1541 posts

Re: UC3 vs the last of us

Oct 1, 2013

Nathan_Croft wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Nathan_Croft wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
TLoU will last for a long time. It is a unique online shooter that is really well done. It's not as big as Uncharted and of course CoD/BF, but it will last. Who knows what the player count will dwindle down to in the coming months. No such stat is displayed. But at least there is a severe lack of Mexicans. I guess the game wasn't marketed there.

Plenty of laggy Turks though. Same as U2. Play U2 now and you won't find a lot of Mexicans, just heaps of Turks who lag like it's their job. It makes TSD's internet look like it's faster than Usain Bolt.

This is the U2 MP world nowadays honey! 

Sophie Wait a Minute.gif           I'm 'honey' now? :smileysurprised:

Well, If you don't like it then I'll give you another title. What about Sniping Queen? :smileytongue: 

Sophie Party Whistle.gif    Yes!

Bang Bang!

Message 31 of 49 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3645 posts

Oct 1, 2013
"poor mans Socom 2 rip off"?

Wow. I guess some people just like really old crappy games. Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgment. Or I might go GoldenEye or Perfect Dark on ya :smileyvery-happy:
Message 32 of 49 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9624 posts

Oct 1, 2013
Perfect was/is amazing. I would Farsight in a room for days... :smileywink:

Message 33 of 49 (299 Views)
Naughty Host
9624 posts

Oct 1, 2013
*Perfect Dark

Message 34 of 49 (298 Views)
Fender Bender
2623 posts

Oct 2, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
"poor mans Socom 2 rip off"?

Wow. I guess some people just like really old crappy games. Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgment. Or I might go GoldenEye or Perfect Dark on ya :smileyvery-happy:

Socom 2 a crappy game since when? lol 

Message 35 of 49 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Oct 2, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I doubt it'll stop TLOU. They also have a dedicated community like us.

I think it'll just draw out the casuals on every player pool. Me, I'm more of a GTA/Burnout player, so you'll probably see me on GTA Online more often until UC4 comes out.

What about the TLOU players who wanted a co-op game?

They are certainly losing those players.

I honestly cannot see TLOU surviving past November. If it does survive it'll be a hardcore group of about 100 players.

There is just too much coming out. if a superior game like Uncharted will take hits around the big titles. The big players should kill a minority game like TLOU.

Maybe I'm missing something though. I just don't see anything special in it, I don't even see a reason to play it myself. Now I certainly wont since ND are moving the goal posts with nerfs again.

That is a dumb statement (sorry if I can't read sarcasm) about 100 players past  November.  Ridiculous, this game has sold over 3.4 million.  I have no trouble finding games.  Is the player pool going to diminish because of the PS4?  Of course, so is GTA 5 and so is UC3.  With map packs coming in Oct 15 for TLOU, it will certainly have a healthy enough player pool.  Yes TLOU is already getting played out, especially for an addict like me, but the gameplay and environment is so much more complex and tactical than UC3.

Will TLOU still be around in two years?  That's up for debate...

On another note.  UC3 MP was more mature and more complex with more modes.  But sh!t was getting too nooby and annoying where the only good mode was Classic Mode.  Classic mode had less to rage about.  No nooby kickbacks and no nooby M9 RoF etc.   Unfortunately it would take sometime over a half hour to find a Classic mode game.  THe player pool was so small that I would see the same players over and over.

Message 36 of 49 (265 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10175 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Classic mode has boosters though. I mean, if Revenge is okay and RoF isn't I'd have to say that you're not playing Classic for "less BS", but whatever.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 37 of 49 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13779 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I doubt it'll stop TLOU. They also have a dedicated community like us.

I think it'll just draw out the casuals on every player pool. Me, I'm more of a GTA/Burnout player, so you'll probably see me on GTA Online more often until UC4 comes out.

What about the TLOU players who wanted a co-op game?

They are certainly losing those players.

I honestly cannot see TLOU surviving past November. If it does survive it'll be a hardcore group of about 100 players.

There is just too much coming out. if a superior game like Uncharted will take hits around the big titles. The big players should kill a minority game like TLOU.

Maybe I'm missing something though. I just don't see anything special in it, I don't even see a reason to play it myself. Now I certainly wont since ND are moving the goal posts with nerfs again.

That is a dumb statement (sorry if I can't read sarcasm) about 100 players past  November.  Ridiculous, this game has sold over 3.4 million.  I have no trouble finding games.  Is the player pool going to diminish because of the PS4?  Of course, so is GTA 5 and so is UC3.  With map packs coming in Oct 15 for TLOU, it will certainly have a healthy enough player pool.  Yes TLOU is already getting played out, especially for an addict like me, but the gameplay and environment is so much more complex and tactical than UC3.

Will TLOU still be around in two years?  That's up for debate...

On another note.  UC3 MP was more mature and more complex with more modes.  But sh!t was getting too nooby and annoying where the only good mode was Classic Mode.  Classic mode had less to rage about.  No nooby kickbacks and no nooby M9 RoF etc.   Unfortunately it would take sometime over a half hour to find a Classic mode game.  THe player pool was so small that I would see the same players over and over.

Not as dumb as you'd imagine. I just don't see the game in the same light as you do.

You point to the gameplay and environment bringing complexity and tactical gameplay to the game and thats why it will stay.

I don't see the same tactical gameplay, I don't see complexity. I see another average third person shooter in a world full of average third person shooters.

Top that off with there being three modes, previously two, there is not enough to keep people around.

What is this oh so special map pack going to do? Separate the pool even further.. Oh I've always wanted more lag in my games... That was sarcasm.

But I wasn't even on about competitive so you really got in a twist over nothing. I want co-op. TLOU offers nothing for me. That is not dumb, that is logical for me to make the move as someone who wants co-op to a game that HAS co-op.

Then again maybe my previous comment was pointless. GTA can't wipe out anything if it doesn't work.

But if you really want me to focus on competitive. Uncharted is still better, at it's core it offers more to do and a variety of ways to play. The issues of talentless playstyles being used are quite minor when there is so much to do to keep people around.

Am I going to go back to this? Yeah I am, most importantly.. It has co-op.

Message 38 of 49 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 2, 2013

@TheStuntDouble = Hardcore King

Even I'll be honest, Hardcore was an awesome mode but then Classic came in? Because we needed that... if we wanted that kind of playstyle, we could play U2 with the laggy Turks.

Bang Bang!

Message 39 of 49 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10175 posts

Oct 2, 2013
@Aure, Warner Bros. Channel

TLOU has a dedicated community. Every game does. Even TR has some dedicated gamers. The question is that if the game can still bring in some people after a long time. Obviously, UC3 can, but TLO has the same player pool as 2012 UC3 and it's barely past its first year.

Putting it out there.

Also I supported Classic mode. I mean, sure, have fun with UC2 TDM. I just didn't realize HC had to die for some **bleep** reboot because a bunch of people can't just find 9 other people to play UC2 TDM with (Yes, that's one of the "suggestions" I got for HC mode, and also applies to **bleep** UClassic2 TDMode)
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 40 of 49 (248 Views)
0 Likes