Survivor
2348 posts

Re: UC3 vs the last of us

Oct 2, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

@TheStuntDouble = Hardcore King

Even I'll be honest, Hardcore was an awesome mode but then Classic came in? Because we needed that... if we wanted that kind of playstyle, we could play U2 with the laggy Turks.

never cared for either hardcore or classic mode ... i probably don't like hardcore that much because of the treasure farming i went through, but whatever ... just TDM, LAB, Co-op, TO, and Plunder for me, thanks Smiley Wink

and i didn't play much of uncharted 2 (only made it to level 48 i think (so didn't even unlock any negative boosters lol)) ... but was uncharted 2 infamous for laggy turks or are turks laggy in general? i've only heard of people from KSA, Brazil, Germany, and Mexico be notorious for lag. 

i was wondering how they would be a big concern since i didn't think that many people lived in turkey, then i looked into it and they have more than double Canada does, so i'll just shut up now Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 49 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Lol treasure hunting. As if there's any good character weapon. Any M9 weapon is a good weapon including Flynn's, so I find no point in treasure hunting.

Especially for stat hats. As if I turn the TF2 stuff on.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 42 of 49 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Lol treasure hunting. As if there's any good character weapon. Any M9 weapon is a good weapon including Flynn's, so I find no point in treasure hunting.

Especially for stat hats. As if I turn the TF2 stuff on.

lol i actually only went for the treasures, just for the treasures themselves (since i use only use the g-mal anyway) ... i just liked the look of them i didn't really care that they unlocked anything ... also i had no new trophies to get at the time (so i had to put my trophy whoreness to use somehow Smiley Wink )

Message 43 of 49 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1287 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I doubt it'll stop TLOU. They also have a dedicated community like us.

I think it'll just draw out the casuals on every player pool. Me, I'm more of a GTA/Burnout player, so you'll probably see me on GTA Online more often until UC4 comes out.

What about the TLOU players who wanted a co-op game?

They are certainly losing those players.

I honestly cannot see TLOU surviving past November. If it does survive it'll be a hardcore group of about 100 players.

There is just too much coming out. if a superior game like Uncharted will take hits around the big titles. The big players should kill a minority game like TLOU.

Maybe I'm missing something though. I just don't see anything special in it, I don't even see a reason to play it myself. Now I certainly wont since ND are moving the goal posts with nerfs again.

That is a dumb statement (sorry if I can't read sarcasm) about 100 players past  November.  Ridiculous, this game has sold over 3.4 million.  I have no trouble finding games.  Is the player pool going to diminish because of the PS4?  Of course, so is GTA 5 and so is UC3.  With map packs coming in Oct 15 for TLOU, it will certainly have a healthy enough player pool.  Yes TLOU is already getting played out, especially for an addict like me, but the gameplay and environment is so much more complex and tactical than UC3.

Will TLOU still be around in two years?  That's up for debate...

On another note.  UC3 MP was more mature and more complex with more modes.  But sh!t was getting too nooby and annoying where the only good mode was Classic Mode.  Classic mode had less to rage about.  No nooby kickbacks and no nooby M9 RoF etc.   Unfortunately it would take sometime over a half hour to find a Classic mode game.  THe player pool was so small that I would see the same players over and over.

Not as dumb as you'd imagine. I just don't see the game in the same light as you do.

You point to the gameplay and environment bringing complexity and tactical gameplay to the game and thats why it will stay.

I don't see the same tactical gameplay, I don't see complexity. I see another average third person shooter in a world full of average third person shooters.

Top that off with there being three modes, previously two, there is not enough to keep people around.

What is this oh so special map pack going to do? Separate the pool even further.. Oh I've always wanted more lag in my games... That was sarcasm.

But I wasn't even on about competitive so you really got in a twist over nothing. I want co-op. TLOU offers nothing for me. That is not dumb, that is logical for me to make the move as someone who wants co-op to a game that HAS co-op.

Then again maybe my previous comment was pointless. GTA can't wipe out anything if it doesn't work.

But if you really want me to focus on competitive. Uncharted is still better, at it's core it offers more to do and a variety of ways to play. The issues of talentless playstyles being used are quite minor when there is so much to do to keep people around.

Am I going to go back to this? Yeah I am, most importantly.. It has co-op.

You do make some good points there and I know you've been around and supporting the UC3 (and I think UC2) community for years, like a lot of us have.  We do need more people like you to keep the player pools and community healthy.

Poor choice of word "dumb statement" probably came off as harsh, sorry.  Your statement though was an extreme exaggeration and I wanted to point out to the people who don't play the TLOU MP and haven't experienced it that the TLOU player pool is very healthy (ATM).   I don't want interested players to get discouraged not to try the MP simply because they afraid the MP is going to die off soon.  It's not.  Is it going to thin out when people get bored or when the PS4 drops, sure.  But with a new map pack dropping in a few weeks, the MP will have a healthy player pool for awhile, even when the PS4 drops.

Is this game going to be around and support like UC3 in a few years....I'm not sure about that.

Message 44 of 49 (329 Views)
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

Oct 2, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think it'll just draw out the casuals on every player pool. Me, I'm more of a GTA/Burnout player, so you'll probably see me on GTA Online more often until UC4 comes out.

I honestly cannot see TLOU surviving past November. If it does survive it'll be a hardcore group of about 100 players.

There is just too much coming out. if a superior game like Uncharted will take hits around the big titles. The big players should kill a minority game like TLOU.

Maybe I'm missing something though. I just don't see anything special in it, I don't even see a reason to play it myself. Now I certainly wont since ND are moving the goal posts with nerfs again.

That is a dumb statement (sorry if I can't read sarcasm) about 100 players past  November.  Ridiculous, this game has sold over 3.4 million.  I have no trouble finding games.  Is the player pool going to diminish because of the PS4?  Of course, so is GTA 5 and so is UC3.  With map packs coming in Oct 15 for TLOU, it will certainly have a healthy enough player pool.  Yes TLOU is already getting played out, especially for an addict like me, but the gameplay and environment is so much more complex and tactical than UC3.

On another note.  UC3 MP was more mature and more complex with more modes.  But sh!t was getting too nooby and annoying where the only good mode was Classic Mode.  Classic mode had less to rage about.  No nooby kickbacks and no nooby M9 RoF etc.   Unfortunately it would take sometime over a half hour to find a Classic mode game.  THe player pool was so small that I would see the same players over and over.

Not as dumb as you'd imagine. I just don't see the game in the same light as you do.

You point to the gameplay and environment bringing complexity and tactical gameplay to the game and thats why it will stay.

I don't see the same tactical gameplay, I don't see complexity. I see another average third person shooter in a world full of average third person shooters.

Top that off with there being three modes, previously two, there is not enough to keep people around.

What is this oh so special map pack going to do? Separate the pool even further.. Oh I've always wanted more lag in my games... That was sarcasm.

But I wasn't even on about competitive so you really got in a twist over nothing. I want co-op. TLOU offers nothing for me. That is not dumb, that is logical for me to make the move as someone who wants co-op to a game that HAS co-op.

Then again maybe my previous comment was pointless. GTA can't wipe out anything if it doesn't work.

But if you really want me to focus on competitive. Uncharted is still better, at it's core it offers more to do and a variety of ways to play. The issues of talentless playstyles being used are quite minor when there is so much to do to keep people around.

You do make some good points there and I know you've been around and supporting the UC3 (and I think UC2) community for years, like a lot of us have.  We do need more people like you to keep the player pools and community healthy.

Poor choice of word "dumb statement" probably came off as harsh, sorry.  Your statement though was an extreme exaggeration and I wanted to point out to the people who don't play the TLOU MP and haven't experienced it that the TLOU player pool is very healthy (ATM).   I don't want interested players to get discouraged not to try the MP simply because they afraid the MP is going to die off soon.  It's not.  Is it going to thin out when people get bored or when the PS4 drops, sure.  But with a new map pack dropping in a few weeks, the MP will have a healthy player pool for awhile, even when the PS4 drops.

Is this game going to be around and support like UC3 in a few years....I'm not sure about that.

You know what will draw more people into TLOU? This:

The Last of Us on PS3

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 45 of 49 (321 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Oct 2, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Generally it's just personal opinion. I can't see TLOU surviving much longer.

I've been wrong before. I didn't think Dead Island would take off without competitive.

Are those map packs free? That would be a reason to stay on there... I'm not buying Season Passes from ND after U3's one though. The way they handled the TLOU one even further pushes me away from ND Season Passes.

Message 46 of 49 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11615 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Generally it's just personal opinion. I can't see TLOU surviving much longer.

I've been wrong before. I didn't think Dead Island would take off without competitive.

Are those map packs free? That would be a reason to stay on there... I'm not buying Season Passes from ND after U3's one though. The way they handled the TLOU one even further pushes me away from ND Season Passes.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 47 of 49 (310 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 3, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

@TheStuntDouble = Hardcore King

Even I'll be honest, Hardcore was an awesome mode but then Classic came in? Because we needed that... if we wanted that kind of playstyle, we could play U2 with the laggy Turks.

never cared for either hardcore or classic mode ... i probably don't like hardcore that much because of the treasure farming i went through, but whatever ... just TDM, LAB, Co-op, TO, and Plunder for me, thanks Smiley Wink

and i didn't play much of uncharted 2 (only made it to level 48 i think (so didn't even unlock any negative boosters lol)) ... but was uncharted 2 infamous for laggy turks or are turks laggy in general? i've only heard of people from KSA, Brazil, Germany, and Mexico be notorious for lag. 

i was wondering how they would be a big concern since i didn't think that many people lived in turkey, then i looked into it and they have more than double Canada does, so i'll just shut up now Smiley Tongue

Yes.

Turks are laggy in all games whether it be Minecraft, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Uncharted or even Tekken. Then they all decided to have their family reunion at Uncharted 2 and have never left.

Bang Bang!

Message 48 of 49 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
72 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Personally I'd pefer the last of us.

I have played all the uncharted games, and am currently on Chapter 13 of the third. However I feel as if the game follows way too many tropes, and is basically the same as any action movie out there. I'm not saying that is entirely a bad thing, I mean i actually enjoy typical action movies. The gameplay is great though, and the multiplayer side is incredible and outshadows the last of us'. 

The last of us had a strong storyline and unique gameplay, as did uncharted. Although what I like about the last of us is that not only is the gameplay unique, but so is the story. It feels different to more traditional zombie games. And provdies a sense of realism throughout the game. The character devlopment is great, and frankly that's what makes it so much better.

What helps is that with a great story came a great multiplayer, even more replayabillity!.

So, both games are great. But the last of us, to me, over-shines Uncharted.

"You just made my day"
Message 49 of 49 (275 Views)
0 Likes