valid because I am whatever version of a trophy hunter you THINK I am. You inferred, guessed, used your imagination to fabricate the nature of my character from one statement which you misunderstood the meaning of. And for someone whose native language is not English, you should be even more hesitant to even mention imaginary things you’ve interpreted from such a singular statement. Not all trophy hunters are the same, so just because I say that I’m a trophy hunter doesn’t give you free reign to lump me into the negative class of every negative trophy hunter you’ve met or heard about. I did not just whine in that post, I made many statistical based statements. Nor am I un-skilled when it comes to obtaining trophies without boosting; I just don’t brag, nor does my level of skill have any impact on the nature of these DLC trophies with regards to time and repetition or how they compare on the bronze, silver, and gold trophy difficulty scale. I still have a lot of facts waiting to be posted there soon once I’ve obtained my 100%.

 

 Now about the statement you read on its own without understanding the context:

 

“I'm a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

I never said that I would not have bought UC3 by reason of the trophy list ALONE; I had said previously in the opening paragraph of that thread (not that post) that I had many issues with UC3, besides the trophies, and here I was saying that the trophy list would essentially have been the final nail in the coffin concerning my purchase. So the trophy system was only one of many things that would have prevented me from buying Uncharted 3. Some other people started saying that I only buy games for trophies because they ignored my comments about my problems with the rest of the game, but they were essentially fabricating lies and you spooned up their slander like fact an repeated it. I never discussed all my other issues about the game because they were not the subject of that thread, only the trophies were. Just like this thread was only supposed to be on a different topic where trophies should never have been mentioned. But people seem to like to go off-topic and infer things: so when I say Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to the clan system, I must mean that Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to color palettes, Tenzin’s lack of personal weapons, the pixilated tree shadows, … everything in the game. Unlike other people I prefer to stay on the immediate topic at hand and my comments are supposed to be attributed to the topic at hand and not other topics. If I have to explicitly elaborate on every single statement I ever write I would have to write stuff in a much more lengthy manner than I already do and Sony’s server might crash.; not to mention then some will not read everything I have said and they will then pick out a statement out of context and guess at what I mean and make up stuff about me.

 

As for your original argument: You could just have said: “I think UC3 doesn’t need a clan system because I think UC3 is intended for a casual audience, the majority of which I suspect would not want an intricate clan system and so the tag system is fine. I think only strategic online shooters need a complex clan system.” Then I would have said, “but Naughty Dog has designed many elements in the game to take much, much time, and for some of us with experience with complex clan systems, we have seen it as way to extend the fun and life of the game.” And just to be clear, in case you are thinking it, I never said anywhere in this thread that Naughty Dog should implement this complex type of clan system in UC3 now with any kind of patch; it’s too late. I am only saying that I would like to have seen one, and I am also saying that if ever they made an Uncharted 4, I hope they would consider employing one. I do think that they just copied what they saw in COD, and as far as I’m concerned they did the bare minimum when it comes to the clan system and obviously there are many players in UC3 who would like to have had a proper clan system. Even Naughty Dog believes in clans, because they themselves created a bare minimalistic tournament system, where tournaments in multiplayer games are intended for strong teams, and strong teams are a product of clans.


I didn't insult you, I even said (not to be offensive) and I put a lovely smiley after that, just because you consider that being sarcasm and decides to rant about it doesn't make it my fault... Smiley Frustrated

and it would be nice if you actually read my response, because you keep making the same argument while I already said that it was invalid:

 

Naughty Dog didn't want clans, the clan tag was a request of the fans and Naughty Dog then added it to UC2 in one of the patches, just because the fans wanted it

 

now you bring up the tournament, how is the tournament related to clans? because this tournament discourages playing in party's anyway, the tournament system is just for individual players who compete with other players for a place on the leaderboards, without having help from friends, so it is more a individual accomplishment, also it is a system in which a few good players will get the Djinn skin, I fail to see how it is related to clans...

 

and uncharted is NOT a shooter, here's proof: http://nl.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item328504/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception%E2%84%A2/

 

according to the official playstation site, uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, this is the official site of all the games, the trophy sites you name are about trophy's, not about games, therefore I question their autority when it comes to defining a genre.

 

“I'purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”m a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

and here's the proof that you said you would not have purchased UC3 if you knew about the trophy's, and I know you just said that the trophy's are only part of the problem, but you also stated you would not buy crappy games for the trophy's, the way I interpreted your sentence is that you consider UC3 crappy, and if the trophy's were crappy you would not have bhought the game, therefore I conclude that you have bhought UC3 for the trophy's, so 1 of the 2 points you make is a lie, you may choose which one... Smiley Wink

 

so in a summary:

 

you stated in the OP that ND is lazy with the clan system, I just proofed to you that it is wrong what you said, because the current available clan tag, was a request by the fans, and wasn't an idea of Naughty Dog

 

you stated that every shooter should have an clansystem, I just gave proof that Uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, so therefore it should not be an priority to add a clansystem in it

 

conclusion: I am right and your argument is stupid Smiley Very Happy

 

EDIT: I forgot the proof of the clan tag, I can't seem to get the link working, so I quote the blog:

 

'Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Below is a list of what is different: Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID'

Message 32 of 38 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/19/2010
Offline
550 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

Oct 6, 2012

thedeviant105 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

The more I play UC3 the more I miss MGO. Everything that made me fall in love with online shooters is just absent from most other online games I’ve played and Uncharted is by far the worst. The developers simply put no thought into anything to facilitate the making of friends or clans.

 

1)      First the matchmaking is world wide and puts players together who don’t understand each other most of the time, even if they do happen to have mics. I miss being locked into Region 1 where knowing three languages was enough. This is certainly a good point and UC3 needs to be regionlocked, but rather for the sake of connection and less of good communication.

 

2)      There is no accurate level system to measure skill, so even though I’m on par with many legacy 5 level 75s, I refuse to legacy so I look like a dumb newbie. Then there’s all this crap with co-op being included in the levels so players look good, but suck at competitive. You contradict yourself in this part. You say that there are no level system to measure skill, but you refuse to legacy because you are back to level 1 which will make you look like a noob. I said that I refuse to legacy (because I refuse to have to re-level my boosters) with the result that (a badly worded result clause; not a purpose clause).

 

3)      The clan system is the biggest joke of all. Bracket a few letters and a bracket IS NOT A CLAN SYSTEM; it’s developers being extremely lazy…ooo look at those abbreviations *sticks finger in throat and gags*. In MGO players had actual clan names that showed up in full (I belonged to Run Amok); they had personally created emblems; there were private clan chat room forums; clans actually belonged to a clan list of up to 50 members which was in-game so you could see who was on and they didn’t need to all be on your friend’s list. MGO even had a personal friend’s list…yes you had a clan list and a friend list within the actual game that was not tied to your PSN friend list. Hell you even had an enemies list…lol which would prevent receiving of personal messages or would block them from any room you created in the lobby. Yes the game had an in-game personal messaging system. This seems like you are just nitpicking. It does not seem practical for ND to just make their own social system when psn can do the job  just as fine. Also, an enemies list seems petty and kind of dumb. I'm not saying that UC3 would need all this, I 'm saying that in comparison four letters is very minimalistic. I'm saying that there are many possibilities of which Naughty Dog chose none but copying a system from COD.

 

4)      Lobbies created more friends than this random generated world-wide crapshoot and you could play on DLC maps anytime you wanted. The death of lobbies was the death of fun online social multiplayer. Lobbies are great but not the reason you mentioned. Both lobbies and matchmaking force players to play with others they don't know. If you choose a random lobby, you will meet random people. If you start matchmaking, you will meet random people. I really don't see how the death of lobbies caused the end of fun online social MP. Rooms often save a hosts settings and you will see the same room pop up at about the same time day after day. I've seen rooms that were up daily with regulars for years, so you CAN play with people you get to know. I've experienced such rooms first hand and they are much more fun than this random match-making system. MGO also had random match-making; it had both lobbies and match-making (where you had to play to get money for customization items); so players could have fun in whichever manner they liked. There were also newbie only lobbies. And lobbies for teaching players how to play the game: you could be an actual instrcutor.

 

5)      Communication was important. Mics would only allow people on the same team to hear each other before matches so you could strategize. If you wanted to communicate with the other team, you used the in-game text chat which had the option to be team only or everyone. That’s right in-game text chat. Press select and type away without needing Skype or PSN. Again more nitpicking. ND did not want to put in-game text chat because honestly is would be impractical for a console to have one. Yes in-game text chat is impractical for the random match-making system, especially like it is. It is better suited for lobby systems, but in-game text chat is far superor to the PSN messaging system and shows much class.

 

Uncharted has almost no communication system besides mics, no clan system, no friend system. The more I think about it the more I think PSN is what is ruining online games. Developers are lazy greedy people with no imagination who just piggy-back on the less than adequate PSN system. Konami was king. I miss innovative multiplayer developers who understand what friends are and how people make them. Uncharted is so depressingly antisocial. I’m so ashamed that no developer who speaks my language has any clue what people really need. Sounds like you have a hard-on for Konami. I do. Almost everything I see done in today's online multiplayer games was done by Konami, who always did more. Those of us who experienced every aspect of the multiplayer system in MGO2 will never be satisfied by other companies because in comparison it's like current developers are not even trying. Sure they have better graphics and sometimes less lag, but I never see anything innovative IN TERMS OF CLAN SYSTEMS (just in case meone decides to say well they came up with climbing, and blindfire, and moving trains). My bet is that most Western developers never actually played or experienced MGO2 and really don't have a clue what the possibilities are. I can't wait for MGO3.  


 


 

Photobucket
Message 33 of 38 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/19/2010
Offline
550 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:
MUCH STUFF CUT

see above my response in fat font (or whatever it's called) ^

 

oh, and if you have a reasonably response, feel free to post it, if you are just going to insult me again, please don't waste you're tim, thanks in advance


 

First thing: MGS3, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, Socom 4, Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 are all considered shooters in every piece of literature I’ve read about them. Their online components are always referred to as online shooters in the English-speaking world. More specifically they are often referred to as third-person shooters. I have never seen them not referred to as shooters. Two examples of them categorized as shooters: PSNProfiles and PS3Trophies.org. They are also all considered action games. And most of the time when one sees action/adventure the distinction is not apparent because neither action nor adventure is mutually exclusive. The Legend of Zelda is an adventure and it is nothing like Uncharted, that doesn’t mean that Uncharted is not an adventure. Some would say that Snake didn’t go on an adventure but he traversed jungle like Drake, he uses rocket launchers against helicopters like Drake, he can be stealthy like Drake, or should I say that Drake can ride in vehicles while shooting like Snake, and Drake can save women like Snake, and Drake can roll and punch enemies like Snake, etc, etc. Action/adventure is too generic a description to be meaningful.

 

You can disagree with my argument all you want, but once you start bringing allegations about my character and that my motives are in question, I take serious offense. I never make personal attacks first; the other person always opens the door as you did. You decided to try to insult me in order to make it seem like nothing I said was valid because I am whatever version of a trophy hunter you THINK I am. You inferred, guessed, used your imagination to fabricate the nature of my character from one statement which you misunderstood the meaning of. And for someone whose native language is not English, you should be even more hesitant to even mention imaginary things you’ve interpreted from such a singular statement. Not all trophy hunters are the same, so just because I say that I’m a trophy hunter doesn’t give you free reign to lump me into the negative class of every negative trophy hunter you’ve met or heard about. I did not just whine in that post, I made many statistical based statements. Nor am I un-skilled when it comes to obtaining trophies without boosting; I just don’t brag, nor does my level of skill have any impact on the nature of these DLC trophies with regards to time and repetition or how they compare on the bronze, silver, and gold trophy difficulty scale. I still have a lot of facts waiting to be posted there soon once I’ve obtained my 100%.

 

 Now about the statement you read on its own without understanding the context:

 

“I'm a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

I never said that I would not have bought UC3 by reason of the trophy list ALONE; I had said previously in the opening paragraph of that thread (not that post) that I had many issues with UC3, besides the trophies, and here I was saying that the trophy list would essentially have been the final nail in the coffin concerning my purchase. So the trophy system was only one of many things that would have prevented me from buying Uncharted 3. Some other people started saying that I only buy games for trophies because they ignored my comments about my problems with the rest of the game, but they were essentially fabricating lies and you spooned up their slander like fact an repeated it. I never discussed all my other issues about the game because they were not the subject of that thread, only the trophies were. Just like this thread was only supposed to be on a different topic where trophies should never have been mentioned. But people seem to like to go off-topic and infer things: so when I say Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to the clan system, I must mean that Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to color palettes, Tenzin’s lack of personal weapons, the pixilated tree shadows, … everything in the game. Unlike other people I prefer to stay on the immediate topic at hand and my comments are supposed to be attributed to the topic at hand and not other topics. If I have to explicitly elaborate on every single statement I ever write I would have to write stuff in a much more lengthy manner than I already do and Sony’s server might crash.; not to mention then some will not read everything I have said and they will then pick out a statement out of context and guess at what I mean and make up stuff about me.

 

As for your original argument: You could just have said: “I think UC3 doesn’t need a clan system because I think UC3 is intended for a casual audience, the majority of which I suspect would not want an intricate clan system and so the tag system is fine. I think only strategic online shooters need a complex clan system.” Then I would have said, “but Naughty Dog has designed many elements in the game to take much, much time, and for some of us with experience with complex clan systems, we have seen it as way to extend the fun and life of the game.” And just to be clear, in case you are thinking it, I never said anywhere in this thread that Naughty Dog should implement this complex type of clan system in UC3 now with any kind of patch; it’s too late. I am only saying that I would like to have seen one, and I am also saying that if ever they made an Uncharted 4, I hope they would consider employing one. I do think that they just copied what they saw in COD, and as far as I’m concerned they did the bare minimum when it comes to the clan system and obviously there are many players in UC3 who would like to have had a proper clan system. Even Naughty Dog believes in clans, because they themselves created a bare minimalistic tournament system, where tournaments in multiplayer games are intended for strong teams, and strong teams are a product of clans.


I didn't insult you, I even said (not to be offensive) and I put a lovely smiley after that, just because you consider that being sarcasm and decides to rant about it doesn't make it my fault... Smiley Frustrated Don't be offended but you sound like a twit. Anything you say that must be preceded by don't be offended has the ability to offend or else you wouldn't have to say don't be offended. and it would be nice if you actually read my response, because you keep making the same argument while I already said that it was invalid: There is no such thing as an 'invalid' opinion. You think opinions are to be treated like mathematics, when opinion is not fact. I think you are an alt of the troll I was PMing with.

 

Naughty Dog didn't want clans, the clan tag was a request of the fans and Naughty Dog then added it to UC2 in one of the patches, just because the fans wanted it So fans are nolonger allowed to make any more requests? Am I not allowed to request a better clan system?

 

now you bring up the tournament, how is the tournament related to clans? because this tournament discourages playing in party's anyway, the tournament system is just for individual players who compete with other players for a place on the leaderboards, without having help from friends, so it is more a individual accomplishment, also it is a system in which a few good players will get the Djinn skin, I fail to see how it is related to clans...

 

and uncharted is NOT a shooter, here's proof: http://nl.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item328504/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception%E2%84%A2/

 

Here's proof that it is a shooter in the country where it was created:

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-ps3.html

So nana-nana-boo-boo go stick your head in doo-doo.

 

according to the official playstation site, uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, this is the official site of all the games, the trophy sites you name are about trophy's, not about games, therefore I question their autority when it comes to defining a genre.

 

“I'purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”m a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

and here's the proof that you said you would not have purchased UC3 if you knew about the trophy's, and I know you just said that the trophy's are only part of the problem, but you also stated you would not buy crappy games for the trophy's, the way I interpreted your sentence is that you consider UC3 crappy, and if the trophy's were crappy you would not have bhought the game, therefore I conclude that you have bhought UC3 for the trophy's, so 1 of the 2 points you make is a lie, you may choose which one... Smiley Wink Obviously you are a mind-reader and must know what I am thinking and about my own personal choices better than I know myself; and it is impossible for someone to write their own thoughts badly. So even if they didn't mean exactly what their writing seems to mean, then they must now think, forever be and are now proven to be exactly what they didn't mean to be. So by your logic, because I proved that UC3 is a shooter according to the Americans and Americans created Uncharted 3, and I proved that you are wrong when you say that UC3 is only an action/adventure game, then everything you ever say is invalid too. No offense, but I suspect you are drunk when you do your thinking.

so in a summary:

 

you stated in the OP that ND is lazy with the clan system, I just proofed to you that it is wrong what you said, because the current available clan tag, was a request by the fans, and wasn't an idea of Naughty Dog

 

you stated that every shooter should have an clansystem, I just gave proof that Uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, so therefore it should not be an priority to add a clansystem in it INVALID

 

conclusion: I am right and your argument is stupid Smiley Very Happy

 

EDIT: I forgot the proof of the clan tag, I can't seem to get the link working, so I quote the blog:

 

'Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Below is a list of what is different: Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID' So Naughty Dog was even more laxzy than i originally thought. They had to be pushed to even add the tag system. LMAO Thanks for helping my argument. Cheers. Stick a fork in me cause I'm done.


 

Photobucket
Message 34 of 38 (239 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:
MUCH STUFF CUT

see above my response in fat font (or whatever it's called) ^

 

oh, and if you have a reasonably response, feel free to post it, if you are just going to insult me again, please don't waste you're tim, thanks in advance


 

First thing: MGS3, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, Socom 4, Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 are all considered shooters in every piece of literature I’ve read about them. Their online components are always referred to as online shooters in the English-speaking world. More specifically they are often referred to as third-person shooters. I have never seen them not referred to as shooters. Two examples of them categorized as shooters: PSNProfiles and PS3Trophies.org. They are also all considered action games. And most of the time when one sees action/adventure the distinction is not apparent because neither action nor adventure is mutually exclusive. The Legend of Zelda is an adventure and it is nothing like Uncharted, that doesn’t mean that Uncharted is not an adventure. Some would say that Snake didn’t go on an adventure but he traversed jungle like Drake, he uses rocket launchers against helicopters like Drake, he can be stealthy like Drake, or should I say that Drake can ride in vehicles while shooting like Snake, and Drake can save women like Snake, and Drake can roll and punch enemies like Snake, etc, etc. Action/adventure is too generic a description to be meaningful.

 

You can disagree with my argument all you want, but once you start bringing allegations about my character and that my motives are in question, I take serious offense. I never make personal attacks first; the other person always opens the door as you did. You decided to try to insult me in order to make it seem like nothing I said was valid because I am whatever version of a trophy hunter you THINK I am. You inferred, guessed, used your imagination to fabricate the nature of my character from one statement which you misunderstood the meaning of. And for someone whose native language is not English, you should be even more hesitant to even mention imaginary things you’ve interpreted from such a singular statement. Not all trophy hunters are the same, so just because I say that I’m a trophy hunter doesn’t give you free reign to lump me into the negative class of every negative trophy hunter you’ve met or heard about. I did not just whine in that post, I made many statistical based statements. Nor am I un-skilled when it comes to obtaining trophies without boosting; I just don’t brag, nor does my level of skill have any impact on the nature of these DLC trophies with regards to time and repetition or how they compare on the bronze, silver, and gold trophy difficulty scale. I still have a lot of facts waiting to be posted there soon once I’ve obtained my 100%.

 

 Now about the statement you read on its own without understanding the context:

 

“I'm a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

I never said that I would not have bought UC3 by reason of the trophy list ALONE; I had said previously in the opening paragraph of that thread (not that post) that I had many issues with UC3, besides the trophies, and here I was saying that the trophy list would essentially have been the final nail in the coffin concerning my purchase. So the trophy system was only one of many things that would have prevented me from buying Uncharted 3. Some other people started saying that I only buy games for trophies because they ignored my comments about my problems with the rest of the game, but they were essentially fabricating lies and you spooned up their slander like fact an repeated it. I never discussed all my other issues about the game because they were not the subject of that thread, only the trophies were. Just like this thread was only supposed to be on a different topic where trophies should never have been mentioned. But people seem to like to go off-topic and infer things: so when I say Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to the clan system, I must mean that Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to color palettes, Tenzin’s lack of personal weapons, the pixilated tree shadows, … everything in the game. Unlike other people I prefer to stay on the immediate topic at hand and my comments are supposed to be attributed to the topic at hand and not other topics. If I have to explicitly elaborate on every single statement I ever write I would have to write stuff in a much more lengthy manner than I already do and Sony’s server might crash.; not to mention then some will not read everything I have said and they will then pick out a statement out of context and guess at what I mean and make up stuff about me.

 

As for your original argument: You could just have said: “I think UC3 doesn’t need a clan system because I think UC3 is intended for a casual audience, the majority of which I suspect would not want an intricate clan system and so the tag system is fine. I think only strategic online shooters need a complex clan system.” Then I would have said, “but Naughty Dog has designed many elements in the game to take much, much time, and for some of us with experience with complex clan systems, we have seen it as way to extend the fun and life of the game.” And just to be clear, in case you are thinking it, I never said anywhere in this thread that Naughty Dog should implement this complex type of clan system in UC3 now with any kind of patch; it’s too late. I am only saying that I would like to have seen one, and I am also saying that if ever they made an Uncharted 4, I hope they would consider employing one. I do think that they just copied what they saw in COD, and as far as I’m concerned they did the bare minimum when it comes to the clan system and obviously there are many players in UC3 who would like to have had a proper clan system. Even Naughty Dog believes in clans, because they themselves created a bare minimalistic tournament system, where tournaments in multiplayer games are intended for strong teams, and strong teams are a product of clans.


I didn't insult you, I even said (not to be offensive) and I put a lovely smiley after that, just because you consider that being sarcasm and decides to rant about it doesn't make it my fault... Smiley Frustrated Don't be offended but you sound like a twit. Anything you say that must be preceded by don't be offended has the ability to offend or else you wouldn't have to say don't be offended. I said don't be offended because it was meant as an off-topic joke, that's why, I did not try to insult you in any way, and you react in the most pathetic childish way I know possible... and it would be nice if you actually read my response, because you keep making the same argument while I already said that it was invalid: There is no such thing as an 'invalid' opinion. You think opinions are to be treated like mathematics, when opinion is not fact. I think you are an alt of the troll I was PMing with. argument is not opinion, and argument is build upon facts, and because your facts are wrong, your argument is invalid Naughty Dog didn't want clans, the clan tag was a request of the fans and Naughty Dog then added it to UC2 in one of the patches, just because the fans wanted it So fans are nolonger allowed to make any more requests? Am I not allowed to request a better clan system? that's not what I said: in the OP you stated that ND is being lazy because they intended to add a clan system, but only made a possibility to have a clan tag, I proved to you that that is not right, the fans requested a clan tag, and ND gave it to them

 

now you bring up the tournament, how is the tournament related to clans? because this tournament discourages playing in party's anyway, the tournament system is just for individual players who compete with other players for a place on the leaderboards, without having help from friends, so it is more a individual accomplishment, also it is a system in which a few good players will get the Djinn skin, I fail to see how it is related to clans...

 

and uncharted is NOT a shooter, here's proof: http://nl.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item328504/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception%E2%84%A2/

 

Here's proof that it is a shooter in the country where it was created:

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-ps3.html

So nana-nana-boo-boo go stick your head in doo-doo.

 First: this is a very childish response... Second: the link you posted says it's an action/adventure too, it says literally: Action/adventure/third person shooter, what this means is that the main focus is action, then adventure, with third-person-shooter elements in it, so it's still an action adventure... according to the official playstation site, uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, this is the official site of all the games, the trophy sites you name are about trophy's, not about games, therefore I question their autority when it comes to defining a genre.

 

“I'purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”m a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

and here's the proof that you said you would not have purchased UC3 if you knew about the trophy's, and I know you just said that the trophy's are only part of the problem, but you also stated you would not buy crappy games for the trophy's, the way I interpreted your sentence is that you consider UC3 crappy, and if the trophy's were crappy you would not have bhought the game, therefore I conclude that you have bhought UC3 for the trophy's, so 1 of the 2 points you make is a lie, you may choose which one... Smiley Wink Obviously you are a mind-reader and must know what I am thinking and about my own personal choices better than I know myself; and it is impossible for someone to write their own thoughts badly. So even if they didn't mean exactly what their writing seems to mean, then they must now think, forever be and are now proven to be exactly what they didn't mean to be. So by your logic, because I proved that UC3 is a shooter according to the Americans and Americans created Uncharted 3, and I proved that you are wrong when you say that UC3 is only an action/adventure game, then everything you ever say is invalid too. No offense, but I suspect you are drunk when you do your thinking. I never said it's only an action/adventure game, do you think I am stupid not to realise it has third-person-shooter elements in it as well? I would appreciate it if you don't say that I said things I haven't so in a summary:

 

you stated in the OP that ND is lazy with the clan system, I just proofed to you that it is wrong what you said, because the current available clan tag, was a request by the fans, and wasn't an idea of Naughty Dog

 

you stated that every shooter should have an clansystem, I just gave proof that Uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, so therefore it should not be an priority to add a clansystem in it INVALID no it's not, read above 

conclusion: I am right and your argument is stupid Smiley Very Happy

 

EDIT: I forgot the proof of the clan tag, I can't seem to get the link working, so I quote the blog:

 

'Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Below is a list of what is different: Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID' So Naughty Dog was even more laxzy than i originally thought. They had to be pushed to even add the tag system. LMAO Thanks for helping my argument. Cheers. Stick a fork in me cause I'm done. that's not lazy, it's sad that I have to repeat myself again, here I say it all in 1 sentence:

Uncharted is not a shooter, but an action adventure, therefore the focus of the development team isn't with social interaction, and that's why it doesn't have a clan system, the fact that it does have a clan tag was a small request from the community, that's why ND added it, the fact that they didn't make a clansystem like you are requesting is because YOU are the ONLY person who's demanding it, and all the other players don't give a **bleep**, and you react that they are lazy!!! that's why I started this discussion and prooved to you why it shouldn't have a clan system, what part of that do you not understand?


ok, let me put it this way: you don't even know how to have a proper discussion, because:

1) you don't know the difference between opinion and argument

2) you lie about what you said and the facts you have given me are wrong

3) you quote me incorrectly so it looks like you have a point

4) you insult me on my age and english speaking skill instead of debating properly

 

do you now finally have some real proof to make up your point? or are you going to lie, insult and misquote me again, I hope the former, because I'm sick of the latter, it would be nice if you behave like a person of certain age you claim to be...

Message 35 of 38 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/19/2010
Offline
550 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

Oct 6, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:
MUCH STUFF CUT

see above my response in fat font (or whatever it's called) ^

 

oh, and if you have a reasonably response, feel free to post it, if you are just going to insult me again, please don't waste you're tim, thanks in advance


 

First thing: MGS3, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, Socom 4, Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 are all considered shooters in every piece of literature I’ve read about them. Their online components are always referred to as online shooters in the English-speaking world. More specifically they are often referred to as third-person shooters. I have never seen them not referred to as shooters. Two examples of them categorized as shooters: PSNProfiles and PS3Trophies.org. They are also all considered action games. And most of the time when one sees action/adventure the distinction is not apparent because neither action nor adventure is mutually exclusive. The Legend of Zelda is an adventure and it is nothing like Uncharted, that doesn’t mean that Uncharted is not an adventure. Some would say that Snake didn’t go on an adventure but he traversed jungle like Drake, he uses rocket launchers against helicopters like Drake, he can be stealthy like Drake, or should I say that Drake can ride in vehicles while shooting like Snake, and Drake can save women like Snake, and Drake can roll and punch enemies like Snake, etc, etc. Action/adventure is too generic a description to be meaningful.

 

You can disagree with my argument all you want, but once you start bringing allegations about my character and that my motives are in question, I take serious offense. I never make personal attacks first; the other person always opens the door as you did. You decided to try to insult me in order to make it seem like nothing I said was valid because I am whatever version of a trophy hunter you THINK I am. You inferred, guessed, used your imagination to fabricate the nature of my character from one statement which you misunderstood the meaning of. And for someone whose native language is not English, you should be even more hesitant to even mention imaginary things you’ve interpreted from such a singular statement. Not all trophy hunters are the same, so just because I say that I’m a trophy hunter doesn’t give you free reign to lump me into the negative class of every negative trophy hunter you’ve met or heard about. I did not just whine in that post, I made many statistical based statements. Nor am I un-skilled when it comes to obtaining trophies without boosting; I just don’t brag, nor does my level of skill have any impact on the nature of these DLC trophies with regards to time and repetition or how they compare on the bronze, silver, and gold trophy difficulty scale. I still have a lot of facts waiting to be posted there soon once I’ve obtained my 100%.

 

 Now about the statement you read on its own without understanding the context:

 

“I'm a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

I never said that I would not have bought UC3 by reason of the trophy list ALONE; I had said previously in the opening paragraph of that thread (not that post) that I had many issues with UC3, besides the trophies, and here I was saying that the trophy list would essentially have been the final nail in the coffin concerning my purchase. So the trophy system was only one of many things that would have prevented me from buying Uncharted 3. Some other people started saying that I only buy games for trophies because they ignored my comments about my problems with the rest of the game, but they were essentially fabricating lies and you spooned up their slander like fact an repeated it. I never discussed all my other issues about the game because they were not the subject of that thread, only the trophies were. Just like this thread was only supposed to be on a different topic where trophies should never have been mentioned. But people seem to like to go off-topic and infer things: so when I say Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to the clan system, I must mean that Naughty Dog was lazy with regards to color palettes, Tenzin’s lack of personal weapons, the pixilated tree shadows, … everything in the game. Unlike other people I prefer to stay on the immediate topic at hand and my comments are supposed to be attributed to the topic at hand and not other topics. If I have to explicitly elaborate on every single statement I ever write I would have to write stuff in a much more lengthy manner than I already do and Sony’s server might crash.; not to mention then some will not read everything I have said and they will then pick out a statement out of context and guess at what I mean and make up stuff about me.

 

As for your original argument: You could just have said: “I think UC3 doesn’t need a clan system because I think UC3 is intended for a casual audience, the majority of which I suspect would not want an intricate clan system and so the tag system is fine. I think only strategic online shooters need a complex clan system.” Then I would have said, “but Naughty Dog has designed many elements in the game to take much, much time, and for some of us with experience with complex clan systems, we have seen it as way to extend the fun and life of the game.” And just to be clear, in case you are thinking it, I never said anywhere in this thread that Naughty Dog should implement this complex type of clan system in UC3 now with any kind of patch; it’s too late. I am only saying that I would like to have seen one, and I am also saying that if ever they made an Uncharted 4, I hope they would consider employing one. I do think that they just copied what they saw in COD, and as far as I’m concerned they did the bare minimum when it comes to the clan system and obviously there are many players in UC3 who would like to have had a proper clan system. Even Naughty Dog believes in clans, because they themselves created a bare minimalistic tournament system, where tournaments in multiplayer games are intended for strong teams, and strong teams are a product of clans.


I didn't insult you, I even said (not to be offensive) and I put a lovely smiley after that, just because you consider that being sarcasm and decides to rant about it doesn't make it my fault... Smiley Frustrated Don't be offended but you sound like a twit. Anything you say that must be preceded by don't be offended has the ability to offend or else you wouldn't have to say don't be offended. I said don't be offended because it was meant as an off-topic joke, that's why, I did not try to insult you in any way, and you react in the most pathetic childish way I know possible... and it would be nice if you actually read my response, because you keep making the same argument while I already said that it was invalid: There is no such thing as an 'invalid' opinion. You think opinions are to be treated like mathematics, when opinion is not fact. I think you are an alt of the troll I was PMing with. argument is not opinion, and argument is build upon facts, and because your facts are wrong, your argument is invalid Naughty Dog didn't want clans, the clan tag was a request of the fans and Naughty Dog then added it to UC2 in one of the patches, just because the fans wanted it So fans are nolonger allowed to make any more requests? Am I not allowed to request a better clan system? that's not what I said: in the OP you stated that ND is being lazy because they intended to add a clan system, but only made a possibility to have a clan tag, I proved to you that that is not right, the fans requested a clan tag, and ND gave it to them

 

now you bring up the tournament, how is the tournament related to clans? because this tournament discourages playing in party's anyway, the tournament system is just for individual players who compete with other players for a place on the leaderboards, without having help from friends, so it is more a individual accomplishment, also it is a system in which a few good players will get the Djinn skin, I fail to see how it is related to clans...

 

and uncharted is NOT a shooter, here's proof: http://nl.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item328504/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception%E2%84%A2/

 

Here's proof that it is a shooter in the country where it was created:

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-ps3.html

So nana-nana-boo-boo go stick your head in doo-doo.

 First: this is a very childish response... Second: the link you posted says it's an action/adventure too, it says literally: Action/adventure/third person shooter, what this means is that the main focus is action, then adventure, with third-person-shooter elements in it, so it's still an action adventure... according to the official playstation site, uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, this is the official site of all the games, the trophy sites you name are about trophy's, not about games, therefore I question their autority when it comes to defining a genre.

 

“I'purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”m a completionist: I have always earned 100% in every game I own and the games that I own are the only games I play. I only buy the best of the best. I was fooled into buying UC3 by the quality of UC1 and 2. Had this DLC trophy list been in existence before I purchased UC3, I would not have purchased UC3. Currently I am ashamed that it is on my list and if I could delete it from my PSN profile I would.”

 

and here's the proof that you said you would not have purchased UC3 if you knew about the trophy's, and I know you just said that the trophy's are only part of the problem, but you also stated you would not buy crappy games for the trophy's, the way I interpreted your sentence is that you consider UC3 crappy, and if the trophy's were crappy you would not have bhought the game, therefore I conclude that you have bhought UC3 for the trophy's, so 1 of the 2 points you make is a lie, you may choose which one... Smiley Wink Obviously you are a mind-reader and must know what I am thinking and about my own personal choices better than I know myself; and it is impossible for someone to write their own thoughts badly. So even if they didn't mean exactly what their writing seems to mean, then they must now think, forever be and are now proven to be exactly what they didn't mean to be. So by your logic, because I proved that UC3 is a shooter according to the Americans and Americans created Uncharted 3, and I proved that you are wrong when you say that UC3 is only an action/adventure game, then everything you ever say is invalid too. No offense, but I suspect you are drunk when you do your thinking. I never said it's only an action/adventure game, do you think I am stupid not to realise it has third-person-shooter elements in it as well? I would appreciate it if you don't say that I said things I haven't so in a summary:

 

you stated in the OP that ND is lazy with the clan system, I just proofed to you that it is wrong what you said, because the current available clan tag, was a request by the fans, and wasn't an idea of Naughty Dog

 

you stated that every shooter should have an clansystem, I just gave proof that Uncharted 3 is an action/adventure, so therefore it should not be an priority to add a clansystem in it INVALID no it's not, read above 

conclusion: I am right and your argument is stupid Smiley Very Happy

 

EDIT: I forgot the proof of the clan tag, I can't seem to get the link working, so I quote the blog:

 

'Today, Friday, December 18, 2009, at 10:00 AM PST (what time is it in my city?) you will be required to download an update to UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. Below is a list of what is different: Added Version number to game menu – should display 1.03 after this update Added Clan Tags – all players can now add a custom four letter Clan Tag in the Profile Menu (square) to display on-screen before their PSN ID' So Naughty Dog was even more laxzy than i originally thought. They had to be pushed to even add the tag system. LMAO Thanks for helping my argument. Cheers. Stick a fork in me cause I'm done. that's not lazy, it's sad that I have to repeat myself again, here I say it all in 1 sentence:

Uncharted is not a shooter, but an action adventure, therefore the focus of the development team isn't with social interaction, and that's why it doesn't have a clan system, the fact that it does have a clan tag was a small request from the community, that's why ND added it, the fact that they didn't make a clansystem like you are requesting is because YOU are the ONLY person who's demanding it, and all the other players don't give a **bleep**, and you react that they are lazy!!! that's why I started this discussion and prooved to you why it shouldn't have a clan system, what part of that do you not understand?


ok, let me put it this way: you don't even know how to have a proper discussion, because:

1) you don't know the difference between opinion and argument

2) you lie about what you said and the facts you have given me are wrong

3) you quote me incorrectly so it looks like you have a point

4) you insult me on my age and english speaking skill instead of debating properly

 

do you now finally have some real proof to make up your point? or are you going to lie, insult and misquote me again, I hope the former, because I'm sick of the latter, it would be nice if you behave like a person of certain age you claim to be...



My argument: I think Naughty Dog is lazy. It is fact that I think Naughty Dog is lazy. It is impossible for you to prove that I don't think Naughty Dog is lazy. You think opinions need to be proven or disproven. I don't have to prove Naughty Dog is lazy. I just showed why I think Naughty Dog is lazy. You cannot prove that those people who think they should have a better clan system are wrong. You can only try to sway their opinions by explaining why such systems would be a bad thing for the franchise. You have not explained why they would be a bad thing or why they would not be fun. There is no right or wrong answer and you are a troll if you think you can prove opinions to be proven fact or false. People only needed to reply with what they want in a clan system. What you did was what a troll does you tried to lead the topic off-topic and did, just like you went off-topic in my other thread. Congrats. I was very stupid to try and argue with you, but I have learned my lesson.
 
Photobucket
Message 36 of 38 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3484 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

Oct 6, 2012

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

 



My argument: I think Naughty Dog is lazy. It is fact that I think Naughty Dog is lazy. It is impossible for you to prove that I don't think Naughty Dog is lazy. You think opinions need to be proven or disproven. I don't have to prove Naughty Dog is lazy. I just showed why I think Naughty Dog is lazy. You cannot prove that those people who think they should have a better clan system are wrong. You can only try to sway their opinions by explaining why such systems would be a bad thing for the franchise. You have not explained why they would be a bad thing or why they would not be fun. There is no right or wrong answer and you are a troll if you think you can prove opinions to be proven fact or false. People only needed to reply with what they want in a clan system. What you did was what a troll does you tried to lead the topic off-topic and did, just like you went off-topic in my other thread. Congrats. I was very stupid to try and argue with you, but I have learned my lesson.
 

of course, I'm the troll, and I didn't derail anything, in your other thread, I showed you how pathetic your obsession for trophy's is, which was totally on topic considering you blamed Naughty Dog for adding thropies that are to hard for a trophy hunter to accomplish... You just said that this thread is about talking about the importance of a clan system, as far as I know I did exactly that, but just because I showed you that your argument is stupid, you call me a troll, because you fail to have a reasonably response...

and about those arguments, let me teach you how discussions work by an example:

 

'People who murder other people should be sentenced to dead' -> that is an opinion, now I'm going to explain my opinion by arguments, for instance: 'murder will be reduced because murderers are afraid to get caught and killed themself by the government' -> to prove that argument, you use facts, for instance: 'in the USA, there is less murder then in the Netherlands, the USA has the law of who kills others, should get killed himself, so the Netherlands should have that law too' (it's an example, I have no idea if it is true or not, but that doesn't matter)

 

you said: Naughty Dog is lazy

your argument was: because they intented to add a clan system

your fact of that was: because they wanted to add a clan tag

 

now comes the tricky part: I proofed that your fact was incorrect because the fans wanted the clan tag and requested it, then it was realised in patch 1.03, therefore your argument is invalid because it lacks proof and therefore your point that Naughty Dog is lazy makes no sense

 

here another one, so you can practice a bit:

 

you said: Naughty Dog is lazy

your argument was: every shooter should have a proper clan system

your fact of that was: Uncharted and MGO are shooters, MGO has a clan system, so Uncharted shoud have too

 

so I responded: Uncharted is not a shooter, which I proved, therefore it is logical that it doesn't have the same things that are in shooters, so I proved you wrong, therefore your argument is invalid and your opinion that Naughty Dog is lazy lacks proof, you understand?

 

hopefully your IQ is high enough that you understand this, because I find it very sad that I have to argue like this with you, and I hope you now learned your lesson out of this...

Message 37 of 38 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 04/30/2012
Offline
567 posts
 

Re: UC3 is a dreadfully antisocial multiplayer game.

Oct 6, 2012
He keeps arguing over the internet?!! WOW, u sure have great social skills to care about what they say online. Hahaha your blaming a video game for being antisocial XD
Message 38 of 38 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes