Apr 01 2013
By: supermoc10 Hekseville Citizen 311 posts

UNCHARTED 4 WISHLIST: General

21 replies 331 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

Hi guys. I have some ideas on how to make UC4 the best game ever made and I'd like your input and your own suggestions. Let's make sure ND doesn't repeat the UC3 mistake.

Platform: PlayStation 4. However, don’t make it a launch title. Take your time to know the hardware and see the failures of other launch titles.

Engine: Next-Gen ND Engine. The engine should support DirectX 11 (or the PS4 equivalent since I doubt MS would let you use DX11), Destruction, something similar to Nvidia PhysX, Tesslation, Dynamic Lighting, Real-Time water, rain, everything. The game should have at least a 1080p Resolution and run at 60 FPS. The game should also use Euphoria in a way similar to Max Payne 3. The game should look at least as good as the cut-scenes in UC3 but with all those features.

Teams: Make both ND teams work on it. That way it’ll be the best game ever. Or at least get the members of the TLoU team who worked on UC2 to help out like Neil Druckman who by the way is making an amazing job with The Last of Us.

Story: I don’t have a lot of suggestions since you have awesome writers. I only have one idea, to have Elena pregnant. I think it would be cool if during their adventure, Elena is sick and starts throwing up and stuff. Nate could ask her from time to time if she's okay and she'd hide it from him. At one point in the story, she'd have no choice but to reveal to Nate that she's pregnant. It would be fitting because then Nate would have a valid reason for settling down at the end of the adventure. If done well, it could be epic IMO. Also, the story should be at least as long as UC2 and should flow the same way (no more teleporting from one country to another, etc…). Every cut-scene should be in-engine and not pre-rendered. That way we could have amazing cut-scenes and the game could change seamlessly from gameplay to cut-scene.

Gameplay: The pacing between combat, exploration and puzzles was pretty much perfect in UC3. The gunplay should be similar to Max Payne 3, minus the Bullet Time of course. Environments should have destruction like in Battlefield 3 (micro would work for sure but I’m not sure about macro though). UC4 should also have some of the improvements seen in The Last of Us. It would be cool to have the linear-sandbox style gameplay in UC4. We should be able to playthrough the game our own way. Also, make stealth more viable. Melee should be similar to UC3 but we should be able to melee someone or a group of enemy with the help of our partner. For example, Sully could punch someone and push him towards Drake who would finish him with an AK-47 swing. The enemies should be struggling when Drake tries to choke them. When swapping weapons in the middle of combat (long-gun to sidearm only), Nate should draw the sidearm and hold on to the long gun with his left hand (like in Max Payne 3). He’d put it on his back at the end of the fight. This would add to the realism of the game. When a character gets shoot, they should have blood on their clothes, including the main characters, but enough blood to keep the T rating.

Levels: Give us multiple routes in levels, like in TLoU. Also, make the combat arenas bigger like Syria and Graveyard. This would allow us more freedom in the way we tackle situations.

Weapons:

-Long Guns

-AK-47

-M9

-G-MAL

-Dragunov

-Fal-SS

-Kal-7

-Pistols

-92FS-9mm

-.45 Defender

-Mag-5

-Raffica

-Arm Micro

-Tau-Sniper

-Wes-44

-Shotguns

-Sawed-Off Shotgun

-SAS-12

-Pistole

-Explosives

-Mk-NDI (Frag Grenade)

-Stun Grenade

-Incendiary

-RPG-7

-M32-Hammer

Enemies: The enemy AI in UC4 should be even more advanced than The Last of Us. The hit reactions and enemy death would be more realistic by using the Euphoria engine. Enemies should react to every single bullet they receive. Also, where the player shoots them should influence their behavior and capabilities. If the player shoots them in a leg or a knee, they’d limp and if shot in both legs and knees, they’d only be able to crawl to cover. If shot in the arm, they shouldn’t be able to shoot and aim as well. If shot in the stomach, they cover the wound with one hand. If enemies fall down, they shouldn’t necessarily be dead. Some could crawl to their medics, others could ask Drake to spare them after seeing their teammates die. Enemies should communicate in the same way as in The Last of Us.

There shouldn't be anymore "wave after wave" of enmies in SP. When using stealth in Uncharted, if one enemy  sees you, everyone knows you're here instantly, even if you take out the one who spotted you quickly. This shouldn't happen anymore in UC4. Also, if the level allows for it, you should be able to hide from enemies and go back to stealth mode if they discover you. Enemies shouldn't be able to know exactly where you are unless they see you. For example, if you're taking cover on one side of a wall then move to the other, enemies should still shoot where you were, unless one of them sees you and tells his allies where you are. Kind of like a Last Known Position in Splinter Cell: Conviction but without the ghostly image.

Bring back enemy vehicles.

Treasures: Everytime we pick up a treasure, it should automatically bring us to the treasure screen. When there, Drake should tell a little description of the treasure. It would make them more interesting to look for.

Allies: Allies should be able to kill enemies and really feel human. They should also be able to melee and do everything the player can do.

Sounds: You should record real guns and use their sounds for the game like DICE did for BF3. You could work on the sounds with them like you worked with other devs in previous games (you guys should release vids on how other devs help you, I'd love to see how Bungie helped you with UC2's multiplayer).

Store/Cheats: Bring back the store and cheats along with all the previous options. Also, instead of buying skins, we should be able to fully customize the character, like in MP. Since the cut-scenes would be real-time, the character would always be the way we customized him in the cut-scene.

Characters Designs: Nate should stay the same as in UC3. Sully too. Elena and Chloe should look like in the E3 Trailer. 

Demos/Trailers: Use the TLoU tactic and don't show too much of the game. Show one or two small demos, otherwise show a trailer, a cinematic,etc...

Dev Cycle and Release Date: This game should have at least a 3 year dev cycle. That way it can be even bigger than UC2, refine on the gameplay advancements from UC3, the MP will be extensively tested and the game will be even more polished than UC2.

Advertising: Sony needs to advertise the living s*** out of the next UC. It's their best exclusive so they should have big marketing plans for it.

Live-Streaming: Ability to live-stream any mode of the game to YouTube or Twitch. If Live-streaming a Multiplayer game, the viewers should automatically be put in the Spectator Mode-like view to make for a better viewing experience. If the PS4 camera is connected to the console, we should be able to have a little screen with our face on it.

Kart Racing Mini-Game: Since you guys usually do 3 games and a Kart racer, it would be cool if you guys included a Kart Racing mini game in UC4. It could be unlocked after beating the story mode and would be playable in MP.

Please add your own suggestions and let me know what you think of mine. I know I'm not the only one who wants UC4 to be the best game it can so let's help ND before it's too late.Also, please support the thread so that we're sure ND sees it and implements some of our suggestions into UC4.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 1 of 22 (331 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4 WISHLIST: General

Apr 1, 2013
> Kart racing minigame

Don't give them ideas.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 2 of 22 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Apr 1, 2013
If the mini game includes a cameo appearance from Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank, then count me in
Message 3 of 22 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6721 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Out of all that I just read "Dragunov" and was like, it's called a Dragon Sniper silly.

Feet
Message 4 of 22 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
> Kart racing minigame

Don't give them ideas.

Why? That'd be pretty cool IMO. Maybe they could use it as an Easter Egg or an unlockable after beating the game on Crushing.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 5 of 22 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I'd rather not race. Reminds me of Burnout Paradise dying.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 22 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Also the story? I'd prefer it happen before UC3's ending. As much dramatic as it is to have Elena be pregnant, the UC3 ending seems final since it goes back to memories of UDF already (plane). It should happen before UC3's ending,

If possible, involve the other girls from Nate's black book.
Message 7 of 22 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Weapons:

-Incendiary.

You want to burn people alive? I doubt that would make it into a T rated game.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 8 of 22 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Also the story? I'd prefer it happen before UC3's ending. As much dramatic as it is to have Elena be pregnant, the UC3 ending seems final since it goes back to memories of UDF already (plane). It should happen before UC3's ending,

If possible, involve the other girls from Nate's black book.

I was thinking the exact same thing. We're told that Nate has all this history with Flynn, Sully, Chloe, and Charlie but that's never really shown (until Sully's relationship to Nate in UC3). I think that they should go back and give us some history of the relationship between Nate and Chloe (how it conflicts with the relationship of Nate and Elena), some of adventures before even UC2. Or give us the history of Flynn and Nate or just some more history/background of him. In fact, I think I'd be interesting if we could play it through the perspective of Chloe or Elena or Sully without Nate completely. Or give us a story but include flashbacks to other parts of Drake's life at least (in the same way that the did in UC2 and 3). I want more background/history of any of the main characters, or maybe another heist (only bigger part in the story this time). I'm getting tired of the whole "lost city of gold/immeasurable wealth" thing. NO MORE LOST CITIES!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 9 of 22 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Probably whatever "good old times" meant for Flynn and Nate.
Message 10 of 22 (224 Views)
0 Likes