Highlighted
Apr 16 2014
By: nicolepwned Sackboy 458 posts
Accepted Solution

UC4 Booster Idea

10 replies 407 views Edited Apr 16, 2014
So. Its a common theme when leveling up boosters, you seem to get medals for another booster rather than the one you want. I propose an idea: background leveling.

Say you want to level Cloaked, but also Scoped In. You select Cloaked as your first booster, whatever second booster you use, and then select Scoped In as a background booster. When Scoped In is a background booster, it has no benefits: its just there to level up. When its a background booster, the Long Ranger medal counts as 1/2 of the medal to the booster. It'll take twice as long if you just leave it there, but you are able to make progress.

Thoughts?

I only really play FFXIV and Smite now a'days.
If you send me a friend request please specify where you're from. Thank.
Sub or just check out my YouTube channel!
Message 1 of 11 (407 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Re: UC4 Booster Idea

Apr 16, 2014

I think it's slightly unnecessary - just take the long rangers etc you 'accidentally' get as practice for when you need to get them 'for real'. Also, might as well increase (or rather, not decrease) longetivity of the game.

That said, I wouldn't really mind if this were implemented, because like said, the background booster would have no effect, so no balance issues,

Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 11 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Apr 16, 2014
I like it the way it is. I'm not sure how they will do the boosters in U4, but I would assume they will be there andsome of the most popular and balanced ones will be there again. Maybe change what medals you have to get to level up in each section. Bronze should be easy and the reward weak. Then silver requires a different medal and gets a better reward. Gold could require more of the first 2 medals required plus some other completed challenge. The reward would be very noticeable.

Overall I would like to see less boosters, but more leveling of them.
Message 3 of 11 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Apr 16, 2014
Nah I prefer the current way I hope they do something similar I like the little meta game that is attached to leveling up boosters in UC3. The only thing I really want them to change is to not include 'noob crutch' offensive boosters like Revenge. Scrap boosters like ESE as well this booster is far too Over Powered on most maps.

But yeah keep the current booster leveling system & kill Legacy Ranks... go back to UC2 rank system.
Message 4 of 11 (373 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
852 posts

Apr 16, 2014
I like this idea, I usually only level the boosters I'm interested in, this would help me get the others.
[Kith] Since 2011
Message 5 of 11 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Apr 16, 2014

I like this idea. I know its really annoying to me when im trying to level up one booster but im getting medals for another booster. Example- getting assassin medals while upgrading a booster other than cloaked

To me, assassin's are kinda hard to get so that would make me annoyed

youtube.com/zsqrubiks
Message 6 of 11 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 17, 2014

At first I didn't like this idea, but after thinking about it for a while I've decided it's a FANTASTIC idea! Really, I don't know what I hate more than grinding out those lost few medals for gold (well, obviously it's not that bad, it's a video game after all but still). With this, you would be free to play much more dynamically (not just sniping, not just going for high fives, etc.) but you could do both to mix up the drudgery (variety is the spice of life, right?). 

And yes, it's really frustrating to get a difficult medal when you don't have that booster equipped. Why do my teammates only want high fives when I'm not using teamsafe?!?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 7 of 11 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2415 posts

Apr 17, 2014
While I suppose it would be better than what we currently have, I'd rather them just ditch this "leveling up booster" nonsense altogether, I won't even play Plunder or Team Objective in UC4 if they bring this system back, it completely ruined those modes for me and many others. It even hurt TDM, depending on the booster,
Pepsi
Message 8 of 11 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 17, 2014

SjShane wrote:
While I suppose it would be better than what we currently have, I'd rather them just ditch this "leveling up booster" nonsense altogether, I won't even play Plunder or Team Objective in UC4 if they bring this system back, it completely ruined those modes for me and many others. It even hurt TDM, depending on the booster,

Agreed.

TLOU's XP-based booster level up system is perfect IMHO. You level up all boosters by playing naturally and accumulating XP/supplies (you need 7500 supplies to unlock everything). It's perfect, because it doesn't promote boosting/farming.

Message 9 of 11 (319 Views)
Fender Bender
3804 posts

Apr 17, 2014

How about no booster leveling at all? Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11 (304 Views)
0 Likes