Welcoming Committee
13694 posts

Re: UC3 vs the last of us

Sep 30, 2013

GTA Online should be absolutely huge. Enough to stop Uncharted? Never.

Enough to stop TLOU? Possbly

Afterall it does have co-op. Something the majority of TLOU players simply cannot experience.

Message 21 of 49 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10157 posts

Sep 30, 2013
I doubt it'll stop TLOU. They also have a dedicated community like us.

I think it'll just draw out the casuals on every player pool. Me, I'm more of a GTA/Burnout player, so you'll probably see me on GTA Online more often until UC4 comes out.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 22 of 49 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13694 posts

Sep 30, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I doubt it'll stop TLOU. They also have a dedicated community like us.

I think it'll just draw out the casuals on every player pool. Me, I'm more of a GTA/Burnout player, so you'll probably see me on GTA Online more often until UC4 comes out.

What about the TLOU players who wanted a co-op game?

They are certainly losing those players.

I honestly cannot see TLOU surviving past November. If it does survive it'll be a hardcore group of about 100 players.

There is just too much coming out. if a superior game like Uncharted will take hits around the big titles. The big players should kill a minority game like TLOU.

Maybe I'm missing something though. I just don't see anything special in it, I don't even see a reason to play it myself. Now I certainly wont since ND are moving the goal posts with nerfs again.

Message 23 of 49 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3643 posts

Sep 30, 2013
TLoU will last for a long time. It is a unique online shooter that is really well done. It's not as big as Uncharted and of course CoD/BF, but it will last. Who knows what the player count will dwindle down to in the coming months. No such stat is displayed. But at least there is a severe lack of Mexicans. I guess the game wasn't marketed there.
Message 24 of 49 (199 Views)
Fender Bender
2553 posts

Oct 1, 2013

TLOU will certainly last awhile especially since I expect a huge boost in sales this holiday, who knows it may even get bundled. 

I have to disagree though about it being unique it's a poor mans rip off of Socom 2 with a bunch of noob crutches thrown in the mix.

Message 25 of 49 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10157 posts

Oct 1, 2013
At least they didn't do what they did in UC3 and nerf, am I right? TLOU's their step in the right direction in terms of patches.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 26 of 49 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 1, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
TLoU will last for a long time. It is a unique online shooter that is really well done. It's not as big as Uncharted and of course CoD/BF, but it will last. Who knows what the player count will dwindle down to in the coming months. No such stat is displayed. But at least there is a severe lack of Mexicans. I guess the game wasn't marketed there.

Plenty of laggy Turks though. Same as U2. Play U2 now and you won't find a lot of Mexicans, just heaps of Turks who lag like it's their job. It makes TSD's internet look like it's faster than Usain Bolt.

Bang Bang!

Message 27 of 49 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Oct 1, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Plenty of laggy Turks though. Same as U2. Play U2 now and you won't find a lot of Mexicans, just heaps of Turks who lag like it's their job. It makes TSD's internet look like it's faster than Usain Bolt.

This is the U2 MP world nowadays honey! 

Message 28 of 49 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Nathan_Croft wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Sophie Wait a Minute.gif           I'm 'honey' now? :smileysurprised:

Bang Bang!

Message 29 of 49 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Oct 1, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Nathan_Croft wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Sophie Wait a Minute.gif           I'm 'honey' now? :smileysurprised:

Well, If you don't like it then I'll give you another title. What about Sniping Queen? :smileytongue: 

Message 30 of 49 (162 Views)
0 Likes