Sackboy
407 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer Leaderboards

Aug 1, 2013

While I'd rather not, I don't really care if you do.

Honestly most of the people that are that high on the leaderboards are only that high because they kill farmed in objective modes when the game first came out, rage quit when ever they died a few times, shared accounts and/or 3TDM boosted. Or in Ibiza's case, all of the above.

That doesn't really qualify as "working their **bleep** off". Any average/decent player could do any of the above and get a 4/5.0 KDR. All of the constant alt accounts have ruined K/D anyway. It meant a lot more back in U2 when it wasn't insanely easy to boost your way to a high K/D.

The main reason I'd be against it is for all of the people that did earn their stats honestly and worked hard.

Message 51 of 351 (573 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Do not erase the leaderboards…although I wouldn’t be against resetting them like was done a while back.  I’ve voted and it’s out of my hands.  Do what you will.

Definitely keep the stat cards….they tell a lot about a player…a high KDR, lots of losses and relatively few headshots?...paints a pretty clear picture of what you’re going to be up against.  I’d rather know this information than be in the dark.  I kid you not…I ran into a player recently that had a KDR above 30…that’s absurd.

Message 52 of 351 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3470 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Please do, I am fed up of alternatives trying to look good at a 1 1/2 year old game when they're bad. Publics should be less competitive, and more of fun. :smileyhappy:

Message 53 of 351 (562 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Aug 1, 2013

delete it and delete all the stats, we have enough stat quitter, glitcher or 3tdm booster.

Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Message 54 of 351 (550 Views)
Sucker Punch Community Leader
63 posts

Aug 1, 2013
I've read through the thread and I find it very hypocritical when people say they don't care about stats and it should be less competitive, yet they want the leaderboards to be erased. Why erase them if you don't care about them?

It seems like they just want to use this to improve stats that they aren't proud of or to screw over people who have worked hard to accomplish their stats.

Yeah, there are people who rage quit and glitch but if you reset the leaderboards, it doesn't make a difference at all. There will still be people who do that but now they can be even higher on the boards since everyone is at 0 again.

I know a lot of people with +100, 000 who are genuinely great players and don't rage quit. Why should they be punished for the few people that do?

It just doesn't make sense to delete them. At least, not after 2 years.
PSN: Honour_In_Skills

Youtube Channel: Dlord1PlayStation

36-3 TDM with 72 Medals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvpYACV6hQ
Message 55 of 351 (539 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Wouldn't it be enough to just delete the entries that are obviously glitched (anyone above iBiZa basically)? It's only the top positions that matter anyway so who really cares if there is a glitched entry at spot #15135 or similar... While you're at it Naughty Dog, you could also try hiring programmers who understand basic concepts such as integer overflows and data validation.

Message 56 of 351 (523 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 1, 2013

tln_SWE wrote:

While you're at it Naughty Dog, you could also try hiring programmers who understand basic concepts such as integer overflows and data validation.

I LOL'ed.

Maybe they should tell ICE Team to handle that. :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 57 of 351 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Remove the leaderboards.

Wastelander
562 posts

Aug 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I thought that FN people played customs? Why should they care about the leaderboards?

Because people that play FN's also have the right to play for their statistics in public matches.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 59 of 351 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Z_A_N_i_C_K wrote:

delete it and delete all the stats, we have enough stat quitter, glitcher or 3tdm booster.

ppl will boost even more when nd will reset the leaderboards.

Message 60 of 351 (460 Views)
0 Likes